Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #131
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmightyme

Just basic stockinette beanies. I haven't tried anything else yet. I'm very new to this.
That's cool! Gotta start somewhere, right??

Advertisement

Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #132
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL Oct 7-13 *Knit the funk away!*

Drive by question. Can i block with stuff from around the house? I don't have a kit, but this shawl is in obvious need of blockage! So I'm going to finish up these last couple ends, and hopefully someone can tell me if its possible to use sewing pins and carpet
Old 10-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #133
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

do you have foam letter square thingys I use those. Or I use a towel set ontop of the dryer (just because its an undisturbed spot in the house). And make sure your pins dont rust ... Someone had that issue before
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #134
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No foam things. But my craft room is completely available and the door can be shut.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #135
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post
No foam things. But my craft room is completely available and the door can be shut.
then go for it Place a towel down on the floor...to soak up the majority of the water. And pin away
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #136
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
Okay, I'm back with pics. First is the Vintage Sweet hat I made for a birthday present for a stb 13yo girl. I made this hat in about 6 hours. It was a fun, fast knit. I don't like the decreases. If I were to make it again, I would do less decreases at a time to make it taper nicely.

These are some yymn custom longies I'm making. The mama dyed the yarn herself to match the "vroom" fabric. They will have a 12 inch inseam.

Oh, and not quite a wip, although I *am* the only one that feeds her. Here was miss Alaina yesterday on game day!

the best kind of WIP!

Good morning! I didn't sleep well, I was up twice during the night with kidney pain and it's kind of freaking me out. Pixie was up early and sometimes she'll go back to sleep, but she pooped sometime overnight so that was out. I need to block these longies today and get an i-cord done, very very happy to be so close to done with these.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #137
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
On the decreases of the hh finally!
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #138
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Love the fos/wips/baby Carolyn!

Here's mine, all done! Haven't decided whether to leave it natural or dye with tea. There must be some tea I have that I don't like
Old 10-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #139
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

[QUOTE=Scaethach;15782810]Knit RB a red heart santa suit?

For MadTosh - I like it, don't love it. I like my own semi solids though, so it's hard for me to pay $20 a skein vs. $6 for bare, kwim? QUOTE]

please do make one of those!

where do you get your yarn? I know of wool2dye and the cat one..the name escapes me right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
I actually donated 2 trash bags full of non-wool yarns I'd accrued over the years to a home for teens with mental problems, they love learning crafts I guess. I mentioned to a lady that volunteered there that I had mountains of yarn I didn't know what the heck to do with and she was like jumping up and down excited cause the kids would love it. I threw in tons of single point knitting needles etc. too, cause I can't remember the last time I used those...
I knit a bit on super long straights over the weekend for DD...so annoying..the ends kept hitting the arms of the chair I was in. she has all my staights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
Life is too short for crap yarn.

Quote:
And onto important stuff from the walking dead...

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/21708...el-apple-crisp
nice way to break the tension

Quote:
It's about to go in the oven.
I sure hope it was topped w/vanilla ice cream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
if you have concerns please pm admin, like you have been asked. She was responding to the post that you flagged in here not coops
how do you flag a post?

Quote:
I need some salted caramel dip for these honeycrisps. Obviously.

Binding off longies!
mmm, carmel and apples, yum! (way larger carmel to apple ratio though )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe View Post
Oh, and I think my boys are starting to look a little less alike. Here they are at similar ages in the same outfit.

#1 Novemberish 2009

#2 Taken yesterday - See the "evil" in this one's eyes And yes that is a horribly ugly flowered couch DH was gifted, but it makes a nice trampoline apparently no matter how many times you say "Go use the real tramopline right behind it"
so cute! nah, couch is MUCH better than a real trampoline, come on Mom!

Quote:
My caramel didn't turn out, I'm not sure but I think it's the darn costco butter. The stuff never acts right at high temperatures Pi still liked it on apples but it's super runny and didn't set right. I thought we were all done with our costco butter but DH found some in the freezer and that was what was thawed. Sigh.
no more costo butter. I've never had a problem w/butter. I just buy the cheapest unsalted they have. Walmarts is usually cheapest, so that's what I have most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808mamaof2 View Post
lol. I'll raise you a finished leg in a minute. ha! . Littlest boy is playing with stickers pretending theyre bandaids. Apparently I have a lot of ouchies and my arms are covered with stickers. Weirdest feeling to have while
Z but a fake bandaid on my arm this morning...it was like a dangle bracelt..for my boo boo's. Takin care of mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellybellybuttons View Post

Working on getting my button shop going again, I really miss doing them. My shoulder has been out but feeling better and I am in therapy, so I am ready to get up and running again.

If any of you ladies want/need some solid buttons lmk I will do them FFS for you. ;0)

Is it spam if they are free? I don't like spam much either but free is good.
Only to the ladies who have posted in this thread previously please.

Have a wonderful morning ladies.
How sweet of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
Okay, I'm back with pics. First is the Vintage Sweet hat I made for a birthday present for a stb 13yo girl. I made this hat in about 6 hours. It was a fun, fast knit. I don't like the decreases. If I were to make it again, I would do less decreases at a time to make it taper nicely.

These are some yymn custom longies I'm making. The mama dyed the yarn herself to match the "vroom" fabric. They will have a 12 inch inseam.

Oh, and not quite a wip, although I *am* the only one that feeds her. Here was miss Alaina yesterday on game day!

Love them all! Last is by far the best WIP though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylasMommy View Post
Anyone mind if I jump in? Over the next few months I will be knitting for a newb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
after school I'm going to try to convince them to go to JA's to pick up fabric for their costumes. Lets hope it works
hope it works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post
Drive by question. Can i block with stuff from around the house? I don't have a kit, but this shawl is in obvious need of blockage! So I'm going to finish up these last couple ends, and hopefully someone can tell me if its possible to use sewing pins and carpet
yes..whatever you have, use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081 View Post
On the decreases of the hh finally!
finally!!

I finished my TAS hat this morning. DH left w/o letting me take pix of it on him though, he helped me move the boys room around for his lunch break. The boys were sleeping in the same twin bed since neither wanted to sleep on the top bunk, so I unbunked them for now. Room is more crowed but at least they will have more room.

pic of hat in a sec...not that exciting. I'll see if DS will let me jazz it up by wearing it
Old 10-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #140
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn
Good morning ladies! Oh yeah, I'm just getting up at 8:40! That's sleeping in around here. I'm going to ready breakfast and then be back with pics like I promised last night.

Yes you were up way too late! I didn't get your txt till 4am. I was
Ooh for sleeping in My boys woke at 7AM which is sleeping in for them, lol.

I need to get going and start breakfast soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellybellybuttons
Carolyn, hope you have a better next few days.
Mel, hope you get a phone soon so we can text too.
Fi, I will be your texting buddy till Mel gets her new phone ;0)
pho noodles what are those? I love noodles.
Sorry Carolyn, I didn't realize how late it was when I sent it.
Morning Katie

sorry if I missed anyone

Working on getting my button shop going again, I really miss doing them. My shoulder has been out but feeling better and I am in therapy, so I am ready to get up and running again.

If any of you ladies want/need some solid buttons lmk I will do them FFS for you. ;0)

Is it spam if they are free? I don't like spam much either but free is good.
Only to the ladies who have posted in this thread previously please.

Have a wonderful morning ladies.
Pho (pronounce 'fa') are vietnamese rice noodles. Theyre yummy and served in a beef broth with veggies. I love to add hoisin and siracha (hot sauces).

LOVE your buttons! Got so many compliments on the purple sleeper I knit. I'll put in an order for buttons as I figure out what I'm knitting for baby. I was going to do the tessa buy, but I can't figure out my projects that far in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081
getting ready to go to the store. anybody know if Krogers has naan bread? I hope so because I don't want to have to go to Walmart too...
No idea, but Costco does

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylasMommy
Anyone mind if I jump in? Over the next few months I will be knitting for a newb!

I would love some company!
Welcome! I'm due in Feb. and working on newbie items as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl
I use a thick towel and rust proof pins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach

the best kind of WIP!

Good morning! I didn't sleep well, I was up twice during the night with kidney pain and it's kind of freaking me out. Pixie was up early and sometimes she'll go back to sleep, but she pooped sometime overnight so that was out. I need to block these longies today and get an i-cord done, very very happy to be so close to done with these.
Hope you get a nice nap today and your kidney pain resolves. A momma on my ddc has kidney stones which doesnt sound like much fun pregnant.

AFM: Off to start breakfast and excited to buy a schatch drop spindle today. Hope to work on my linen stitch second leg, but my carpal tunnel is acting up today. Hope my brace does the trick even with numb fingers.