Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #41
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

If it were our family in that situation, we'd all chip in together. Since it sounds like they planned to meet and park and carpool, and DH said the bank would be safe, i'd feel partially responsible. Still, it is a bank? If it's a place that has towing signs and a 'customers only' policy they have a right to tow if you violate their property rights. But some businesses don't own their lots, and the lots are public during certain hours. Id look into that regarding the fairness of the tow.

Advertisement

BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #42
NiNi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by eileprose

I totally understand why you would feel irked. I have several friends and family members that spend spend spend and then panic and lament and ask for money, where my household has always made savings a priority. I wouldn't want to give up any of my hard saved money either.

I'm trying to phrase a thought eloquently and its not quiet coming out right, but let me try, please forgive the awkwardness.

Some people whine and are difficult but you have 2 choices about dealing with them. One, give them up, distance yourself from them, if they don't give you anything in return (fun, positive feelings...something) or two, realize that you value you them for some reason, they are family, you care for them, they make you happy, you have a past....something you value and then you choose to put up with their negative tendencies, its a trade off.

Does that make sense?
Your last paragraph exactly. It may not be the popular response. But it's what I think all the time.

sent from my iPhone. excuse all typos
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #43
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWYD: needing advice

eh, it's ok, she calmed down and it's working itself out. We are chipping in and all is good.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #44
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWYD: needing advice

I'm glad to hear it's all good now. Sometimes people just need time to think it through and process the situation.