Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Re: Can you make this work for us?

It's impossible to predict for sure, but it's great that you have some Flips. You can keep changing what you stuff in them!

Hemp doublers will be a good friend, definitely get more of those. My favorites are Green Mountain Diapers ... someone tested a bunch of hemp on here and I tested the GMD against their top performer, and the GMD came out best for how much it holds, compared to its size.

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 02:41 AM   #12
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

I'd get Flip Organic, those are the BEST! You already have the Flip and if you need extra absorbency, the Hemp Babies doubler would help! I've heard others say that they can use Elementals for night time. I haven't tried them yet, so I don't know.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #13
sweetpeapumpkinbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

We do a diaper rite prefold topped with a flip stay dry insert (so that it's stay-dry against him), with a wool cover over it. Prefolds are pretty cheap, and we only have/need one disana cover (when it's drying from being washed, I just put him in fleece pants or pj's instead). You could just use fleece all the time, instead, I just prefer the wool.

Last edited by sweetpeapumpkinbaby; 10-10-2012 at 01:01 PM.
sweetpeapumpkinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #14
BunnysMama
Registered Users

Usually I do a hemp prefold with a MF insert folded up in it in a cover, but it's wicked bulky (but never had a leak). Last night I used a Charcoal insert and a bamboo insert in an Alva pocket. No leaks at 9 hours for my 5 month old FF baby. The Charcoals are supposed to be very, very absorbant, but I only just started using them this week so I make no guarantees. They are also safe to put against baby's bum, unlike MF so you could just lay it on top of a prefold.
BunnysMama is offline   Reply With Quote