Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #381
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches

I don't know. With 5 kids and life, I rarely get to sit and spin one braid entirely uninterrupted. At the very least it takes longer to spin 4 oz than knit it and I can easily knit 3-4 oz in a day if it isn't scrappy, pattern heavy or icording which takes longer than just knitting. So. Suffice it to say I will have plenty to do for a while but how long? No one knows.
Sit and spin made me

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #382
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Re: KAL Oct 7-13 *Knit the funk away!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
Today is our 8th anniversary, trying to decide where to go for dinner. The kids were up early and being monsters so I'm hoping there's a nap in there soon. I have more fiber prepped to dye during nap, then there is just 8 oz. left of this order!
Happy Anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
Happy anniversary!

Savannah your post made me that you're still mad at the bib! ::
What can I say, I hold a grudge on my knitting . The longies I was knitting when I went into scary labor with Avery didn't get picked up for months .

This room/master closet is taking forever! WHY do we have so much STUFF .
Old 10-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #383
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks Savannah Now I just need him to stop heating plastic in a microwave so we can hit 50+ years together

FO pic!

Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #384
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

I hope It's good gotta let it cool and I think I'll put whipped cream too
Old 10-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #385
ELC Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: tina_clewis
seller

My Mood:
Happy Anniversary Mindy! Congrats to the preggies! I havent knit since last month and Im so sick right now I cant even think about it
Braeden joined us 1/11/2012!!
ELC Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #386
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach
Thanks Savannah Now I just need him to stop heating plastic in a microwave so we can hit 50+ years together

FO pic!
Those l
Knit up perfect!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #387
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dd and I couldn't wait. They were yummy w/ whipped cream. The topping added an interesting texture to the pumpkin. Dd wants more.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #388
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach

The Intentional Spinner is a book with a DVD. The video I have is called Start Spinning with Maggie Casey, and it's put out by Interweave, she's teaching Euny Jang (sp?) the editor of Interweave Knits how to spin. Interweave has most of their media available for download, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could find it on their site too. I got it as an extra with the first wheel I bought, pulled out a bunch of fiber, and watched it on the portable player while I messed around with my first "art yarn"
Awesome thanks so much for all the help and info/references

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches

I don't know. With 5 kids and life, I rarely get to sit and spin one braid entirely uninterrupted. At the very least it takes longer to spin 4 oz than knit it and I can easily knit 3-4 oz in a day if it isn't scrappy, pattern heavy or icording which takes longer than just knitting. So. Suffice it to say I will have plenty to do for a while but how long? No one knows.
sit and spin always makes me chuckle. And I didn't figure you get much time to spin uninterrupted you're a busy lady! That's an awesome stash coming to you regardless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert
I hope It's good gotta let it cool and I think I'll put whipped cream too
yummo!
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #389
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
Hooray for your fiber shipping! Definitely take a pic of that when it comes in! I really loved the Hunger Games books, and was not a fan of the movie really. We saw it in the theatres but I haven't seen it since it was released on DVD.

I'm the same way for green yarns, it's really ridiculous. My local friend goes to Happy Knits with me and laughs every time I pick up a skein of green. For spindling btw, I highly recommend youtube vids of Abby Franquemont, and her book "Respect the Spindle". She is the undisputed goddess of drop spindling (whereas Fleegle rules over supported spindles and cobweb lace knits). For wheels, a good reference is Judith McKenzie's "The Intentional Spinner", but I think it's slightly above brand-new. Maggie Casey has a great video (that I own, here on my craft table) that explains the basics of wheel spinning to new spinners.
Thanks for the resources. I'll def. look into it. FX Amazon has it...most of our local bookstores (e.g. Borders) have closed down so its either Amazon or driving into town to our one Barnes and Nobles. Bet Amazon would have it...they have everything.

So excited for the drop spindle. DH is calling it my gateway drug I'll only allow myself a wheel if I get really serious about it though. If I can get this down pat, I'm hoping to get a wheel with some of our tax return $ and spin during my maternity leave. Since gummy is our last baby, I'm maxing out my leave and hoping to take mid-Feb through June off. Although crafting time will def. depend upon this baby's temperament. I'm praying/hoping/wishing for an easy baby....we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081 View Post
Karen - it only came with a tiny.little manual with no faqs or anything so I'll have to keep Google and YouTube in mind for future reference

Fi - that will be a lot of spinning - how long does one braid usually take you? Just out of curiosity
Dang, tiny manual...that stinks. Maybe the company site has some info too? IDK. At least you can dye your own fiber so you don't have to mess up more pricey fiber while you learn, but can play with fun colors. I'll probably be practicing on some undyed craft store stuff for now, lol. Gonna hoard the good stuff for the pros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post
I have a thing for blue and brown yarn.

for nice people Fi!

Choc ginger pumpkin custArd in the oven, hope its good. I'll show pix when it's done.
That sounds delish!!! I'm drinking a chai now and pretending I have some pumpkin scone or fall dessert to go with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post
Sit and spin made me
Telling someone to "go, sit and spin" can take on two TOTALLY different contexts.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #390
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
At the surgeon's office for a consultation regarding my gallbladder....fun times.
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote