Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #31
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandi
Well, I found out for sure we are expecting again, in mid June.....yep its waaaaay early. AF is not even late yet.....I just knew something was up and started testing and today...viola. What a shock! This was definately a surprise.
So....what does Dave say about this? I will probably work part time until April or May and any money I make after paying the sitter will go to the sb.
ATM, our bills are:
dentist: 350$
cc: 550
sl: 7k
cc: 9100
truck: 9500
sl: 16K

DH pays the truck and the sl's, I pay the cc's and the dentist. Him and the little cc I should be able to knock out by the new year hopefully. (Well, not going to "knock out" my dentist.....unless he starts drilling before the novacaine takes hold....then its ON!!! lol)
Shaking my head here......theres pretty much nothing extra in the budget. Im trying to get the truck refinanced. I sent the paperwork in to PenFed and still havent heard back. That will only save like 50-60 a month though. And we arent able to get out of the verizon contract til January I think.....then we are switching to straight talk and that will save us 110 a month.....cant WAIT for that!! Looking in to refinancing the house (currently 5%, we owe 87k, bought in 09), the monthly note would not be reduced unless we extended the terms and even then it would only be for another 3 years and not by that much so it didnt seem worth it to me for the hassle.
Any ideas to reduce what goes out? Im thinking I wont be able to work after the new bean gets here in June.......3 in childcare.....whew no thanks!!!
Yay! Congrats! Btw, I think surprise babies are the best. My surprise is my easiest and sweetest.

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #32
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Drags my sorry behind to bed after another 18 hour day.... This must be living like no one else at its finest eh?
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #33
Heather1583
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lensesforeyes

Yay! Congrats! Btw, I think surprise babies are the best. My surprise is my easiest and sweetest.
Congrats!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #34
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread Oct 8 - Oct 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumstoppers View Post
Drags my sorry behind to bed after another 18 hour day.... This must be living like no one else at its finest eh?
I think that is just the life of a WAHM

Last edited by MotherMoonPads; 10-10-2012 at 11:59 AM.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #35
hsleonard
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyeyesmcgee View Post
Alright, I'm joining you ladies as of today. DH and i sat down last night and finally, FINALLY made a budget and figured out where to begin. We have started Dave like three different times and never even gotten to the budget part. Good news is, we both are super motivated and on the same page. Bad news is, we are behind on bills. So...it's catch up time.

Spent the day promoting DH's photography business on FB and updating his blog; a few sessions booked for the holidays would really help is get current. I have some things I can sell (diapers, etc) but I have to find time to photo and list them. And won't DH be surprised that I spent some time today making family cloth so we don't have to buy TP, 'cause we are almost out and we have NO money.

We figured we have about 30K to pay off, but it's mostly one CC (16K) and the rest is a bunch of piddly stuff that we should be able to knock out with snowballing. I'm hoping 1 year, 2 MAX. Our mortgage is only 65K on top of that.

It feels GOOD to have a plan. I feel in control for the first time in a looooong time.
Great job on having a plan, one step at a time you can do it

AFM: I've been sick with step again and haven't been able to do much. THe good new is, we haven't spent any money
I made a huge budget boo boo this month. I thought my SL was taken out on the 15th (so that is the check I have it assigned to) but when I logged into my account today it was taken today. On a brighter note I received my first commission check from the direct sales job I started, so we had the money in the account. Just won't have SB money this week
Thirty-one gifts
Come swag with me!!! I have earned over $100 in amazon gift cards so far
Zycon Foods -"saving money on high-quality food products."
hsleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #36
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

bluecandi~ Sooooo exciting! Congrats!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #37
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kiddos are sick today with snot nose and coughs. Thank goodness hubby didn't use his gas money this week. I was able to run to the store and buy kleenex, juices, milk and jello. I had NO money until Friday. Phew!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #38
Ducko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Money going, going, gone....

Sitting here with a sore mouth after a crown replacement this morning. I now get the pleasure of going back to my old dentist and figuring out his guarantee on his work. Now I get to go argue the cost of the replacement crown because his didn't last, and I really don't want him replacing it. Oh, joy...I left him for a reason, not looking forward to this. But I'm not paying the money for a replacement when it shouldn't have needed replaced.

I also get the pleasure of finally getting my wisdom teeth pulled in two weeks. I've been waiting for this for years. So I'm actually excited to finally get it done. I've always been pregnant or nursing. So lots of money going out this month. Most of it was expected but still I hate paying for things that aren't tangible feels like the money just vanishes.

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray (6/08) and Seth (4/10)
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #39
MamanMoore
Registered Users

My Mood:
Congratulations on the new baby!
And for the dental work. That's never fun.

AFM: I was going to buy jeans, since I ripped my only non-maternity pair on thanksgiving, but I really hate shopping. I was telling my friend about this and she first offers to watch my boys so I could to shopping alone then hen I tell her plan to procrastinate as long as possible she gives me some of her old jeans that don't fit her anymore. So basically, I have the best friends ever! I'm going to either pay her for the pants or give her a thank you gift.
Also DH got a call today that his entry for renaming our towns little thrift store won and he gets an iPad!! I've always wanted one, by would never spend the $$. He's mentioned selling it but I want to keep it. We'll see I guess. Either way, winning is fun!

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 10-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #40
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:

Wow that is sooo cool Maman!!!!