Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #81
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Oct 1

i'm 17 weeks (and one day) and i've also gained 7 pounds! although, our home scale is broken, so that could be a little off, since it's just the scale at the doctor, wearing different clothes at different times of day...

Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #82
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'm 18w2d and I've gained about 10. Ho hum.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #83
miraclebaby
Registered Users
seller

i lost 12......

today i added a deadbolt/ locked all the windows/ added a slide lock to the basement.

I feel a bit safer, even though he's not been served. he got a new cellphone and never even gave me the number, so that wont look good in court either.

Feeling the baby a bit more here and there, mostly its OH was that it?.... wait... wait... nothing... lol.

Join me swagging http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/stephlawler
miraclebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:43 AM   #84
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraclebaby View Post
My 8yr is going to be a candy corn witch. idk that i'll even take jake out.

my family keeps telling me to have an abortion. I'd never even consider that, but its not helping the situation.

After no contact since he told me he wanted a divorce/opened his own bank account. I get an email today "you were given $2,000 that was plenty to pay the bills i told you i was going to take care of it but no i didnt get a phone call or any thing i had to find out from the bank and my pay role to see were the money was sent and where it whent. so yeah thanks for communicationg thouse bills should of been payed with that money, if you didnt do that not my problem"

my reply :
The bills total 5489.80.
How am i supposed to pay that with 2,000 and have anything left for food.
You promised not to touch the bank account when i asked you how you
were going to pay the bills.

NO answer of course. ..........

his therapist agreed to meet me on friday. Hope he can give me some insight on an addicts mind.

Thursday i meet the lawyer i know i can't afford. I have all my evidence lined up. I will file emergency custody and protection order if i can. He's so unstable.
I am so sorry you're going through this, and that your family would say that! My mom went through hell with my dad and all of this sounds all too familiar.

Do you guys have YWCA where you are? Here we do and they have great programs for helping women in situations like yours, they made all the difference for my mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
My sister had her baby! She is named after me and looks just like me I am in love!
How wonderful! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
QOTW: we are dressing as a pirate family. DH, DS and I are going to be pirates. DD is going to be a parrot! LOL I'll be making her costume. I really need to get cracking on it!!

AFM: I'm 17 weeks today and in the depths of headache/ migraine land. Its been like this for about two weeks and I see no end in sight. They last all day everyday. I'm waking up with them...ugh. I didnt have them this bad or this late with the others.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Hey pirate twin So sorry about the migraines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlids View Post
does anyone else wear a different style of underwear during pregnancy? i did with my son and am gonna have to get a similar style again soon. i took my undies off tonight at the had been digging into the creases where the legs join the torso, kwim?
Ugh, mine are feeling too small... wondering if I should buy bigger ones now or replace these which will be all stretched out later... :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Anyone else getting searing abdomen/uterus pain when they sneeze? I try and crunch up in a ball for support but sometimes it's so sudden that I can't. Ouch!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
Yep, here too.

Quote:
Ahhh, 3 under 3. Thats what we'll have and I'm starting to rethink it. LOL

We just got back from the library and I'm so embarrassed!!! The kids totally ganged up on me. They bolted in two different directions. DD was pulling books off the shelves and DS was screaming crying and running around the tables. Having a total melt down. Eveytime I tried to get one they got louder. I finally threw them in the bathroom (where I'm sure the noise echoed but at least nobody was looking at us). Settled them down and hauled out butts out of there. I made DS say sorry to the Librarian. OMG sooo humiliating! I swear- I'm probably never going to get out of the house with these monsters once this baby gets here. Ah!
I guess we wont be going back to that library again. :/

Oh yuck! I've totally had those days, I'm sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
I wouldn't worry about weight if you eat that healthy. It is totally normal to gain 30-50lbs. My midwife just says to eat healthy and watch for swelling or excessive gain.

miraclebaby: Even though he has not been served I would still tell the schools. Just to be safe. I know this is hard, I watched my mom go through it when I was a kid but I can say that having children makes you strong. He also had a **** addiction and he was abusing us. You are much more strong now then you would be if you did not have children, fight for them and for yourself. Stay present and find small positive things to do to keep your spirits up. My mom and I would take a walk on the beach or have a singing loudly while making pancakes morning or a pj and movie day. Cling to those babies, you can do it!

Over here I am having some round ligament pain today. Anyone else have this? I keep thinking I have to pee but I think it is just the ligaments near my thighs stretching.
Excellent advice mama
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:45 AM   #85
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

QOTW: We are going to be a pirate family as well, ODD is obsessed with pirates right now so there wasn't much choice in the matter, lol! We do halloween big here, already have TONS of decorations up and more to do! It's my favorite holiday!

