Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #91
mandabug2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh, and I never asked if you felt bad for it! My question was whether you were judged. I'm guessing based on some of your responses that you thought I asked if you felt bad for doing it. Not what I asked...thanks though. :-/
Thanks to those who answered my question the way I intended it to be answered. I really appreciate your honesty!

Advertisement

mandabug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #92
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you ever feel judged regarding not circumcising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandabug2 View Post
I know it's all of your own decisions to "not be friends with" those who circ', but you're as bad as the ones that I feel are judging me for not circ'ing! Come on people, can't we be civil to those who feel differently than us? I understand there are people out there that are uneducated, but do you really feel like you are going to change them by being judgemental!?
I'm incredibly civil and polite when talking about circumcision. The subject rarely comes up with friends, but when people find out my boys are intact they are often curious as to why, which opens us up to conversation. I've had several friends and family change their mind about circumcision after talking with them about it.

While I make my best effort to be tactful when discussing circumcision, I will admit that my heart breaks when I hear about another little boy undergoing a cosmetic procedure to remove part of his genitals. It's really sad to me. I can't watch circ videos online it makes me so ill. Unfortunately, circumcision is something you just have to be passionate about.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #93
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-mum View Post
Wow, you are being far more rude than any of the other moms in this thread.
I have to agree.

And Terra I have always liked you but this latest "non-judgmental" version of you just seems like you judge EVERYONE now instead of just some people. Seeing you post how "label-free" and perfect you are now in EVERY post you make is getting REALLY REALLY old.

I find your posts now FAR more judgmental and preachy now than ever.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #94
Joyful Tie Dyes
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post
I think what terra is saying is that many procedures would fit the strict definition of mutilation - ear piercing, mastectomies, surgeries, etc. Yet you wouldn't go up to a women who has had her breasts removed and tell her that she is mutilated. It's just plain rude. People who say they use the term mutilate simply because it fits the strict definition and for no other reason... Well, that's a bold faced lie. They use the term to purposefully make it sound awful. If someone wants to do that, it's their prerogative. I just think they should own it instead of hiding behind, "well, it fits the definition." I think that is kind of what terra is getting at.

And I for one do not think she is rude. Outspoken, yes. Rude, no.
Having ones breasts removed as a treatment for a disease is FAR different that unnecessary cosmetic surgery on a helpless infant.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #95
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

I have a question. My first son born several years ago we had circ'd. I honestly did not realize there was an option. I am now pregnant again, and while to early to know if I am having boy or girl I feel it is a boy. After my sons circ he was practically comatose for 3 days whereas before he was awake and eating. This led me to believe we had done a BAD thing. However, I have heard horror stories of little boys that the foreskin grows closed if not circ'd and it is a major procedure to have to have done when they are older. I mean more intense than done while as a baby with more surgery involved. I have also heard that intact males can give their wives cancer. After researching I find ALOT of contradictory information. Can anyone give me any insight? Links to read? Anything that can help set my mind at ease to not circ? With my DS I cried for days afterwards, but I also want to know the likelihood of having to circ as an older child if we do not do it as a newborn. Meaning complications that could arise and if those complications are preventable such as the foreskin growing closed.

Last edited by tinytushi; 10-09-2012 at 09:00 AM.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #96
Joyful Tie Dyes
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

TinyTushi I have never once heard of an intact boy's foreskin growing closed. You can find MANY threads with links here at DS I'd start with the sticky thread that I think is called "10 reasons not to circumcise your son"
Old 10-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #97
kiwi87
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmwmommy View Post
Dh insists that nobody would ever admit to checking out your penis in the locker room.
This is exactly what my intact DH told me. He said that guys don't go around staring at each other's junk, and that if anyone had asked him about his penis he'd ask them why they were looking. I never understood the locker room debate.
kiwi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #98
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandabug2 View Post
I know it's all of your own decisions to "not be friends with" those who circ', but you're as bad as the ones that I feel are judging me for not circ'ing! Come on people, can't we be civil to those who feel differently than us? I understand there are people out there that are uneducated, but do you really feel like you are going to change them by being judgemental!?
i just cant be friends with someone i dont respect. i can be civil to them, just like im civil to the people i know who hit their kids but i sure am not going to be friends with them.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #99
NiNi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes

i just cant be friends with someone i dont respect. i can be civil to them, just like im civil to the people i know who hit their kids but i sure am not going to be friends with them.
Are you equating people who hit their kids with people who circ?

sent from my iPhone. excuse all typos
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #100
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNi View Post
Are you equating people who hit their kids with people who circ?

sent from my iPhone. excuse all typos
no i was saying that is another one of the things that people do that i dont respect them for
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote