Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #41
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O Mamas that circed, do you feel judged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post
Yup. We circ for reasons that are important to us. I choose not to explain our reasons, or even discuss the topic on DS, to be honest. But just for this thread, I'll share - DS1 and DS2 were circ'd at birth, and DS3 was left intact (due only to a change in hospital policy that no longer allowed parents to be there for the procedure). He is now 14m old, and has to be circ'd soon for medical reasons (although the hardcore intactivists who received a medical degree from Google University love to tell me there are NO medical reasons for circumcision :eyesrollout:.). DS4 will be circ'd 8 days after birth.

I don't care what intactivists say/think about it. I'm sure they judge me, but that's their problem, not mine .
Funniest line I've read in a long, long time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoGcubed View Post
Who wouldn't, with all the "You're a baby mutilator!" nonsense on this board.
Word to your mother! [on any issue on here really when it goes to extremes!]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1&postcount=32

Is this thread some sort of call out?
Oh good point. It may just be curiosity or not. TBH if that's how anyone feels about any parenting decisions I make I probably wouldn't want them to be a part of my life. I desire support and encouragement personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel89411 View Post
Yup. And it doesn't help to say I am mutilating my kids or they will hate me for it later.
No one can ever be sure that ANY decision they make as a parent won't have a good or bad effect. We just do the best we can for each of our lives. No one is perfect despite the fact that some give off airs that they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags462 View Post
I honestly don't care what people do in terms of circ - but here on DS most mamas view it as a human rights issue - whereas i view it as a parenting issue and there is just no reconciling the two. So i don't even try......
Excellent point!
Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids View Post
While we have had sitters and friends and family have changed diapers for us over the years, I cannot recall ever once having a discussion with anyone regarding the status of my sons' foreskins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudsahmof4 View Post
I don't share information about my children's genitals with others, therefore a non-issue.
Yes to both of these. IRL no one sits around talking about their children's genitalia [unless there is a true concern about infection and asking 'has your child ever had this symptom]. But 99% of the time never. I think it's a bigger issue on here and similar 'crunchy' boards.

I want to be clear that I'm find if someone feels boys should be intact and another person feels that it should be up to the child.
Heck, again, I'm more pro-intact BUT pro mind my own business.

But to say circumsing is a hineous crime or think that one is mutilating a child [but then turn around and whine about someone who says "ZOMG, they said I was sick for not circumcising", is just well, pot meeting kettle].
We can have opinions without being hateful.

And sorry the whole "I only talk about it this way among a group of 'understands' [mainly online], is nothing more than a cop-out again. Basically that translates too: "I can be rude, hateful and mean because I'm hiding behind a computer screen and don't have to see or feel the full brunt of someone else's hurt because of how I'm acting."

I say it takes a much bigger person to share an opinion thoughtfully and nicely than it ever to say someone is committing a crime or abusive.

Child molestation, rape, trafficking, ****...these are heinous crimes. Say those words when it comes to such things. Not when it something is legal and still left up to the parent [whether we agree or not].

Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #42
NiNi
Registered Users

I always find it interesting that non circing mamas feel judged. When they come into almost every thread about circing to tell you not to. and circing mamas feel judged by them all day. Vicious cycle.

I don't discuss my children's private areas with anyone. And if someone EVER came up to me before or after children and asked, id tell them to shut up and mind their own business.

sent from my iPhone. excuse all typos
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #43
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy_dandy View Post
I recently read that the AAP has gone back to recommending circumcision again... wish I could remember where so I could share the article... hmm.
http://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-a...-Says-AAP.aspx

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/27/health...ion/index.html
Old 10-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #44
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I thought she was an "intactivist".
so what? this is a spin off thread of another thread. yes im an intactivist but im curious if the other side feels judged.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #45
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes

so what? this is a spin off thread of another thread. yes im an intactivist but im curious if the other side feels judged.
Do you judge those who choose to circ their sons?
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #46
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I absolutely feel judged on DS for circ'ing.

Oddly enough, I was also super judged IRL for pushing to NOT circ DS2. The only person IRL who would back me up was my brother's MIL, who did not circ her son. Everyone else was quick to jump on why I just HAD to circ him. DH actually blamed the mamas here on DiaperSwappers for my wanting to leave him intact. Which, kinda, is true. My eyes were opened way up by all the mamas on here and it made me not want to circ. I lost the battle and we got DS2 circ'd but I was armed with enough info found on DS to insist on pain medication, nursing immediately afterward, etc.

So, really, it's 6 of one and half a dozen of another. Somewhere, someone is going judge a parenting choice you make. The mamas here are just more vocal about telling you why you're wrong. LOL
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #47
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Do you judge those who choose to circ their sons?
i wasnt coming on this thread to state my opinion on that. this wasnt a bash the mamas that circ thread. do i judge? depends on the circumstances.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #48
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

nm yo
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #49
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainandRedemption View Post
nm yo
You put a 'yo' on the end. That moves you right up to the top of my book on coolness!

I agree Caliroll, 6 of 1, 1/2 doz of the other. Darned if you do, darned if you don't no matter what you choose to do in the parenting realm on any given subject.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #50
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
You put a 'yo' on the end. That moves you right up to the top of my book on coolness!

I agree Caliroll, 6 of 1, 1/2 doz of the other. Darned if you do, darned if you don't no matter what you choose to do in the parenting realm on any given subject.

I agree. I try to put as much thought into what I do as a parent as I can without loosing my mind but no one's going to get everything "right". In the end you do the best you can and let the other stuff gooooooo.
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote