Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #61
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O Mamas that circed, do you feel judged?

I've found that I am judged on DS for 99% of the things I do A LOT but not so much IRL...As to my boy's genital's, it's no ones business.

Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #62
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
I think feeling judged and feeling guilty are two totally different things that are easily conflated in parenting.
Very well said as usual
Old 10-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #63
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I circ'ed my oldest...I don't feel judged by others, but I do judge myself...
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #64
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

We're Jewish so getting circumcised is part of our religion/heritage. There was never a question for me. We'll be having a bris for this boy and it will be a party
Old 10-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #65
brookglen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van1300 View Post
We're Jewish so getting circumcised is part of our religion/heritage. There was never a question for me. We'll be having a bris for this boy and it will be a party
Same. I could care less what people on the Internet think about my parenting choices, and personally I'm rather turned off by the climate and tone of the intactivist movement. But my family's faith is important enough to me that any sons I have will be circumcised. And no, I would never allow myself to feel shame or judgement for doing so.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #66
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids View Post
While we have had sitters and friends and family have changed diapers for us over the years, I cannot recall ever once having a discussion with anyone regarding the status of my sons' foreskins.
this exactly. IRL it has never come up as a topic of conversation between friends and/or family.

Only here on DS is it a hot topic that everyone has an opinion on.

The choice DH and I make regarding our boys' private parts are private and will stay that way.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #67
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here, yes. I went looking for info when I was pregnant and was absolutely disgusted at some people's comments here. It never, ever comes up IRL.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #68
kai_e
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Reading the original thread, I get the impression that is commonplace to know the state of family members and close friends genitals.

Seriously, I have a father, 3 brothers, 3 nephews and 8 uncles and I could not tell you a darn thing about their penises. I must live in some weird bubble of Victorian-era prudishness where one's privates are not a topic of regular, frank discussion.
kai_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #69
Jedimomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've definitely felt judged over it! I'm fairly new here, so haven't been in on any debates over it yet, but things have gotten pretty heated on certain facebook threads. I let my husband make the decision because I don't have the goods and he does, so that makes sense to me. He did the research and did what he thought best and that was/is totally ok with me. But for some reason I've been called nasty names, had my parenting skills questioned and been sarcastically called "mother of the year" simply because of my sons penis. Seems really weird to me... I understand why some feel very passionately about it, but I'm not sure why that makes it okay to demean others who don't share the same opinions or those who were simply not well informed when they made the decision. Again, I'm not talking about here but I've certainly dealt with it elsewhere.

I love TRADES!
Jedimomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #70
Jedimomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just read some pps. True... It does not come up irl. Ever. The only reason it came up at all is that I was looking for info when I got pregnant again. Ended up totally disgusted with everyone! Lol then I had a girl anyway, so it didn't even matter.

I love TRADES!
Jedimomma is offline   Reply With Quote