Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #31
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just want to add my voice to say I'm about 99% sure it's the old organics. I had a whole stash of them and they had the dark cotton like that. They also didn't have the Cotton Babies tag. And they were made in the USA. I still have a couple that I can check the wording on. If anything, the dark cotton to me just confirms they are NWOT. They lighten up a lot just during prepping. Honestly, I wouldn't even waste CB's time asking about authenticity.

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #32
Two-under-two
Registered Users

Thank you all, I feel much better hearing so many opinions that think they're just the old organics. I'm going to try and contact the seller to see if they have any additional information as well.
Two-under-two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #33
BunnysMama
Registered Users

Re: Fake BGE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-under-two View Post
I just bought 2 BGE off eBay last week. I'm fairly new to CDing, so didnt even think if "fakes" should be a concern. I got my package yesterday, and there are a couple major differences in comparison to my authentic BGE. I don't have pictures to post, but the first difference is the color of the inner fabric. The two off eBay have tan inner fabric, compared to the off-white of my others. Also, the two off eBay are missing the cotton babies tag that is behind the bumgenius tag. Does anyone know if there are fakes? Is there a different "older" style of BGE's? the only ones I've ever seen before now, have the light cream/off white color inner fabric.
Of Course reading this I had to go look at mine.

They were purchased in 2009 and have been washed at least 75 times and the inner fabric on all three is still the exact color of your blossom (I do have hard water, I have never noticed any discoloration). I do not, however, have two tags, only the one front bumgenius tag, so older ones definintely only have the one tag. Mine says made in the USA.
BunnysMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #34
Two-under-two
Registered Users

I contacted the seller to ask if she knew why they were that color and if she remembers where they were purchased, and she only responded with "they are unbleached organic cotton."
Old 10-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #35
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Have you searched here or googled for info about the tags? I know many were made in Egypt & I had quite a few with different color inners made in Egypt that I bought from Cotton Babies. The darker inners pilled less & were softer IMO. I have heard of FB fakes but never BG fakes.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #36
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree with everyone else - they are just older. I've had BGEs since they were aplix organics years ago. Some were darker and some were lighter.

The Egypt v. US thing was a big thing for a while on this board. Everyone was looking for the ones from Egypt because they cotton was softer and held up better.

Now if this seller has like 1,000 NIP BGEs on EBAY I might be worried - but I would say that you are fine. The color isn't a big deal. That was common back in the day.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #37
Two-under-two
Registered Users

I guess I'm just gonna trust they're real! I paid $28 for 2 aios and a 3.0 pocket with two inserts, so either way I would consider that a deal!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #38
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

If it helps, I've never heard of a counterfeit Bumgenius.
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote