Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #321
Jubilee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ Oct. 1-Oct. 7

Butting in here, don't mind me

I totally do the same thing with the cell phone light, but I wake up at the time so I don't need to write it down. I usually get my kids breakfast and then put it into FF. I never forget what it was (because I'm obsessed lol)

Mine doesn't store temps like I've heard some people's do

Advertisement

and full-time student.
Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #322
ardeur
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
ardeur -- another quick question:

Is it basically pointless to BD tonight since it appears I most likely already O'd... or am I still in that fertile window?
I would BD until you've confirmed your ovulation -- three high temps above your coverline.

Taking Charge of Your Fertility is an excellent book which teaches you all about charting your fertility signs. www.tcoyf.com will give you tutorials.

ETA: There is a LOT more to tracking your fertile and infertile times than just taking your basal body temps. Temping is just the tip of the iceberg. It's the most reliable sign, but it only tells us when we've ovulated after the fact.

Last edited by ardeur; 10-07-2012 at 08:27 PM.
ardeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #323
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeur View Post
I would BD until you've confirmed your ovulation -- three high temps above your coverline.

Taking Charge of Your Fertility is an excellent book which teaches you all about charting your fertility signs. www.tcoyf.com will give you tutorials.

ETA: There is a LOT more to tracking your fertile and infertile times than just taking your basal body temps. Temping is just the tip of the iceberg. It's the most reliable sign, but it only tells us when we've ovulated after the fact.
Thanks for the info!! I have that book and I LOVE it!!!

Since the OPKs haven't turned totally positive for me, I've been going more off my own body's signs.. I had more CM today and yesterday than earlier in the cycle, cervix seemed softer, temp dipped way low yesterday.... based off that and the fact that the last time I got pregnant I can't remember my OPK ever going totally positive either, I took those fertile signs and made sure to BD those two nights... so yep, there is definitely more to it than temping. I'm trying my hardest not to miss this egg!!
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #324
ardeur
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry View Post
Thanks for the info!! I have that book and I LOVE it!!!

Since the OPKs haven't turned totally positive for me, I've been going more off my own body's signs.. I had more CM today and yesterday than earlier in the cycle, cervix seemed softer, temp dipped way low yesterday.... based off that and the fact that the last time I got pregnant I can't remember my OPK ever going totally positive either, I took those fertile signs and made sure to BD those two nights... so yep, there is definitely more to it than temping. I'm trying my hardest not to miss this egg!!
Sounds like you're right on top of it! Awesome!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #325
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaner View Post
7DPO bfn this morning (of course. LOL) I'm not discouraged about ttc but feeling depressed just because right now. Hopefully I'll get a bfp in the next few days I am testing with wondfos at the moment but also have some FRERs waiting.
Hope you get to feeling happier soon! I get in funks every now and then and just feel blah.....for no reason. It always goes away eventually....maybe you need some retail therapy!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #326
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

When I take my temp in the am (don't have to set the alarm anymore, I wake up at 5:45 every day just for that) I have a little memo on my phone for each month, and I type in the date and temp. That way if I forget or my thermometer doesn't save the temp I have it in my phone.

oh, and I am back to waiting to O...I had a massive temp drop this am and sure enough AF reared her head this afternoon
Old 10-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #327
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I put it directly into the FF app every am!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #328
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwick View Post
When I take my temp in the am (don't have to set the alarm anymore, I wake up at 5:45 every day just for that) I have a little memo on my phone for each month, and I type in the date and temp. That way if I forget or my thermometer doesn't save the temp I have it in my phone.

oh, and I am back to waiting to O...I had a massive temp drop this am and sure enough AF reared her head this afternoon
I'm sorry! FX for next month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
I put it directly into the FF app every am!
I do that sometimes, too. I guess in my mostly asleep state I either grab the pen or the phone... the pen is easier than the app when I'm more asleep for some reason.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
Old 10-08-2012, 03:07 AM   #329
photocat
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwick View Post

Oh, sorry mama, hoping for next month for you! Is that a downside or an upside of charting, knowing when you're out before AF actually arrives?

Re charting: my thermometer holds the last temp so I take it then turn it off without even looking at it and get a few more minutes zzzzzzz. Then enter it
later.
I think I'll leave it sitting in it's case, so I have to scrabble for it and just lay it on the side table when I'm done. Haha, very high tech, right?

photocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:12 AM   #330
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Question for all the tempers/charters:

I woke up at 5 am today because I had to pee... so before getting up I took my temp and got 97.12, went back to bed until 7 am and took my temp again then because 7 am is my usual temping time... at 7 am I got 97.27 -- I figured it was best to input the first temp at 5 am and just note the time I took it instead of 7 since the one at 5 am had the most sleep before I took that temp... right?

My temp went down a little bit, but not by much from yesterday's temp... if I had slept uninterrupted until 7 would it have been higher you think? Now I'm wondering if I did O on the 16th and my stupid bladder messed today's temp all up!
Baby #3 coming July 2015