Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2012, 06:22 AM   #21
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: minimal weight gain

If you are really concerned may I suggest doing a food journal? Really accurately record everything that enters your mouth including liquids. Sometimes people can fool themselves into thinking they "eat a ton" but when its all added up they are taking in less calories than they think.

My mom does this, she's quite slender and always talks about how much she eats. But I've been with her for a few days and I know she eats between 900-1200 calories a day. But nothing I say to her will snap her out of the idea that she eats a lot. drives me crazy!!! I've known a few other skinny people who do something similar. I suspect that for a lot of underweight people who only gained a few pounds during pregnancy that they were probably unintentionally under eating and not realizing it.

As for you if you're eating 1800-2500 calories per day on average than I would say you are just gaining what you need.

Advertisement

Last edited by evasimone; 10-08-2012 at 06:23 AM.
evasimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #22
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: minimal weight gain

I lose weight pregnant too, and I have never had morning sickness. I have started each of my pregnancies with extra fluff, and usually lose until about halfway through, then gain steadily. I have an average gain of 15 pounds, all of which is lost at or shortly after delivery. Right now I am 24 weeks and still down 3 pounds from my conception weight. As long as baby is growing fine and you are measuring on track, the weight is not an issue. I don't agree with the idea that women need to gain weight while pregnant - they need to eat WELL, nourish their body and their baby, and their body will do the rest. It is not uncommon for larger women to lose abnormal body fat during pregnancy. Have you ever heard of the HCG diet? Men do it too!
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote