Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #1
Adinanna'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

To call or not to call?

I have had just a little bit of light brownish mucous-y discharge/spotting on and off since Friday. I didn't tell DH at first because he is a huge worrier, but he found out last night. Now he is worrying me to death about it. I don't know if it's worth a call to my dr or not. Since my first appointment is not until next Thursday, I feel like they'll just say to wait until I come in anyway. I'm trying not to worry, but not really succeeding. Should I call? Or do y'all think I shouldn't worry?

Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #2
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: To call or not to call?

Call and let them know. I had spotting around when my period was due for the first two months. They did an early ultrasound for dating and to make sure everything was okay. (It was, she's currently stealing my drink...)
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Brown blood/discharge is old blood- they usually will tell you not to worry. Most likely it is cervical irritation- any chance you and dh dtd a few days ago?

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #4
Adinanna'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered Mama
Brown blood/discharge is old blood- they usually will tell you not to worry. Most likely it is cervical irritation- any chance you and dh dtd a few days ago?
This began Friday, and the last time we DTD prior to that was Monday, so I don't think that's what caused it...
Old 10-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Or could it be old from implantation coming out now. I was told ifnot bright red blood & really hard cramps not to worry. If u have had miscarries I would call & check in. If no misscarries u are probably right as they will tell u to wait prob.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #6
Adinanna'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons
Or could it be old from implantation coming out now. I was told ifnot bright red blood & really hard cramps not to worry. If u have had miscarries I would call & check in. If no misscarries u are probably right as they will tell u to wait prob.
I don't have a history of miscarriages, but my SIL just miscarried a few weeks ago, so DH is freaking out.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
Adinanna'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee
Call and let them know. I had spotting around when my period was due for the first two months. They did an early ultrasound for dating and to make sure everything was okay. (It was, she's currently stealing my drink...)
This makes me feel better. I'll definitely call, just to see what they say. I still think they'll make me wait, but I just remembered that my cousin is a labor and delivery nurse and she offered to do an ultrasound for me anytime she is working, so maybe we can go see her and ease DH's mind a bit.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #8
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adinanna'sMomma View Post
This makes me feel better. I'll definitely call, just to see what they say. I still think they'll make me wait, but I just remembered that my cousin is a labor and delivery nurse and she offered to do an ultrasound for me anytime she is working, so maybe we can go see her and ease DH's mind a bit.
I doubt they'll bring you in early or anything, but it's good to make them aware. You should definitely take advantage of your cousin... as long as you're over six weeks.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #9
Adinanna'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

Cousin did an ultrasound for us this evening. The little bean was moving all around and had a good strong heartbeat. Whew, we are so relieved! And so glad we didn't have to worry and wait until next Thursday.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #10
kbjohnsonfam
Registered Users
seller

awesome news. lucky perks!