Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #21
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: tell me your pro's and cons!

My husband and I don't get the flu shot or give it to any of our children. We follow a delayed vaccination schedule, otherwise. We don't feel that the flu shot is a necessary vaccine for healthy people. The times I had to get the flu shot(while in the military), those years I got the flu.

Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #22
TinyHineyDiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DottieHarley
The flu shot is totally voluntary (at least here it is... I don't THINK any states mandate it?). Our super-vax pedi pushes it but I just smile and say "I need to discuss with DH" and then we never make an appt for it."
DH and I have never had flu shots, even while pg. DD has not had flu shots (could have gotten last winter, and this year). While I have no issue with the regular regime of vaxing, this one just gets me. It seems pointless, the side effects are so common and I'm too lazy to deal with them lol, and we are all in very good health.
Now, if someone in my house had a compromised immune system, or other extenuating circumstance, that would be a different story.
I'm in CT and my boys are required to have it yearly for school and daycare. They just started requiring it last year.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #23
Rockinmama24
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyHineyDiapers

I'm in CT and my boys are required to have it yearly for school and daycare. They just started requiring it last year.
I am in CT & it is not mandatory in my school district.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #24
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: tell me your pro's and cons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNotes View Post
That is not right.

Did you end up getting every shot? I would report this health department. Sorry you had to go through that.
I did end up getting every single shot. My mom was with me and was also telling me things like, "She could DIE! Do you really want your baby to DIE b/c you don't want to stick her with a few needles?! How could you do that to your CHILD?!"

I did not contact anyone over it. At the time I felt like I wanted to crawl into a deep, dark hole and die.

Anyway, that was 3 yrs ago and I decided at that moment I would not vax unless I felt comfortable with it. I did go on to get my DS his first 2 rounds of vaxes, minus a few I declined. But after that I just completely stopped, partly b/c I could not find a pediatrician willing to discuss them with me to help me feel comfortable with them, and partly b/c I just don't feel they are completely necessary, and are full of chemicals and crap.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote