Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
happmama26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Leappad2 or Innotab2

We're considering buying DS3 and DS5 either the LeapPad2 or the Innotab2 for Christmas. Does anyone have experience with either or both? My niece has the original Innotab and it seems a little slow at times.

Thanks

Advertisement

happmama26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
Gothmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't own either, but I've been comparison shopping for a tablet for my kids. Both of these use batteries, and a lot of reviewers say they eat them like crazy, so I'm actually thinking of getting them 'real' tablets - but no-name brands.

This message won't self destruct in 30 seconds.
Gothmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Leappad2 or Innotab2

We're looking at these too. Can't wait to see what everyone says.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
happmama26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmommy View Post
I don't own either, but I've been comparison shopping for a tablet for my kids. Both of these use batteries, and a lot of reviewers say they eat them like crazy, so I'm actually thinking of getting them 'real' tablets - but no-name brands.
I don't think a regular tablet would hold up to my boys, especially DS5. I'm hoping that the LeapPad2 or Innotab2 are made to withstand more than regular tablets.

I'm also thinking that rechargeable batteries will be a must.
happmama26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happmama26 View Post
I don't think a regular tablet would hold up to my boys, especially DS5. I'm hoping that the LeapPad2 or Innotab2 are made to withstand more than regular tablets.

I'm also thinking that rechargeable batteries will be a must.
We got dd an Innotab last year (I know not the same as the 2) and she played with it for a little while. It does eat batteries like crazy so we did get rechargeable. She got bored with it after a couple of months and plays our Kindle Fire much more often. I got an otterbox for it and even before the otterbox all 3 of my children played with it and it has held up. My girl is often rougher with things than my boys ever were.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
jill_wv
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm wanting to get DD either the innotab 2 or leappad 2 for Christmas and I'm interested in hearing the responses.
DD will be 3 in Feb, so does anyone have an opinion on ages, do you think DD is too young for one?
jill_wv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We got the Leappad for DS/8 and DD/4 for Christmas last year. They both still work great and they love them. I bought velcro to put on the backs and in the cases so they can stay in the case while playing most of time. DD loves the camera and video recorder on it. The batteries seem to last ok, not great, they get weeks of playtime with fresh batteries but don't play every day. We really need to get rechargeable batteries. They both have been dropped and no issues. DS had the explorer first and we had screen issues after about a year. We're going to get some new games for them for christmas and the pink purse case for DD
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
kiwi87
Registered Users

LeapPad2 if the camera is really important to you. If you don't care about the camera, I think the Innotab2 is better.
kiwi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi87 View Post
LeapPad2 if the camera is really important to you. If you don't care about the camera, I think the Innotab2 is better.

I don't know much about either.. but, all the little kids I know would LOVE a camera.

Also, consider an Ipod touch. Maybe a refurbished one?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
mekat
Registered Users

My son has an Ipad. I considered the kiddie versions but honestly didn't like their limited features, not to mention the small screen sizes. My son goes through spurts of interest but thankfully since it is a full fledged tablet I can make use of it when he doesn't want to play with it. I originally intended it to only be for him but really I use it way more then he does however he always has dibs and if he wants it he gets first crack at it.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote