Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #11
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had HG with DS. I had a Picc line placed at 9 weeks so I could give myself IV drips at home, and at 14 weeks started getting TPN through the picc. I had wonderful home care nurses that came twice a week for dressing changes. All my IV fluids were shipped to my house. I also had a zofran pump, though it didn't seem to help.
I was a first time single mom and had to take a medical leave from my job and move in with my parents. I had several hospital stays, once for 2 weeks during which my picc got infected and caused blood poisoning. I had to take medication not approved for pregnant women because it was the only option, and the infection left me with blind spots in my left eye. Luckily my DS was born healthy at 37 weeks, 7lb 3oz.
I have been having what's probably more typical m/s this pregnancy and I'm 11.5 weeks and starting to feel a bit better. If I had HG again I probably would be done having kids because it was such a challenge physically and emotionally.

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have had it with all 3 successful pregnancies. This time they put me straight on home health with an IV and a zophran pump. DH did ALL food prep and we received help from my MOPS group with meals in the worse of it. I would check with your insurance about a pump and see if they will allow it. So sorry mama, HG is so horrible!!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #13
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh and when I did work with DS1, I made the OB take me off bc I had used all PTO and couldn't pay bills. I went on short term disability until it went away.

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote