Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #11
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

I would do a warm wash as your prerinse with no soaking. Then add your detergent and run a hot wash and give it a extra rinse.

Advertisement

yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #12
elijahsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diapers not getting clean? Help! *update* post 11

So I just washed no soaking hot water with full amount of soap pulled diapers out to look at before a rinse cycle and there were fleece liners that had a full amount of poop on them still. Diapers didn't look to good either. I washed again with different soap on a hot wash. The water is coming out hot and I had a med-large load set on a large setting, the mach. does agitate but I noticed diapers sit at the top of mach. while it's agitating, started pushing them down a bunch to agitate more. They look cleaner as far as no chunks but all that had poo are stained. One even had a orange urate crystal spot that is still stained. Any thoughts?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #13
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Diapers not getting clean? Help!

honestly it sounds like a machine issue no a detergent one. I can put a pail full of poo stained diapers in and run jsut a prewash with nothing added and 100% of any thick poo will be gone and about 95% of stains will be gone jsut with a prewash.. Thye wont smell too pretty detergent then gets the rest and clean the odors out and the bleach I put in the prerinse helps with stains but its the washers aggitation that is the biggest aid in cleaning.
are you using the higehst aggitation speed possible?

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #14
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Are you doing a pre-wash or rinse before your hot wash? I agree on no soaking but you need to be doing something before that hot wash to rinse them. Either a pre-wash setting or rinse cycle THEN do your hot wash. If that doesn't work I would say it was likely a washer issues.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #15
EyeDocMommy
Registered Users
seller

Do a hot cycle prewash and I would decrease your water level if they are floating at the top.
EyeDocMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #16
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay, my first thought is why would you put diapers with CHUNKS of poo on them in the washing machine?

You need to get the solids off before you put them in the wash. That's what a diaper sprayer is for. If you don't have one, get one....until then use a garden hose.

Personally, I would never even think to put POOP diapers in the wash without pre-rinsing them off with a sprayer (and I EBF too).
Old 10-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #17
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy View Post
are you soaking the poo diapers or soaking rinsed diapers? Dont soak poo diaper you just soaking in the stains and smell.
The majority of the stuff should come off with just a good prerinse, detergent should take care of the rest, in my experience BF stains should be a rare thing and not something normal unless their is some other factor (certain meds etc) sunning is great for stubborn stains but it shoudln't be an every wash thing.

Deffiently use more detergent follow your detergents reccomendations for load and water type you can tweak it a bit from there. Its better to need an extra rinse or even an extra cycle to rinse than just not getting the diapes clean in the first place

How many are you washing at once? Too few and its not only a waste but they don't get the aggitation they often need but too crowded and diapers end up bunched and they dont get cleaned.. Also make sure diapers aren't all wadded up tight before going into the pail again they can sometimes stay all wadded rolled up and not get properly exposed to the water/soap.
This--my dipes got cleaner on the med setting; on the large setting they kind of just floated around, didn't really rub against each other.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #18
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostcrunchy View Post
Okay, my first thought is why would you put diapers with CHUNKS of poo on them in the washing machine?

You need to get the solids off before you put them in the wash. That's what a diaper sprayer is for. If you don't have one, get one....until then use a garden hose.

Personally, I would never even think to put POOP diapers in the wash without pre-rinsing them off with a sprayer (and I EBF too).
as long as its only breastfeed poo its all water soluable and yes even the bigger "chunks" should rinse right off, a prerinse cycle before washing should clear that out fine the fact that after a full wash she is still seeing that much to be says the washer is jsut not doing its job.

I didn't own a sprayer till around 6 months or so and never rinsed a diaper did a cool prewash then long hot wash with detergent and extra rinse never had issues with stink or stains. IF the diapers were extra dirty I ran an intial quick wash instead of the prewash

However if that is the case PO you may need to spray off the diapers before going into the pail

Old 10-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #19
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskamum View Post
This--my dipes got cleaner on the med setting; on the large setting they kind of just floated around, didn't really rub against each other.
I like setting my water level one up form my load, so like I'm washing say 6 diapers that is a small load in my machine so I wash medoim setting
when I was washing 12 at a time I washed large load not I wash XL load with 18, one up allows for good water flow and enough space for diapers to open and get exposed but still packed enough they can benifit from rubbing against each other.. I do heaviest aggitation as well.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #20
erv0207
Registered Users
seller

I have never had a problem with bf poop on my fb diapers. I usually just go from pail to soaking (without rinsing unless it is really bad) overnight with baking soda and oxy. Then I wash with Charlie's in the am on hot/cold. I have never had staining on diapers or inserts. I usually sun dry diapers nut not alys the inserts .
erv0207 is offline   Reply With Quote