Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #11
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 7th-13th

Mmmmmm turkey with gravy and mashed tators, sweet tator casserole.
Yummmmy and im not a fan of protein these days.

Tummy troubles right now:/ I just wanna be regular!!!!

Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #12
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson View Post
man i have been so busy, we bought a new house so we have been painting and moving, and then we leave for vacation in 3 days....no time for resting.
about sums up how I feel just reading that!!! Have a fun vacation, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I'm getting nervous about not feeling kicks yet, but I just had a checkup yesterday and the heartbeat was good. I'm trying not to stress, but it's hard since my 1st pregnancy was a little traumatic.
It is TOTALLY normal not to feel anything yet! Really, honestly, don't worry about it!
I didn't feel my first until 18wks or so, and didn't feel my 2nd until 13-14wks, and that was still really early. It's like that you will feel baby a bit earlier than the first time, maybe a week or 2, just cuz you all ready know how it feels, but there's SO much time left.

And, yes, I know how ridiculous that may sound coming from me. I get that, lol. I have obsessed over movement this time (and last time), but it's because of everything with Elli.

for you feeling some bumping this week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
Right, he's not alone - I guess if that's how it sounded, I didn't phrase it correctly. It's just that without my faith, I would have nowhere to really turn for TRUE peace and comfort. He is definitely lacking that and I can tell. He can't rest in knowing that there is a plan to prosper us, not to harm us, a plan that gives us hope and a future... Kwim? And he is carrying a lot of guilt about this stuff. He still feels guilty about a 15 yo boy they lost in the spring.

I just know he would find a lot of solace and healing in a real, deep relationship with Christ, but he's a little stubborn. I'm just afraid of what it's going to take for him to finally seek out God. Sometimes you (general) have to be brought to the lowest of low circumstances to realize you can't do life alone. I don't want to watch that happen.

Okay, sorry for rambling so off-topic! I'm done!
No, I get it. I see where you're coming from. I just wanted to point out (not even necessarily to you, but in general) that it's not only non-christians who feel that way.

And, heck, that's not off-topic!!! That's what the chat thread is all about and for - chatting about anything and everything that's happening in our day-to-day lives!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
I'm not quite to the second trimester yet, but I am so not feeling better. It's really taking a toll on my household. Just hoping it gets better soon. Really soon. I'm happy for those of you who are in the feeling good second trimester! I can't wait for my midwife appt this week to listen for the heartbeat
Man, I kwym. I'm really hoping for an easy 2nd trimester for us mamas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Got out the Doppler tonight - got it at 143

Oh that really was good money spent.
That's wonderful!!!
How are you feeling the past couple days? Any less sick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611 View Post
Happy thanksgiving to all the Canadian ladies im planning to stuff myself full of turkey tomorrow, nauseated or not lol.
Me too!!!!!! But, today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
Ugh. My stepson went back to his moms this afternoon, so we did turkey yesterday... And my MIL invited herself over, so I had to pretend to be okay with choking down the turkey while I wanted nothing to do with it. Not enjoyable! Lol the pie made up for it!
Today though, I can't eat again. Hoping it's just a bad day and tomorrow is better!
pumpkin pie! I can't wait!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Mmmmmm turkey with gravy and mashed tators, sweet tator casserole.
Yummmmy and im not a fan of protein these days.

Tummy troubles right now:/ I just wanna be regular!!!!
Oh nuts. That sucks.

AFM: I'm so darn tired! I think we all are - none of the kids woke up before 8:30 this morning and they usually start getting up at 7!
We're going to my in laws this afternoon for turkey dinner, and I'm for no more headache - I had one start Saturday afternoon and it didn't let up until early this morning. Yuck. Hate headaches.

I've got loads of laundry to catch up on after being away pretty much all weekend, and I told the kids I'd make pancakes for breakfast - better get on that!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #13
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am so jealous of all the thanksgiving mamas!! I can not wait--we have another month. I want pie and stuffing and cranberry sauce YUM YUM YUM!!!!

As for doppler--I am not sure I would be able to find anything. When the Dr does it I have no idea if it is me or if it is baby. I know there is a difference on how fast hb is compared to mine but I am honestly horrible with any elctronical devices. I think I would need to hire someone to do it for me if I bought a doppler.

AFM--morning sickness for me is not throwing up. Not be gross and sorry for tmi but food just goes right through me. I can not wait until everything is back to normal.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #14
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

I didn't manage to keep anything I ate down yesterday. I feel like morning sickness is getting worse. Hopefully, it will magically go away next week when I hit the 2nd trimester lol.

