Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #81
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Re: S/O Mamas that circed, do you feel judged?

Do I feel judged? Absolutely. Only on this site though because the topic never comes up IRL and even if it did I don't know a single person who is not circ'd. Have I ever doubted my decision is the right one for my boys? Not for a second

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #82
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Didn't read the whole thread.

I don't feel judged personally.

Or rather, I know there are very strong judgemental feelings out there on the intact side of things, but I don't take it personally because none of them know me irl or have any real knowledge of my parenting.

I also have seen a ton of defensiveness from the pro-circ side of things on this site, which seems silly to me (as a mom of a circ'd son). I don't care what a bunch of strangers on the Internet think about my sons penis bc it's none of their business. And if the issue is important enough to them to be rude/nasty on the Internet then ohwell.

But I've stayed out of all the debate threads and havent actualy seen any nastiness.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #83
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nope! If I have another boy I will consider not circumsizing but that is not bc of pressure or judgement--I am just more know more about reason not too.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #84
Megan22
Registered Users
seller

I only have one son, and yes he is circ'd. We had to do it for medical reasons when he was six months old. I don't feel judged because my husband and I made the choice to go with what was needed to be done and I stand by that decision.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #85
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally feel judged, because my older two sons are circ'd and my youngest isn't. But meh, I never did fit into any mold or group anyway
Old 10-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #86
MommyToTwoPrinces
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, because I don't discuss my boy's genitals! But I do regret it with every ounce in me! I wish I would've done the proper research before making that decision.

MommyToTwoPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #87
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
No but I don't post on those threads normally. Both my children are circ'ed and I stand by my decision.
dncegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #88
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I find it hilarious how the anti-circ thread is sitting there calling people who circ'd mutilators but would never say that as an educational piece. LOL Like you really are trying to educate people that way yet truly feel its mutilation. I find it just so funny how rude they can be behind everyone's back and online but in person to someone's face they would "never" say that! If I strongly feel something I don't care if its in person or online, I speak my mind and don't sugar coat things. My friends know how I feel about abortion, carseat, vaccines, etc. I can still remain friends with people who have different opinions than I do because that's not what our friendship is about. But I find it just funny that anti-circ folks can't be friends with people who circ. It's just shallow. I don't see people popping in their thread bashing them yet they don't seem to have the same control huh?
Old 10-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #89
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

I am actually going to say this. But I'm putting it in this thread.

I view female circ the same way as male circ. And when "intactivists" compare the two it just does nothing for me.

If female circ was socially normal and accepted, and most women I personally knew were circ'd, if I was cric'd myself, and all the girls I grew up with were circ'd, if there were cultural and religiously acceptable reasons to circ girls... then yes, I'd circ my girls. It's the exact same as male circ, IMO.

It just does nothing for the anti-circ thought process IMO.

Do any other circ'ers feel this way about this anti-circ argument???
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #90
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki
I am actually going to say this. But I'm putting it in this thread.

I view female circ the same way as male circ. And when "intactivists" compare the two it just does nothing for me.

If female circ was socially normal and accepted, and most women I personally knew were circ'd, if I was cric'd myself, and all the girls I grew up with were circ'd, if there were cultural and religiously acceptable reasons to circ girls... then yes, I'd circ my girls. It's the exact same as male circ, IMO.

It just does nothing for the anti-circ thought process IMO.

Do any other circ'ers feel this way about this anti-circ argument???
I don't know that I "feel" that way, but I get what you're saying. I don't think female circing is the same numbers wise, even where it is socially acceptable. It's not often done in hospitals by professionals, but often by lay-people and in unsanitary conditions and to prevent something normal from happening unlike with males where this is SOME benefit considered by the AAP and medical community. Also, in comparison it's very different. The amount of skin taken during FGM is MUCH different than in RIC. JMO, but I get what you're saying, I just don't really agree.