Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I forgot to say, with my son, we stopped when he was less than a year bc he got a crazy yeast rash and the process of cleaning the yeast out of my cheapie china pockets KILLED their PUL and we were screwed. Lol. :-)

Advertisement

BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #12
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When did you decide to just call it quits as far as CD'ing?

With DD 1 she was 3 and in panties all day. Nighttime pullups were the only thing she wouldn't soak through. With DD2 she is 22 months and in panties all day(still amazed, lol). She's been in sposies at night but I've been wanting to try prefolds and doublers instead. I need covers though(sold all her BGs). I hate to spend $ on sposies but I understand not finding cloth that works well when they are older. If sposies work, stick with it, or try trainers through the day and maybe it'll help with PLing?! Just do whatever works
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #13
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If things weren't working out, like you describe, I'd probably be done. Sticking with cloth is a commitment of time, certainly, and hassle. If things were not even working, what would be the point? My son is 39 months and mainly, if I put him in a dipaer, it's either a fleece pocket or a fitted w/fleece cover. All his diapers are relatively fluffy, they need LOTS of absorbency. His nighttime diapers are really big; I use fleece DryBees and either stuff with an XL Toddler size hemp PF or a Medium Sbish bamboo terry flat (both w/cotton doublers).

Most of the time he runs around diaper-less, so I washer smaller loads than I used to. But I hope to keep him completely in cloth until he's totally done...we'll see. I have managed to find solutions to any of the problems that came up, some people seem to really struggle with that. If there are no solutions then why keep torturing yourself?

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #14
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: sahmto3boys
seller

My Mood:

I really love cloth diapers but the joy has been stripped by not finding a convenient diaper that is convenient to use, works as far as absorbency and being gentle on his skin. I can't seem to get that 3 way combo. The buying and selling is growing old too. That being said, this decision is so hard because I'm like an addict trying to quit and just can't do it.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #15
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvingmy4boys
I really love cloth diapers but the joy has been stripped by not finding a convenient diaper that is convenient to use, works as far as absorbency and being gentle on his skin. I can't seem to get that 3 way combo. The buying and selling is growing old too. That being said, this decision is so hard because I'm like an addict trying to quit and just can't do it.
Well if you happen to try an XL super undies and hate it, I'll buy it from you. ;-)
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #16
hikergal73
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I could never find a cloth night time solution that I was happy with so I've gave up on cloth at night a long time ago. Now that DD is about 50% trained and she only wants to wear disposable pull-ups so I given up on trying to get her to use a cloth training pant or diapers. I figure she's close enough to being trained that it's just not worth the hassle.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #17
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i feel ya mama! im right there with ya, as you well know i finally decided to just go to prefolds and wool or bummis pull ons. not super convenient, but no red marks. i hate the smell of sposies too, and i really hate having to go to the store to buy diapers. ugh! we use them at night too, and never seem to remember to buy them when we are at walmart, so we end up running out at bedtime to get a pack! hate it. anyway, i had fit issues when my ds Bastian was almost 3 - he had super wide hips and no diapers fit him right! it was driving me crazy and it was the same trying everything and buy and selling. i feel your pain no advice, but just do whats best for you and your family.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #18
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiths13 View Post
i feel ya mama! im right there with ya, as you well know i finally decided to just go to prefolds and wool or bummis pull ons. not super convenient, but no red marks. i hate the smell of sposies too, and i really hate having to go to the store to buy diapers. ugh! we use them at night too, and never seem to remember to buy them when we are at walmart, so we end up running out at bedtime to get a pack! hate it. anyway, i had fit issues when my ds Bastian was almost 3 - he had super wide hips and no diapers fit him right! it was driving me crazy and it was the same trying everything and buy and selling. i feel your pain no advice, but just do whats best for you and your family.

All too familiar with your struggles too. You want the same thing that I do. I loved prefolds too and the pull on covers and wool. One of my favorite combos but with potty training, it's not very convenient. I think I saw one of your posts talking about underwoolies. How are you liking those? I've thought of those to use over a non waterproof trainer.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #19
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Does anyone have both the Bum-ware Original and a Bum-ware BWX that tell me if one is more absorbent than the other? I like that the Original has a cotton flannel inner but I'm just wondering if the absorbency is about the same. I'm thinking of trying this diaper as my last resort to find an easy to use cloth diaper before calling it quits.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #20
JessB
Registered Users

I wash ds night diaper with our regular laundry. It's just pee these days, and he's in prefolds at night, so there's no special wash routine. He usually doesn't even pee in it anymore, but when he does, I throw it in with everything else like I do with wet underwear.
Hey, mama, we just named our newest little guy Jace! I saw it in a book and liked it, and dh liked it because Jase, with an s, is the name of some duck hunter on tv. )
JessB is offline   Reply With Quote