AFM: feeling so so sooo exhausted... and that's about it. I just want some energy back so I can get things done before this baby comes!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #86
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was making our Halloween costumes for most of yesterday, I am almost finished! I just have a couple more pieces to do. I cannot wait for our pumpkin patch outing next weekend, it will be the first time we all wear them
Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #87
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Ahhh, 3 under 3. Thats what we'll have and I'm starting to rethink it. LOL

We just got back from the library and I'm so embarrassed!!! The kids totally ganged up on me. They bolted in two different directions. DD was pulling books off the shelves and DS was screaming crying and running around the tables. Having a total melt down. Eveytime I tried to get one they got louder. I finally threw them in the bathroom (where I'm sure the noise echoed but at least nobody was looking at us). Settled them down and hauled out butts out of there. I made DS say sorry to the Librarian. OMG sooo humiliating! I swear- I'm probably never going to get out of the house with these monsters once this baby gets here. Ah!
I guess we wont be going back to that library again. :/

We've all had horrible experiences with the kiddos. Last year, I had DD2 in my Ergo and had to carry my kicking and screaming 3 year old out of the mall. We were (of course) on the opposite end from where we parked. Holy walk of shame. DD1 kept kicking her shoes off during the debacle, too. It all started because she didn't want to go in Sears (really?) and then she flipped because I decided that we would just leave altogether if she couldn't behave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2row View Post
Anyone else just really fatigued today? I don't know if it's the change in the weather (it went form 80 yesterday to about 50 today), or if it's just me but I am off. I had a decent sleep last night, a good nap, and still just don't feel right. I woke up with a headache that lingered from last night & took my BP, which was normal. I'm guessing it's just one of those days, but man am I beat. I just really want to crawl into bed and call it a night, but have to wait for DH to get home. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.
Yep, fatigue is my life. I fell asleep at midnight after forcing myself to stay up to watch a movie with DH. The kids woke up at 8am, and I dozed on the couch until 11am. I'm still pooped. Maybe the weather isn't helping? It's been rainy and dreary for a week and a half over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christylkeller View Post
Today I am 17 weeks and feeling tons of movement this morning! This makes me sooo happy! I won't fully be able to relax until our U/S on the 17th, but for now I am feeling pretty good.
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitcrunchy View Post
Yea it's totally normal for it to be intermittent this early on! I feel baby a couple times a day or just once that I recall, but I don't think I've totally missed day lately. And sometimes it's not until right before I fall asleep so I could easily have missed it.
Me, too. I'll get spurts of movement, but it's still easy to miss sometimes. Some days are busier than others.

Quote:
I have started to feel the baby a bit more now.

I had to get a protection order yesterday. I have no idea where he is and so he hasn't been served, but i've been awarded temporary full custody of jake. My lawyer is going to file for legal separation so at least until things get rolling i will be able to retain full custody.
Court date is oct 24th for the protection order hearing. I'm adding a new deadbolt tomorrow. I hope he gets served soon, cuz waiting for him to just show up is scary.
Quote:
i lost 12......

today i added a deadbolt/ locked all the windows/ added a slide lock to the basement.

I feel a bit safer, even though he's not been served. he got a new cellphone and never even gave me the number, so that wont look good in court either.

Feeling the baby a bit more here and there, mostly its OH was that it?.... wait... wait... nothing... lol.
I'm so sorry about all of this. It's a good thing you're being so proactive with the locks and everything. I still hope he wakes up and can at least be civil with you during the process. Goodness...changing his phone number? Some father he is....what if you had to reach him for an emergency?
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #88
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AFM, been really busy the past few days. I finally had an eye appointment after putting it off for about 6 months. I had to have my eyes dilated, and it is sooooo disconcerting to be sitting in the waiting area at Wal-mart with no contacts on, and no glasses. I am very nearsighted, so all I see are fuzzy shapes. While waiting for the dilation to happen, my mother, of all people, somehow happened to be at Wal-mart at the same time and somehow saw me (I was sitting in a waiting area well inside the vision center...I have no clue how she managed to see me!). I can't see anything, but I could totally recognize her shape from about 30 feet away! Haha, in a weird way, I thought it was a testimony to how awesome my mom is. I mean, we had to have sensed one another. Anyway, it was just kind of neat. She came to my rescue when I felt really alone and vulnerable (because the Walmart vision center is SUCH a dangerous place! )

So, now I'm in the midst of cleaning and packing...we leave for Florida on Tuesday! I'll probably be missing from DS for the week, so no worries, ok? I have my big ultrasound the day after we get back--can't wait!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #89
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
AFM, been really busy the past few days. I finally had an eye appointment after putting it off for about 6 months. I had to have my eyes dilated, and it is sooooo disconcerting to be sitting in the waiting area at Wal-mart with no contacts on, and no glasses. I am very nearsighted, so all I see are fuzzy shapes. While waiting for the dilation to happen, my mother, of all people, somehow happened to be at Wal-mart at the same time and somehow saw me (I was sitting in a waiting area well inside the vision center...I have no clue how she managed to see me!). I can't see anything, but I could totally recognize her shape from about 30 feet away! Haha, in a weird way, I thought it was a testimony to how awesome my mom is. I mean, we had to have sensed one another. Anyway, it was just kind of neat. She came to my rescue when I felt really alone and vulnerable (because the Walmart vision center is SUCH a dangerous place! )

So, now I'm in the midst of cleaning and packing...we leave for Florida on Tuesday! I'll probably be missing from DS for the week, so no worries, ok? I have my big ultrasound the day after we get back--can't wait!
That is such a sweet story!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #90
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

oh my have the weird pregnancy dreams begun. and they're so stupid too and make zero sense at all, haha. night before last i had a dream that the border to turkey was just north of where we live in aomori, japan. even better, it was an unsecured border. now i'm absolutely horrible at geography but i do know that turkey is no where near japan, lol. then last night i think my dream meshed with the show once upon a time. i've been watching the first season of that show like crazy the past few days. oh my pregnancy hormones.