We close on our new house tomorrow. I am so excited and ready to be done with it. I will be moving in about 3 weeks, but dh won't until the end of the year. We are going to do a 4d ultrasound at week 14+4 so that he can get a peek at baby and maybe be able to get a guess at gender. I'd rather find out with him there so we can share in the moment.

Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #15
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
Oh, and I got the doppler out again today so DH could hear the heartbeat since he was at the station last night. He was all grins and then when I was done, said "okay, that is your limit for the week!" Silly
Aww!! I love hearing the heartbeat. It is so beautiful and reassuring.

Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #16
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
It is TOTALLY normal not to feel anything yet! Really, honestly, don't worry about it!
I didn't feel my first until 18wks or so, and didn't feel my 2nd until 13-14wks, and that was still really early. It's like that you will feel baby a bit earlier than the first time, maybe a week or 2, just cuz you all ready know how it feels, but there's SO much time left.

And, yes, I know how ridiculous that may sound coming from me. I get that, lol. I have obsessed over movement this time (and last time), but it's because of everything with Elli.

for you feeling some bumping this week!!
I know I'm probably stressing over nothing (it's kinda my style ), but I did feel my 2nd around this time. And since I have lost a baby I always think the worst, which probably doesn't help... I'm just trying to be patient!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #17
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

ooh.. Thanksgiving! I hope I can eat normally by then - I love thanksgiving foods

still feeling cruddy here. Waves of nausea, etc. But have only actually gotten sick that once.

for us - we started 3day potty training today. It's not really doing anything. Cause she's not drinking a lot of liquids. Maybe I should pump her full of them? but last time I did that, she peed on the floor 12times in 2 hours and I was an irritable mess. I figured I'd just try to have a normal day and see if we survived.

anyways.. that's the plan at this house
Old 10-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #18
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
As for doppler--I am not sure I would be able to find anything. When the Dr does it I have no idea if it is me or if it is baby. I know there is a difference on how fast hb is compared to mine but I am honestly horrible with any elctronical devices. I think I would need to hire someone to do it for me if I bought a doppler.

AFM--morning sickness for me is not throwing up. Not be gross and sorry for tmi but food just goes right through me. I can not wait until everything is back to normal.
Baby's heartrate would be 120+, yours would be... considerably lower, I hope! Normal adult heartrate is 70-80 beats per minute.

for the m/s - however it hits you. I hope we're all feeling back to normal (with that glowy 2nd trimester wonderful-ness!) by halloween!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010 View Post
I didn't manage to keep anything I ate down yesterday. I feel like morning sickness is getting worse. Hopefully, it will magically go away next week when I hit the 2nd trimester lol.

We close on our new house tomorrow. I am so excited and ready to be done with it. I will be moving in about 3 weeks, but dh won't until the end of the year. We are going to do a 4d ultrasound at week 14+4 so that he can get a peek at baby and maybe be able to get a guess at gender. I'd rather find out with him there so we can share in the moment.
for a fun peek at that u/s for you guys!
and for you too. puking sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I know I'm probably stressing over nothing (it's kinda my style ), but I did feel my 2nd around this time. And since I have lost a baby I always think the worst, which probably doesn't help... I'm just trying to be patient!!
Oh mama, I totally understand.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #19
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey ladies. Glad things are moving along for everyone. I has my first OB appt last Monday and I love my dr got to hear the heartbeat which was great and he sent me for labs and u/s. I didn't care too much about a u/s but dh was wih me and he really enjoyed it so that was good. My dr doesn't do any genetic testing with lab work. Just the HIV/rpr/ whatever else and titers for a bunch of other stuff since I am an ER nurse and exposed to everything!! So yay for that. Otherwise, just moving along and eating plenty of red meat and freah fruit. It's so funny how each baby makes you want different foods. Some of them are things I don't ever normally eat and it's like I have no control over these cravings!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #20
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie View Post
Hey ladies. Glad things are moving along for everyone. I has my first OB appt last Monday and I love my dr got to hear the heartbeat which was great and he sent me for labs and u/s. I didn't care too much about a u/s but dh was wih me and he really enjoyed it so that was good. My dr doesn't do any genetic testing with lab work. Just the HIV/rpr/ whatever else and titers for a bunch of other stuff since I am an ER nurse and exposed to everything!! So yay for that. Otherwise, just moving along and eating plenty of red meat and freah fruit. It's so funny how each baby makes you want different foods. Some of them are things I don't ever normally eat and it's like I have no control over these cravings!
Yeah for the great appt and Dr.

With my 1st I craved hamburgers (and ate them) I was a red-meat veg at the time and everyone would just look at me in shock!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote