Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #371
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn

Hey Fi! You must read the books! Much better than the movie. Movie kinda sucked. Yay for squishy yarn mail! What an awesome seller!
Well we had gotten a free redbox code or we wouldn't have rented it. There wasn't much else that looked good. It definitely made me interested enough to read the books but I guess I already was since I bought them several months ago, I just need to muzzle my kids so I can. Rb wants me to take a couple hours a week and go to a coffee shop to read but honestly, I don't want to. Maybe soon.

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #372
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL Oct 7-13 *Knit the funk away!*

Katie, does the wheel's manual have a trouble shooting section..or FAQ online? I'm researching a drop spindle I'm getting and the schatch website has an extensive FAQ section too. I haven't looked through it yet as it has mostly wheel things, but that might be good place to look too. Hope those bands and doo hickeys stay put.

I think I'm a sucker for blue yarn...I have knit myself two adult FOs in blue...DH actually pointed it out when I was going to buy some cousteau. I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone and have some Madtosh Alzarin (I forget the spelling), but its a pretty reddish, purple-ish, orange...like a sunrise. Gorgeous and def. not my usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
I bet Youtube and google would help in working out the kinks of your new wheel, Katie. Did you ever finish that hh?

Dh bought me Legos last night. He found me a glow in the dark mummy and a mini fig that looks like me. He is so awesome.

We watched hunger games last night and couldn't help but point out the totally illogical but it was pretty good all things considered. I want to read the books now. I have them so we will see.

About half done on the body of the hh and depending on how long dd wants it I may or may not finish today. My huge fiber order should be shipping today. 19 braids of mostly BME and TibH and that makes me giddy. The seller was super awesome. I was supposed to send her my list the night I went to the ER and she held all her sales so I got dibs when I got out.
DH LOVED the Hunger Games and forced me to watch it a second time when it came out on netflix. The books were really good...it explained a lot more than the movie had time to do. I like the first book and the last...the second was meh.

I want to see your mountain of fluff in mountain form, not ravelry form
Old 10-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #373
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081

Its almost done (finally!) - I was just breing ADD and playing with my other new toy today and I'll check out YouTube - thanks for the suggestion :-) and that's a Lotta fiber you're getting - any project in mind for it?
Well 19 braids is a lot of spinning first but most are only singles only a few are pairs or more. I think one is 3 and that might be something for dd. Originally I had planned on buying and spinning for the baby but since that's not happening, no. No plans in mind. I rarely spin for a project. I spin because I love it and then knit what I feel like after it speaks to me. I like keeping my options open.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #374
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh I will totally post whore myself when it comes in. How can I not?? It seems so small when I screen shot the email, right?? And some of them are fat braids, too. Man, USPS needs to ship fast.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #375
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
I bet Youtube and google would help in working out the kinks of your new wheel, Katie. Did you ever finish that hh?

Dh bought me Legos last night. He found me a glow in the dark mummy and a mini fig that looks like me. He is so awesome.

We watched hunger games last night and couldn't help but point out the totally illogical but it was pretty good all things considered. I want to read the books now. I have them so we will see.

About half done on the body of the hh and depending on how long dd wants it I may or may not finish today. My huge fiber order should be shipping today. 19 braids of mostly BME and TibH and that makes me giddy. The seller was super awesome. I was supposed to send her my list the night I went to the ER and she held all her sales so I got dibs when I got out.
Hooray for your fiber shipping! Definitely take a pic of that when it comes in! I really loved the Hunger Games books, and was not a fan of the movie really. We saw it in the theatres but I haven't seen it since it was released on DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808mamaof2 View Post
Katie, does the wheel's manual have a trouble shooting section..or FAQ online? I'm researching a drop spindle I'm getting and the schatch website has an extensive FAQ section too. I haven't looked through it yet as it has mostly wheel things, but that might be good place to look too. Hope those bands and doo hickeys stay put.

I think I'm a sucker for blue yarn...I have knit myself two adult FOs in blue...DH actually pointed it out when I was going to buy some cousteau. I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone and have some Madtosh Alzarin (I forget the spelling), but its a pretty reddish, purple-ish, orange...like a sunrise. Gorgeous and def. not my usual.

DH LOVED the Hunger Games and forced me to watch it a second time when it came out on netflix. The books were really good...it explained a lot more than the movie had time to do. I like the first book and the last...the second was meh.

I want to see your mountain of fluff in mountain form, not ravelry form
I'm the same way for green yarns, it's really ridiculous. My local friend goes to Happy Knits with me and laughs every time I pick up a skein of green. For spindling btw, I highly recommend youtube vids of Abby Franquemont, and her book "Respect the Spindle". She is the undisputed goddess of drop spindling (whereas Fleegle rules over supported spindles and cobweb lace knits). For wheels, a good reference is Judith McKenzie's "The Intentional Spinner", but I think it's slightly above brand-new. Maggie Casey has a great video (that I own, here on my craft table) that explains the basics of wheel spinning to new spinners.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #376
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Karen - it only came with a tiny.little manual with no faqs or anything so I'll have to keep Google and YouTube in mind for future reference

Fi - that will be a lot of spinning - how long does one braid usually take you? Just out of curiosity
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #377
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach

Hooray for your fiber shipping! Definitely take a pic of that when it comes in! I really loved the Hunger Games books, and was not a fan of the movie really. We saw it in the theatres but I haven't seen it since it was released on DVD.

I'm the same way for green yarns, it's really ridiculous. My local friend goes to Happy Knits with me and laughs every time I pick up a skein of green. For spindling btw, I highly recommend youtube vids of Abby Franquemont, and her book "Respect the Spindle". She is the undisputed goddess of drop spindling (whereas Fleegle rules over supported spindles and cobweb lace knits). For wheels, a good reference is Judith McKenzie's "The Intentional Spinner", but I think it's slightly above brand-new. Maggie Casey has a great video (that I own, here on my craft table) that explains the basics of wheel spinning to new spinners.
What's the video called and is it available online (do you know?) And is the Intentional Spinners a book?
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #378
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081 View Post
What's the video called and is it available online (do you know?) And is the Intentional Spinners a book?
The Intentional Spinner is a book with a DVD. The video I have is called Start Spinning with Maggie Casey, and it's put out by Interweave, she's teaching Euny Jang (sp?) the editor of Interweave Knits how to spin. Interweave has most of their media available for download, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could find it on their site too. I got it as an extra with the first wheel I bought, pulled out a bunch of fiber, and watched it on the portable player while I messed around with my first "art yarn"
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #379
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081
Karen - it only came with a tiny.little manual with no faqs or anything so I'll have to keep Google and YouTube in mind for future reference

Fi - that will be a lot of spinning - how long does one braid usually take you? Just out of curiosity
I don't know. With 5 kids and life, I rarely get to sit and spin one braid entirely uninterrupted. At the very least it takes longer to spin 4 oz than knit it and I can easily knit 3-4 oz in a day if it isn't scrappy, pattern heavy or icording which takes longer than just knitting. So. Suffice it to say I will have plenty to do for a while but how long? No one knows.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #380
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a thing for blue and brown yarn.

for nice people Fi!

Choc ginger pumpkin custArd in the oven, hope its good. I'll show pix when it's done.