Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #31
GandH'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Alaska Mamas

I live in Wasilla, and I've cloth diapered 3 of my 4 kids I was born and raised in Alaska and have never lived any place else!

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #32
WalkintheRain
Registered Users
seller

My parents moved us up here in '94. We started out on Afognak Island(just north of Kodiak Island in the gulf). From there we moved over near Juneau, back to Afognak, Kodiak and they settled in the valley in '06. My husband is in the air force and has been stationed in Louisiana for nearly 3yr, so the kids and I spend a lot of time here with my parents. He's deploying to Guam this week for 1-2mo, then again in April for ~6mo so we will be here for at least a year.
I was really excited when I found out there was a cloth diaper store here in the valley now. I still don't actually know anyone else that cloth diapers nor have I seen anyone outside of the store. People always comment on their longies but have no idea they are anything other than pants.
WalkintheRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #33
Foolalex
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We should have a "secret handshake" of sorts to know when we see a fellow cloth diaper mom (or dad)!
Old 10-16-2012, 02:27 AM   #34
BubBubsMom
Registered Users
Formerly: TaReeses
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolalex
We should have a "secret handshake" of sorts to know when we see a fellow cloth diaper mom (or dad)!
LOL!
BubBubsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:43 AM   #35
amhende
Registered Users

I am in the Valley. I have two boys and am expecting out third little one. This will be our first time cloth diapering. Surprisingly my husband was easy to convince!
amhende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:06 AM   #36
Foolalex
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amhende
Surprisingly my husband was easy to convince!
How so? I'm always curious about how mamas get their spouses on board...
Old 11-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #37
BubBubsMom
Registered Users
Formerly: TaReeses
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhende
I am in the Valley. I have two boys and am expecting out third little one. This will be our first time cloth diapering. Surprisingly my husband was easy to convince!
Yay! Glad he is on board. Mine was pretty easy. He knows I like to be green and I showed him a picture of how much disposables a baby uses, and told him I'll basically be the one changing diapers. And he was on board. if he wasn't, I would have just said screw that and still CD hahah
BubBubsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:25 AM   #38
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubBubsMom

Yay! Glad he is on board. Mine was pretty easy. He knows I like to be green and I showed him a picture of how much disposables a baby uses, and told him I'll basically be the one changing diapers. And he was on board. if he wasn't, I would have just said screw that and still CD hahah
That's kinda how it goes at our house and I don't do all the changes lol.
It's understood that parenting decisions are mine. I have some control issues lol.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #39
Foolalex
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBooty

That's kinda how it goes at our house and I don't do all the changes lol.
It's understood that parenting decisions are mine. I have some control issues lol.
Lol, I definitely don't have control of the parenting - it's shared for sure! My mother-in-law uses disposables for my daughter when she watches my kids. Basically, that's what she's used to and both of us didn't expect her to use the fitteds I made. My hubby recently talked to her about using cloth though, which was really unexpected. She seems open to it, but wants to use all the disposables we bought first, so it may be a while.

My hubby just changed his first diaper-on-a-girl with my daughter the other day (so far I've been doing it since it's awkward for him that she has lady parts). I don't think he used any of the fitteds though.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #40
iloveina
Registered Users
seller

Hi, we currently live in AZ.. but we're from Eagle River Will be back in AK mid Jan (yeah.... from AZ to AK in Jan.. fun.. ) I just started cloth diapering my baby boy full time around 3 weeks ago, and now I'm addicted to the FSOT board
iloveina is offline   Reply With Quote