Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #31
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Do you own a fabric quilt? share pictures if you want. Would love to see them.

My grandmother was a big quilter and I have 2 that she has made and 2 baby blankets she made for my mom when I was a baby. My aunt also is a big quilter and I have one quilt from her and DS has a baby quilt from her. I have only tried to make a quilt once, it was a tshirt quilt for DS showcasing all of the tshirts from places we traveled over the first 2 years of his life. I have always wanted to make another with some charm packs but just haven't found the time. Of course I use a machine and my grandmother and aunt did all their quilting by hand!

Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #32
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you own a fabric quilt? share pictures if you want. Would love to see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezark View Post
DS1 has one that MIL and GMIL made for DH when he was a kid. It's completely handmade and there are lots of imperfections and I love every inch of it. They used whatever fabrics they had around and the mix is really nice. If it were a queen instead of a twin it'd be on our bed.

I would really love to learn how to quilt. It's definitely on my bucket list.
OMG! I love crazy quilts! I believe that's what it's called. I want one bad for my bed.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #33
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
I have 2 baby quilts. I will get pics when kids are in bed. I loooove them.

A local ds mama (who is my friend) had her mother make me a quilt for my last babies birth. It is perfect! So many hours and love went into it.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #34
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

in the house we have...

a gagillion (okay maybe 6) crib size quilts - I LOVE making those
2 toddler ones that P and E are sleeping under...they coordinate - I made them
1 twin size one that I made for DH when we were dating - it stays in the living room for snuggling on the couch
a queen size one my cousin made for us for our wedding
a king size one I made for me/us hoping to have a king size bed sometime :-/

In storage I have a full size one made for me when I was a kid

Oh and a "in progress" one I am making from the ties and shirts from my Grandpa (he passed away)....I want it PERFECT so it is taking me awhile....I should really hurry up though

I just got done with 4 twin quilts that I made for my MIL to put at their ranch house on 2 bunk beds...those were a lot of work..but look really cool.

For all my friends I have made quilts for their first kids...they are just recently getting around to having kids (I had my oldest when I was a teenager)...so it's been fun

Right now I am working on a crochet blanket for our bed.

I think that is all the handmade ones

ETA
here is a pic of the ones I made for the middle kids (they are on their toddler beds)

and this is a crappy picture of one of the twin one sI made for MIL

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here

Last edited by ohgirlohboyohno; 10-07-2012 at 09:27 PM.
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #35
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
ETA
here is a pic of the ones I made for the middle kids (they are on their toddler beds)
So cute!! I love your color combinations!

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #36
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've picked up quilting lately and am having somuch fun. None of my family quilt so I figured I better start making them myself. I made one for myself in high school, took a 10 year break and have recently made one for myself, one for my niece, and am working on one for ds for Christmas.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #37
mkrisel
Registered Users

Lots...and it's time to make a new one. I don't think dd has a blanket that wasn't hand made buy someone (except for light weight receiving blankets). we are fortunate to have a crafty family . Between me, my mom, my aunt and both my grandmothers (who passed away over 25 years ago) we are blessed with many home made blankets.
mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #38
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

I have a few. I have one that is manufactured, but its warm and holds up to machine washing. I have had it 10 years.

I have two on my bed right now that are handmade, though I'm unclear as to who made them. We found them in my grandmas house when she died.

When my mom was pregnant with me, she was a waitress at the Waffle House and a regular customer made a beautiful embroidered baby quilt for me.

This is the one I cherish most:

It was made by the wonderful mamas in my Sept '10 DDC here. My Sept '10 baby was stillborn, and I went on the have a Sept '11 baby after.

They each wrote something very special on a square, and then Jamie quilted it all together. They gave it to me when I was pregnant with my rainbow baby. I will cherish it forever.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #39
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post
I have a few. I have one that is manufactured, but its warm and holds up to machine washing. I have had it 10 years.

I have two on my bed right now that are handmade, though I'm unclear as to who made them. We found them in my grandmas house when she died.

When my mom was pregnant with me, she was a waitress at the Waffle House and a regular customer made a beautiful embroidered baby quilt for me.

This is the one I cherish most:

It was made by the wonderful mamas in my Sept '10 DDC here. My Sept '10 baby was stillborn, and I went on the have a Sept '11 baby after.

They each wrote something very special on a square, and then Jamie quilted it all together. They gave it to me when I was pregnant with my rainbow baby. I will cherish it forever.

What a lovely quilt Laura!
My eyes got a little misty over it

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #40
smores
Registered Users

Yes, I quilt, though I have a lot of WIPs and not a lot of finished pics! Here's one:

smores is offline   Reply With Quote