Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #21
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Foods on the no-no list during pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
You know what, when you have a hard time either keeping food down or getting hungry enough to eat much, I say go for what strikes you.
Which is exactly what I've been doing. Hubby doesn't understand why I keep going for the same foods most of the time. Well... because I keep them down. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches being one of them. I complain about having to force myself to eat them, lol, but they are one of the only things I've consistently held down through the last month.

Taco Bell sure did hit the spot. Hopefully it stays in that spot, because it will NOT taste that good coming back up. :/

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #22
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my second pregnancy I ate PBJ sandwhiches for a month straight, maybe even longer. That is just what I could eat most days. Yeah I don't think Taco Bell will feel too good coming up, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it stays down.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #23
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I don't really change my diet either. I heat my lunchmeat, but that's about it.

Of course, pregnancy changes my diet because grilled chicken is now nasty and I can't stand salmon and a few things like that.

ETA: oh and coffee.
I cut out coffee while TTC DD and this baby does not like coffee, so it was cut out at about 6 weeks.

Last edited by EmilytheStrange; 10-03-2012 at 09:19 AM.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #24
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

I ate everything while pregnant, including sushi (raw) and sandwich meat (though I usually microwaved it for a few seconds). There was a large listeria outbreak linked to canteloupe a few months ago, just saying sometimes you really can't know what foods are safe. I know most moms don't take any chances, I just am not like that. I also drank a glass of red wine once a week while pregnant, though I always had it with a large dinner (usually consisting of rare steak, lol). I don't think I avoided anything, except maybe a lot of mercury, but I tend to prefer low mercury seafood anyway like trout or mussels. I also didn't pay much attention to whether cheese was pasteurized, if it was made fresh locally that was more important to me. No flames please, I'm not saying everyone else should do what I do.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #25
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
Which is exactly what I've been doing. Hubby doesn't understand why I keep going for the same foods most of the time. Well... because I keep them down. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches being one of them. I complain about having to force myself to eat them, lol, but they are one of the only things I've consistently held down through the last month.

Taco Bell sure did hit the spot. Hopefully it stays in that spot, because it will NOT taste that good coming back up. :/
I ate honey nut Cheerios at least twice a day when pregnant. I do no even like cereal! But it's the only thing that seemed to calm my stomach, and it was so cold and crunchy, mmmm. Eat what makes your body happy, or at least not violently ill.

Good luck with the Taco Bell!
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #26
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I didn't change my diet much when pregnant. The only thing Isis was stop drinking as much caffeine. I allowed myself a can of soda a day.
dncegrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #27
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I cut back on caffeine and that was about it. I agree everything in moderation pregnant or not! I did a wine tasting when I was noticeable pregnant and people were gawking DH and I just chuckled.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #28
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
I dont avoid anything. Now I dont go and eat 6 cans of tuna with a sushi slider and wine chaser either but...

I dont heat lunch meat, have 2 cups of coffee a day, an occasional soda, I eat mid well meats, veggies etc. so long as its balanced as best you can I dont think it matters.

I suffer from severe Hg from 5-20 weeks usually and sometimes can only drink koolaid and eat ramen but its all I can stomach to throw back up. Then once the Hg is gone I try to eat good proteins and some high calorie junk to catch up (usually ice cream nightly, lol)
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #29
jenbengtson
Registered Users

My Mood:

i eat what I want...I never eat raw meat so i guess that one is easy to avoid
Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #30
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc View Post
I ate everything while pregnant, including sushi (raw) and sandwich meat (though I usually microwaved it for a few seconds). There was a large listeria outbreak linked to canteloupe a few months ago, just saying sometimes you really can't know what foods are safe. I know most moms don't take any chances, I just am not like that. I also drank a glass of red wine once a week while pregnant, though I always had it with a large dinner (usually consisting of rare steak, lol). I don't think I avoided anything, except maybe a lot of mercury, but I tend to prefer low mercury seafood anyway like trout or mussels. I also didn't pay much attention to whether cheese was pasteurized, if it was made fresh locally that was more important to me. No flames please, I'm not saying everyone else should do what I do.
hehe. I think we'd get a long really well. I taught a baby care class and one of the moms heard me mention raw milk. She pulled me aside afterwards and asked me if I had had raw milk throughout my pregnancy. I told her yes and found out that we actually use the same farmer, lol. She had been afraid to tell the midwife because she didn't know how she'd react! But I filled out the diet survey that the midwife asked me to and made it clear that raw milk, sushi, and raw egg yolks are a steady source of nutrition for me. She just commended me for staying away from processed foods, and that was the end of that.

And seriously that whole "no ceasar dressing" thing is way outdated. Really, how many resaurants make their own dressing? Tell me where they are so that I can eat there!