Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #71
holly6737
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: S/O Mamas that circed, do you feel judged?

If my last two were circ'ed, I would feel judged. There are a lot of ridiculous comments on here about circ'ing.

Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #72
NiNi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly6737
If my last two were circ'ed, I would feel judged. There are a lot of ridiculous comments on here about circ'ing.
This. Very b

sent from my iPhone. excuse all typos
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #73
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai_e View Post
Reading the original thread, I get the impression that is commonplace to know the state of family members and close friends genitals.

Seriously, I have a father, 3 brothers, 3 nephews and 8 uncles and I could not tell you a darn thing about their penises. I must live in some weird bubble of Victorian-era prudishness where one's privates are not a topic of regular, frank discussion.
They only know b/c they change his diapers.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #74
magoose
Registered Users

I feel judged on here for sure, which is why I never ever comment on any circ thread. I did once, just to tell someone who was debating it that whatever she decided she shouldn't be made to feel guilty about it, and man, did I ever get it from that comment!!! Like others have said, my sons' genitals are no one else's business. I had them both circ'd and I stand by my decision because I believe my reasons for doing so are valid. Others may not think so, and that's fine. Why other people are concerned about other children's penises is beyond me.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #75
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendaRN View Post
I feel judged on here for sure, which is why I never ever comment on any circ thread. I did once, just to tell someone who was debating it that whatever she decided she shouldn't be made to feel guilty about it, and man, did I ever get it from that comment!!! Like others have said, my sons' genitals are no one else's business. I had them both circ'd and I stand by my decision because I believe my reasons for doing so are valid. Others may not think so, and that's fine. Why other people are concerned about other children's penises is beyond me.
TO the bolded I HATE this comment every time I see it. It has been answered SOOOO many times here.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #76
Leighleighbuggy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
yup.

I think I'm an AWESOME mom. I work hard to make good choices about food, entertainment, exercise, birth, etc. And when someone calls one of my parenting choices "unbelievable" or says I'm "abusing" my kids, or that I "mutilated" them... um, that's a pretty hard pill to swallow.

I used to get really upset and hurt and torn all apart about it. Then I took a break from DS and realized that so many things ppl get all riled up and frantic about here on DS are really NOT a big deal IRL. No one cares at Wal Mart what my kid's genitals look like.... or if I return the cart.... or if my baby girl's ears are pierced.... or if my kid is Bfed or not.... or if we cosleep..... I could go on. Now I just click the red X at the top and move on with REAL life, where I'm a GREAT mom to my WONDERFUL kids.
great post!
Leighleighbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #77
OneDayAtATime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Only here, not IRL. According to the stats they gave us at the childbirth class at the hospital I gave birth at, their circ rate is 97%. So obviously no judgment IRL since the majority of people in the area also circ.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #78
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai_e View Post
Reading the original thread, I get the impression that is commonplace to know the state of family members and close friends genitals.

Seriously, I have a father, 3 brothers, 3 nephews and 8 uncles and I could not tell you a darn thing about their penises. I must live in some weird bubble of Victorian-era prudishness where one's privates are not a topic of regular, frank discussion.
I agree. Although, I don't think you live in a bubble. I think that discussions of foreskins are not nearly as common as you might think having read circ discussions on DS. I can tell you that I would be uncomfortable spending time with someone who spends a lot of time obsessing over other people's penises. I find the idea of showing your son's penis to anyone to show what an intact penis looks like to be inappropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
TO the bolded I HATE this comment every time I see it. It has been answered SOOOO many times here.
But, this isn't a debate thread or anyone asking for anyone else to show additional judgment. It was supposed to be a question where people could honestly answer how they felt, not another opportunity for intactivists to pick at those who don't agree with them.

I have been reading both threads and circumcision is one topic on DS that I routinely avoid weighing in on for any number of reasons. But, I have noticed on these two threads that no one has popped onto the do you feel judged for not circing and commented that non-circ is gross. But a few non-circers cannot seem to restrain themselves from debating the feelings of those who admit to circing.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #79
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids View Post
I agree. Although, I don't think you live in a bubble. I think that discussions of foreskins are not nearly as common as you might think having read circ discussions on DS. I can tell you that I would be uncomfortable spending time with someone who spends a lot of time obsessing over other people's penises. I find the idea of showing your son's penis to anyone to show what an intact penis looks like to be inappropriate.

But, this isn't a debate thread or anyone asking for anyone else to show additional judgment. It was supposed to be a question where people could honestly answer how they felt, not another opportunity for intactivists to pick at those who don't agree with them.

I have been reading both threads and circumcision is one topic on DS that I routinely avoid weighing in on for any number of reasons. But, I have noticed on these two threads that no one has popped onto the do you feel judged for not circing and commented that non-circ is gross. But a few non-circers cannot seem to restrain themselves from debating the feelings of those who admit to circing.
To the bolded - . I would be beyond skeeved out if someone (other than a doctor who has a medical reason) asked to see my children's genitals. I don't care if it's for "educational" purposes or not.

And a giant to the entire second paragraph. It's just like when someone starts a thread asking a specific question about circumcision... question has nothing to do with "should I, or shouldn't I?", but the intactivists on here simply can't help but to invade the thread, giving all the reasons why circumcision is the worst thing ever - and then they hide behind the "well, I'm just sharing information" excuse .

Last edited by AnimalHouse; 10-09-2012 at 07:50 AM.
AnimalHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #80
NiNi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse

To the bolded - . I would be beyond skeeved out if someone (other than a doctor who has a medical reason) asked to see my children's genitals. I don't care if it's for "educational" purposes or not.

And a giant to the entire second paragraph. It's just like when someone starts a thread asking a specific question about circumcision... question has nothing to do with "should I, or shouldn't I?", but the intactivists on here simply can't help but to invade the thread, giving all the reasons why circumcision is the worst thing ever - and then they hide behind the "well, I'm just sharing information" excuse .
Yes.

I always say that when your opinion and point of view are SO FORCEFUL that it HURTS someone's feelings or insults someone, you're going to get a lot less people to listen to you. It's not a good thing when someone automatically becomes defensive. They tend to take in NOTHING you're saying.

sent from my iPhone. excuse all typos
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote