Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Stock-town, CA
Posts: 349
My Mood:
Sometimes I feel...

Like a giant diaper with all the peeing that happens on me! Anyone else feeling this way? I think I have to revisit observing my DS3's behaviors before going pee-pee; really hard to catch it in time!

Advertisement

strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
Mom2jandb's Avatar
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,963
You are in good company! I've been peed on a lot in the last week because we've been "off" for whatever reason. I haven't done this much laundry in a while! It's a good thing I can just shrug it off. DH on the other hand... Remember to keep it low-stress, especially in these times
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Stock-town, CA
Posts: 349
My Mood:
Re: Sometimes I feel...

Thanks, for the encouragement. I needed that reminder to not to get stressed out about reading all his poop and pee signals right all the time!
strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #4
waterisntsomething's Avatar
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,618
My Mood:
Re: Sometimes I feel...

I kind of gave up b/c of that constant worry an I wish I hadn't! Now I don't catch any pees for the most part but catch most poops. I'm starting to get back into EC a little more but I so wish I had stuck with it the whole time. I totally agree with pp's that soemtimes the two fo you just wont be on the same wavelength.
__________________
Hilary, loving Charles, mama to Charlie 1-21-12 on the way in December!
Sweet Bunny Upcycled woolies available on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetbunnywool
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
Mom2jandb's Avatar
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething
I kind of gave up b/c of that constant worry an I wish I hadn't! Now I don't catch any pees for the most part but catch most poops. I'm starting to get back into EC a little more but I so wish I had stuck with it the whole time. I totally agree with pp's that soemtimes the two fo you just wont be on the same wavelength.
Hey, that is awesome that you catch most poops and are getting back into it. Potty poops are SO much more clean for LOs than diaper poops. Better for baby and less mess for mom. Good times all around! And your DS will know what the potty is for which puts you ahead of the game.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
Mom2jandb's Avatar
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongwoman
Thanks, for the encouragement. I needed that reminder to not to get stressed out about reading all his poop and pee signals right all the time!
Thanks for starting this thread! I've been really disappointed in myself the last week or so, but it helps to be reminded other mamas are in this boat with me. It will all come together sooner or later as long as we keep at it.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #7
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Stock-town, CA
Posts: 349
My Mood:
Re: Sometimes I feel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2jandb View Post
Thanks for starting this thread! I've been really disappointed in myself the last week or so, but it helps to be reminded other mamas are in this boat with me. It will all come together sooner or later as long as we keep at it.
Yup! Just got to keep trying! I also find that its helpful to hear other people's successes and failures, especially since there are no EC-ers in my area.
strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
oldmomma
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Re: Sometimes I feel...

I feel like DH and I aren't even on the same wavelength when it comes to EC. My DS2 goes every time you put her on the potty but you have to actually put her on it every 30 minutes. We are working on the potty sign language. The other day I hear all this frustrated loud noise coming from the basement living room then the carpet cleaner going. Then a yell from DH, "I am putting her in a diaper. This is not working. The kid is peeing all over." Well, did you put her on the potty. So then I second guess myself about EC. She is so close, you know.
oldmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Stock-town, CA
Posts: 349
My Mood:
Re: Sometimes I feel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmomma View Post
I feel like DH and I aren't even on the same wavelength when it comes to EC. My DS2 goes every time you put her on the potty but you have to actually put her on it every 30 minutes. We are working on the potty sign language. The other day I hear all this frustrated loud noise coming from the basement living room then the carpet cleaner going. Then a yell from DH, "I am putting her in a diaper. This is not working. The kid is peeing all over." Well, did you put her on the potty. So then I second guess myself about EC. She is so close, you know.
I know how frustrating it can be with the hubster. Mine has slowly warmed up to it. I think once he catches a poop he might see the value in doing EC, especially when he sees me do less diaper laundry. Keep at it! Sounds like she is doing well despite the little set backs. I'm still just a newbie, but I get him on the potty as often as possible and I try not to get frustrated when he just looks at me and smiles without any pee or poop happening. And then two minutes later he goes pee when I have him on nakie time! Are there other EC-ers or CD-ers near you? Maybe you could get more support from other mamas who are nearby. Don't give up!
strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #10
Mom2jandb's Avatar
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmomma
I feel like DH and I aren't even on the same wavelength when it comes to EC. My DS2 goes every time you put her on the potty but you have to actually put her on it every 30 minutes. We are working on the potty sign language. The other day I hear all this frustrated loud noise coming from the basement living room then the carpet cleaner going. Then a yell from DH, "I am putting her in a diaper. This is not working. The kid is peeing all over." Well, did you put her on the potty. So then I second guess myself about EC. She is so close, you know.
No reason to second guess yourself! My DH sounds similar to yours. I wish he would get with the program. Got pee on your shorts? Quit whining to me and go change them. Set her on a prefold or take her to the potty next time. But even when we did diapers he would just wait for me to change them. If it wasn't for this great online community, I would feel alone in my EC journey!
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.