Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
I have a couple that my Granny made. She made one for my sister's oldest daughter before she died. My sister has had 6 kids since then & I didn't want them to not feel special so I started making them. I do it by hand so I'm super slow. I've only finished 3 so far and I've tried to get my sister to stop having kids until I get caught up

aimeeturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #22
Registered Users
Re: Do you own a fabric quilt?

Originally Posted by LittleABC View Post
It's a nice bedding is from there.

As for quilts, I have a lot of them. MyGrandmother makes them and I also have two that my Dad made as projects with my sister....they are gorgeous!
napua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #23
Registered Users
I have so many! My parents quilt (i love the one my mom made that i still use.)

Sent from my Inspire. Hope everything makes sense!
*Bonita* - Loving, Converse Wearing, Hippie College Student,
Now Back in Texas
My Cheshire (Samson) Feb 2013

Lover Among Stars, a blog about my journey as a single mom with my little one.
loveramongstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #24
Registered Users
My Mood:

My Mamaw hand sewed her quilts. All of my uncles have one and my aunt keeps them for "safe keeping" when she passed away I was supposed to have one but my cousin took them all..however, when my DD was born I asked for one...My DD has one from her Great Grandma on her dads side (still living) that is TINY little pieces of silk sewn together and one from my GrandMa (her great grandma) that im not sure what it looks like (its still in Kentucky)..ill post a pic of the one I have in my possession though. I have one from when I was a baby that has teddy bears on it.I also have two queen sized ones that I hand made....with TLC. haha.
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #25
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
Originally Posted by LittleABC

It's the best store, evaaa. I usually buy my summer dresses from there and they have neat house stuff.
"You think that true love is the only thing that can crush your heart;
that will take your life and light it up or destroy it.
Then, you become a mother."

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #26
Registered Users
Yes we do. A couple from my mom who does embroidery not block quilts, a block quilt from my grandma and a few I've made (block). My sons baby doll even had the quilt my mom made for her about 20 years ago (he has my baby doll from when I was little).

I love quilts. They are so cozy in the winter. All of the grandkids that got quilts in 1993 for christmas, who still have them, are pretty attached to them. I love mine.

I even have my very first baby quilt. Poor stuffing is in one corner and all the embroidery has came out. But it is sooooo soft.

The quilts I have made are all block type quilts. I'm working on 4 right now too. A jean, 2 quilt a longs, an upcycled.
Wife to Arron Jr.
Mama to Arron III
Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #27
Registered Users
My Mood:

We have one. My dh's grandma gave it to me at my bridal shower. I guess her dad hand made it. (So dh's great grandfather) At first I wasn't impressed, it seemed so 'country' and that isn't my style but now I love it (even though we don't use it, it is stored for safety) I just told dh yesterday that I want to learn to quilt.
LesLee wife to Andy 8.2.02 SAHM to Evan 1.13.05 and Ryan 4.4.07 and Colt 4.26.11 and Anderson
on 1/3/14 and angel baby 2/14/15-6/11/15

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #28
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Do you own a fabric quilt? share pictures if you want. Would love to see them.

I have a twin sized one that my grandmother made me when I was younger. It is in a grid patter, and has different colored and styles of hand emroidered butterflies in each square, with a floral blue background, so if DS ever has a daughter I will pass it down to her. I have made crib or lap sized ones for friends and family members, but I don't have a machine big enough to do the quilting on one bigger than that. We also own a full/queen sized quilt from Pottery Barn that DS used to use on his bed, but now I use it as a lap blanket on the sofa.

Here are a few of the baby quilts I have made.

This one was 4' square, cowboy theme

Close up of the quilting before I put the binding on. I always use 100% cotton batting b/c I think it gives it a good weight.

The color doesn't show well, but the back is a lime green and white stripped flannel

I made this one for my BFF's baby girl. I love how the scrappy binding turned out on this one!!

Close up of stitching. I stitched the edge of each stripe, and then did the intersecting waves.

Close up of the back

This was the last one I made. It is all flannel, and not pieced. It is just two solid pieces of flannel that I did straight quilting every 1/2". This blanket is SOOO soft and floppy!! I made a matching fitted diaper to this as well!
(the printing on the fabric is crooked, but I just loved the skulls!)

Close up of the stitching.

Matching diaper!
Mom to Greyson, 14

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.

Last edited by somo_chickenlady; 10-07-2012 at 09:59 PM.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #29
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Do you own a fabric quilt? share pictures if you want. Would love to see them.

I have 3. 2 my mom made and a small one my friend's mom made for my son. One is a rag quilt and the other is a basket quilt my mom made for me when I was little. I guess my daughter will be having a red and yellow room!

I wanted to add that the one my mom made was hand sewn without a sewing machine. Now-adays that is unheard of.
Emily partner in crime to Martin :: mama to gavin 3/02 and Martin 7/08 Sylvia 3-3-11 Theodore 6/20/13 Expecting a new little bean in June 2014
angel baby 12/25/09

Last edited by missemily; 10-07-2012 at 09:38 PM.
missemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #30
Registered Users
My Mood:
DS1 has one that MIL and GMIL made for DH when he was a kid. It's completely handmade and there are lots of imperfections and I love every inch of it. They used whatever fabrics they had around and the mix is really nice. If it were a queen instead of a twin it'd be on our bed.

I would really love to learn how to quilt. It's definitely on my bucket list.
Robbyn, SAHM to Silas, 4/3/09 and Griffin, 3/23/12
bezark is offline   Reply With Quote