Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #11
Msheidiann's Avatar
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 1,014
My Mood:
Re: OCTOBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymommy View Post
At six months we (not sure if it's actually my husband and I or our agency) will have to petition the court to terminate her rights based on abandonment. However, I've heard that then you can finalize the adoption right at that time instead of waiting six more months from when she signs. So, say she signs next week. Then we have to wait six more months which would be until baby is nine months old before setting a court date to finalize.
Ok gotcha. 6 month appeal periods stink. That's what we are waiting on to finalize. 24 more days!

Hang in there!

Advertisement

__________________
SAHM and Wife to Matthew
Forever Mommy to Thomas
Msheidiann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #12
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,506
Re: OCTOBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

Our home study is done!We will be licensed in 1-3 weeks. We had initially said just boys, but in the end we said yes to either sex. YIKES!

We are moving in a month & DH & I are hoping to get a little trip in by ourselves before we get a placement. We have never spent a single night alone since our wedding night too many years ago, so we need to remedy that before we add another baby into the mix!
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #13
jenfostermom's Avatar
jenfostermom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 753
My Mood:
Re: OCTOBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

Just had a whirlwind foster week -I kept meaning to hop on and type an update but it was crazy cakes so I never did.

Last Friday night at 10pm, I got a call from the after hours placement worker with a placement of a 2 month old baby girl and her almost 4 year old sister who was an inpatient at the hospital with suspected parental abuse (a broken bone). We really only had one opening, but since we still have an exception in place from our last sib set, we could take them. I hestitated for about a half a second, but decided to take them and see how it goes. We currently have two boys the age of the 4 year old and they have historically not done well with placements around the same age, but DH wasn't home and honestly the allure of the teeny tiny squishy was too much to resist.

So I went to the hospital, met bio parents and picked up baby. Saturday 4yr old was released and I picked her up as well. Baby was suuuuuupppppeeerrrrr fussy. She was on special formula and still seemed uncomfortable, I'm guessing reflux but we never got that far. I had appointments with them every day this past week - it was crazy. Four doctor appts, one with child advocacy, the SW, etc. The days just flew by. My whole fam had a great time snuggling with the 9lb little one.

Thursday at court the judge ordered them back with mom, she was in a safe place and lots of services in place. So back to "just my seven" kids. Sigh. Seems quiet. I know, sounds weird but it does.

We still have little G. She's 20 mos and an absolute joy. She really fits in with my kiddos and family, and it's a good thing since it looks like she may be a preadoptive placement. Bios just aren't cooperative with DCFS so far. We have had her 3mos.

So, now I wait for another squishie. I love this life.
__________________
Beloved daughter of the King of Kings, married to DH for 15 years SAHM mom to DS 14, DS 12, DD 10, DD 8, DS 5, DS 4, DFD 2, and DFD 6 mos Hopeful to adopt both DFDs before the end of 2013!
jenfostermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #14
Beth.
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 812
My Mood:
Re: OCTOBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

.
__________________
Mom to two beautiful girls

Last edited by Beth.; 12-03-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Beth. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #15
kaylajo88's Avatar
kaylajo88
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 65
Re: OCTOBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

We start our home study on Wednesday, it was supposed to be last sunday but our worker was sick. Thats about all for now!
kaylajo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #16
sparkly_vagabond's Avatar
sparkly_vagabond
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Alaskan Bush
Posts: 758
Re: OCTOBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

Oh! Our internet keeps dropping my like a hot potato! I'll try an update one more time... sorry if it eventually shows up more than once!

We have been waiting nearly 5 months for our referral and I think I might be going mad! The wait is so tough. I have picked up extra hours at the school, have been working at the PO, have been working on opening an etsy shop, and we are working on a wordpress site to hold our adoption auction fundraiser. I have no time and am so busy... I have no idea how I can still think about this adoption constantly. I am so unfocused! Any ideas on how to make the wait easier for awhile?

I mentioned we are working on a wordpress site for the auction... I just added the last item a few hours ago. Item #90!! We are going to share the link Wednesday morning and the bidding will close Saturday night. Any of you want to donate? I'd be happy to repay/trade you with an item from our etsy shop for anyone doing an auction too... or just for the heck of it. The shop should be open tomorrow or Tuesday! YAY! If you are interested PM me we have a fb event page for it and I can share the link with you.

Loved reading everyone's updates and seeing some new faces!
__________________
Eight Arctic Elephants--Our adoption blog
sparkly_vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #17
sparkly_vagabond's Avatar
sparkly_vagabond
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Alaskan Bush
Posts: 758
Re: OCTOBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

Double post.
__________________
Eight Arctic Elephants--Our adoption blog

Last edited by sparkly_vagabond; 10-08-2012 at 12:15 PM.
sparkly_vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #18
WynneBabies's Avatar
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 6,545
My Mood:
Re: OCTOBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

So interesting how things can quickly change. Our unknown dad has changed to one of many but one in particular is soon going to be tested and his mom is interested in dfd if he is the dad. That's a lot of ifs about the situation, but instead this is now going to take awhile so it looks more like she'll go to a dad or a dad's relative or be adopted by us when this is over with. If they were moving faster, I think they'd be looking at out of state siblings, but since it's not, I don't think (never say never, of course) they will. If anything, this will drag on for awhile unless this potential dad hurries on the test, is the dad and his mom can pass the homestudy.
__________________
A SAHM to four long out of diapers (all used cloth for all or part of their diapering years) and a baby girl currently in cloth part time.
WynneBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #19
newmommy13's Avatar
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,750
Re: OCTOBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylajo88 View Post
We start our home study on Wednesday, it was supposed to be last sunday but our worker was sick. Thats about all for now!
yay for progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkly_vagabond View Post
Oh! Our internet keeps dropping my like a hot potato! I'll try an update one more time... sorry if it eventually shows up more than once!

We have been waiting nearly 5 months for our referral and I think I might be going mad! The wait is so tough. I have picked up extra hours at the school, have been working at the PO, have been working on opening an etsy shop, and we are working on a wordpress site to hold our adoption auction fundraiser. I have no time and am so busy... I have no idea how I can still think about this adoption constantly. I am so unfocused! Any ideas on how to make the wait easier for awhile?

I mentioned we are working on a wordpress site for the auction... I just added the last item a few hours ago. Item #90!! We are going to share the link Wednesday morning and the bidding will close Saturday night. Any of you want to donate? I'd be happy to repay/trade you with an item from our etsy shop for anyone doing an auction too... or just for the heck of it. The shop should be open tomorrow or Tuesday! YAY! If you are interested PM me we have a fb event page for it and I can share the link with you.

Loved reading everyone's updates and seeing some new faces!
waiting is so hard! fingers crossed it will happen soon for you. love your blog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynneBabies View Post
So interesting how things can quickly change. Our unknown dad has changed to one of many but one in particular is soon going to be tested and his mom is interested in dfd if he is the dad. That's a lot of ifs about the situation, but instead this is now going to take awhile so it looks more like she'll go to a dad or a dad's relative or be adopted by us when this is over with. If they were moving faster, I think they'd be looking at out of state siblings, but since it's not, I don't think (never say never, of course) they will. If anything, this will drag on for awhile unless this potential dad hurries on the test, is the dad and his mom can pass the homestudy.
so how are you feeling about the new potential BD situation? are you bonding to baby and hoping that it will go to adoption?

we are having a very hard time bonding with our dfs. he is a really hard baby. i really, really hope dfs is RU eventually. I do not want to be faced with the question of adopting him because at this point i don't think we could. he is very needy and it is hard to get anything accomplished unless i put him down and then he screams. sonic wail style. sometimes he's not even crying, he's just screaming for no reason. he did this all.day.long today, i think there was a half hour where i wasn't holding him and he wasn't screaming. he screams whenever he sees food or drink even if he just ate. he screams for the next bite when he hasn't even swallowed yet. he barfs a lot, even on reflux meds. its better now that i can make sure he dosen't eat or drink a ton at once, and it really makes him wail when i can tell he's had enough and i have to stop him. i am looking forward to his 1 year check up next week to see what the pedi has to say about this. he doesn't get any dairy soy or beef, pretty much just chicken, turkey, pasta and rice and whatever veggies and fruits i can sneak in. its so hard. i want to love him. he is so cute and occasionally is very sweet. we just had a hard day today.
__________________
I, mama to dd A (3-08) dfs J (10/11) and in love with newbie dfd N! (10/13)
hopeful pre-adoptive foster family
newmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #20
WynneBabies's Avatar
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 6,545
My Mood:
Re: OCTOBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

I'm sorry, I. That age is hard! I had some of the same issues when we had our almost 1-year-old. She wouldn't let me put her down and cried a lot. Eating was really tough because one day she'd eat something and the next day not. It was a guessing game I often lost and wasted so much food. As for my current baby, we're definitely bonded to her. Shes been super easy though as there were no drug issues like my other newbies I've fostered. She eats and sleeps well. We're looking into a couple potential medical issues, but they may hopefully be nothing and we're just being proactive right now.

On the dad issue, I can't imagine any dad who would be with bmom would be able to successfully parent, but you never know. As for a grandma, well, we'll just have to see what happens.
__________________
A SAHM to four long out of diapers (all used cloth for all or part of their diapering years) and a baby girl currently in cloth part time.

Last edited by WynneBabies; 10-08-2012 at 07:32 PM.
WynneBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.