Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
Lammy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tide users

I have tried every single detergent out there to try and get rid of our stink issues in my son's diapers and I finally tried Tide and it works awesome!!! My only questions is this : If you have a FL HE machine and have a mixture of different diaper types ( pockets, inserts, fitteds, AIO's, microfiber, bamboo,cotton,hemp) how much Tide do you use and what is your wash routine like to make sure the diapers rinse clean?

Right now it is taking several rinses to get most of the suds out and even then there are still some left.

Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
traderbren
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Did you get the HE version? I use the recommended amount with no issues, but it has to be HE.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use HE tide with a tiny bit of sports wash to takes care of the suds. Works like a charm.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
Lammy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tide users

No I didn't. I accidentally grabbed the wrong type and until my husband gets paid I can't get the right type. Is it still okay to use it? I didn't even notice it didn't have the HE logo on it.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:

I sometimes use coscto brand and just don't put as much detergent; cold rinse before washing, then on very soiled. They get clean after that and don't get build up.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammy View Post
No I didn't. I accidentally grabbed the wrong type and until my husband gets paid I can't get the right type. Is it still okay to use it? I didn't even notice it didn't have the HE logo on it.
NO! Using non HE in an HE washer can break your washer! We made that mistake and trashed a washer in less than 1 bottle of non-HE soap. The repair man knew exactly what was wrong just by looking at it, and said he sees it a lot
Old 10-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
Lammy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I called my MIL ( she has a top loader) and she said she will go buy the HE version of Tide and we can just switch

Oh and I was curious about the fact that HE soap 'suds' less so I decided to throw some diapers in the wash WITHOUT any detergent- and yeah their are still suds everywhere. And I washed these diapers twice and rinsed 5 times already before I dried them thinking they were okay.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers

NO! Using non HE in an HE washer can break your washer! We made that mistake and trashed a washer in less than 1 bottle of non-HE soap. The repair man knew exactly what was wrong just by looking at it, and said he sees it a lot
THIS!!!! It took me days to fix the mess of putting non HE tide in the HE front loader. The residual detergent in the washer took a gallon of vinegar and a full day of empty cycles to clean. The diapers took forever to rinse and I ended up doing it by hand. The suds spilled out of the washer and it was awful. Whatever you do don't do this!!!!!! Learn from my messy messy messy mistake!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #9
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

I agree, do NOT use regular Tide in a front loader. The He version works much, much better. And you don't risk ruining your machine either by dealing with too many suds. I accidentally bought regular Tide and used it thinking it was He and I had to manually stop the cycle so many times and literally SCOOP OUT the suds and catch them in a big plastic bin, it was so full. Craziness. Rinsed the heck out of those diapers!

Sooo yeah...don't use it. And if you try just use a teaspoon of it or whatever, your diapers won't get clean enough.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #10
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammy
Eeeeek! Don't do another load unless you really want to buy a new washer!

To answer your original question, this is what we do:

Warm rinse or soak cycle - max rinse level, no spin, always warm (diapers can only get lukewarm, even in a hot wash, after a cold prewash/rinse because they are already saturated with cold water). 1/2 scoop of OxiClean if I've waited too long to do laundry or there are potential stains.

Hot wash - normal or heavy duty cycle depending on # of diapers - high soil level, max rinse level, normal spin, cold rinse. HE Tide to the 1 line.

Cold rinse and spin - normal rinse level, max spin.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote