View Poll Results: do you have anxiety over your childs health?
yes 22 33.33%
no 38 57.58%
other 6 9.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #41
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: anxiety over your childs health

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmccall08 View Post
do any of you mamas suffer from anxiety over your child/childrens health? always think the worst?
I don't anymore. But, when she was young I did. I couldn't even watch or donate money to the St Jude's telethon because I was terrified i'd one day BE one of those moms on the telethon. The mom who knows all the nurses by name.

My daughter was hospitalized occasionally for health problems. Twice in ICU. I was so afraid that instead of three days, it would be my new life all the time, every day. I would stand in the doorway of her room, and watch the hustle in the hallways, and tried to imagine doing this every day, for years.

I always thought "Why NOT me... why only other people... it can happen to us too".

I'm over it now, but it took about 15 years.

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #42
Kmccall08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeinstarrz View Post
Do you still see that doctor? Them even giving you the idea of leukemia was wrong unless they had actual medical evidence to back it up. If it were me, I would contact the doctor who originated your fear and explain to them how it is made you feel and insist on their reassurance...it might be the only way to get past it is to have that doctor apologize and admit their mistake in terrifying you unnecessarily. Even when my sons's docs were very clearly looking for leukemia, they still never used the word out loud to me (because they knew me and Google are pretty close friends...). I'm sorry you are so stressed!
i most def do not see that doctor anymore :-! that was ( supposed to be )just a one time visit while we were in NC and she did apologize after the 2nd cbc and she knows how badly she upset me i cried on the phone with her but she said she "had to" tell me that just in case :/
Old 10-09-2012, 05:49 AM   #43
Kmccall08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot View Post

Well I think that if your instincts where not trowing up red flags before this crazy Dr put it in your subconscious then thats where I would draw the line between instinct and anxiety/fear. BUT at the same time, I would be sure to go to a Pedi that you trust and explain your fears and have them rerun the blood work and check for everything, specifically leukemia.
thank you mama i def am going to do that we are back in VA so friday we will be seeing his ped that he saw from birth i will be telling her exactly whats going on and how i feel ....thing is my husband is military and we move to san diego in jan so we will have to find another ped
Old 10-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #44
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

Yes! And the Internet doesn't help! I always think the worst...It makes my husband crAzy.
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:54 AM   #45
Kmccall08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knodceo View Post
Yes! And the Internet doesn't help! I always think the worst...It makes my husband crAzy.
tell me about it! i am driving myself insane with google. why do we do it?