Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #31
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mine is a Wedgewood. No clue on the year. I peeked around the back but couldn't find a sticker or label. It might be original to our midcentury house. We are renting so I don't really know every detail about the house.

I tried to take some pics for you. It looks like a more modest version of the one you liked on ebay, I think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20121009_074430.jpg (12.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20121009_074439.jpg (13.4 KB, 53 views)

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #32
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone here have a vintage stove in their kitchen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
Mine is a Wedgewood. No clue on the year. I peeked around the back but couldn't find a sticker or label. It might be original to our midcentury house. We are renting so I don't really know every detail about the house.

I tried to take some pics for you. It looks like a more modest version of the one you liked on ebay, I think.
OMG I love it!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #33
ardeur
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
THIS is pretty much exactly what my kitchen looks like, with some minor differences.

Our house was built in 1961 and I am about 90% sure that these are the original appliances that came with the house.

I'll be honest, I hate them.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE (did I mention I HATE) cleaning the stove top. It is such a colossal pain in the rear end to have to remove every coil and then the drip pan underneath and then wash those AND the cavity underneath the drip pans INSIDE the stove top. I flipping hate it.

My oven doesn't heat evenly and it costs me more to run my oven than it does to run my TV, washer, dryer, AND computer.... COMBINED.

I'm just biding my time until I can afford a new kitchen, with new appliances.
Those are the exact appliances we had in an old apartment. Our utility bill was outrageous.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #34
mmlsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We do and its a colossal beast! It takes up a ton of room and is a real pain to clean because no self cleaning ANYTHING! but it has double side by side ovens one is a big one and the other is a small 1/2 size (great for thanksgiving to have turkey in on one side and all sides in the other oven. It's circa 1940s. The other thing I do not like is its electric not gas. But its cute and has a huge light all the way across the top and neat bake lite fixtures so we put up with it, I am desperately trying to do a 40s theme but my husband isnt interested. We also have an apron front farm house cast iron sink that he hates and I will hold onto tooth and nail!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #35
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
THIS is pretty much exactly what my kitchen looks like, with some minor differences.

Our house was built in 1961 and I am about 90% sure that these are the original appliances that came with the house.

I'll be honest, I hate them.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE (did I mention I HATE) cleaning the stove top. It is such a colossal pain in the rear end to have to remove every coil and then the drip pan underneath and then wash those AND the cavity underneath the drip pans INSIDE the stove top. I flipping hate it.

My oven doesn't heat evenly and it costs me more to run my oven than it does to run my TV, washer, dryer, AND computer.... COMBINED.

I'm just biding my time until I can afford a new kitchen, with new appliances.
OMG, thats totally what the kitchen in the house we rented when i was pregnant/ds was a baby looked like... loved the cabinets, etc, but the oven was a pain. it was only 16" wide... and i know that because a 16" pizza from sams touched the sides, lol... it died while we were living there, and couldnt be reasonably replaced... couldnt find parts, couldnt put a new stove there because the space was too small... the owners ended up redoing the kitchen, and i didnt like the new one as much, cabinet/layout wise

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #36
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post

Has anyone told you lately what an incredibly lucky woman you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmlsmom View Post
We do and its a colossal beast! It takes up a ton of room and is a real pain to clean because no self cleaning ANYTHING! but it has double side by side ovens one is a big one and the other is a small 1/2 size (great for thanksgiving to have turkey in on one side and all sides in the other oven. It's circa 1940s. The other thing I do not like is its electric not gas. But its cute and has a huge light all the way across the top and neat bake lite fixtures so we put up with it, I am desperately trying to do a 40s theme but my husband isnt interested. We also have an apron front farm house cast iron sink that he hates and I will hold onto tooth and nail!
I've not seen an electric one! Interesting!
I wonder if they had them with gas on top and electricity for ovens.
That would be my ideal combo!

I have a sink I am hanging onto as well.
If our house sells, it is literally NOT including the kitchen sink
I've moved it once before and will again. It isn't super old. It is one of those old double sinks with the built in drain boards on either side. I love it!
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote