Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #21
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: When did you decide to just call it quits as far as CD'ing?

What about Nana's Bottoms? I know the dry time is slow but this might be a good solution.

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #22
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i've had some similar issues with redness/fit. i also loved the bg freetimes but can't deal with the marks they were leaving. i'm using bgos on him right now but it does still leave some marks. i know from before the two combos that worked for us and no marks were either a bamboo sandies with wcw soaker (very trim actually and pretty reliable) or a disana tie nappy stuffed with a small gmd flat topped with an underwoolies. the tie nappy combo was a little more fluffy but he loved these on, so comfy! i still have a box full of them and have contemplated taking them out but i know i would never get him back into the convenient pockets again if i did
as far as when to give up, i don't know. you could take a mini break and use sposies for a week and see how it goes.

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #23
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we are in the same boat as you, cant find a dipe that works but ds only uses like 3 diapers a day and washing them is dumb because they wont get clean with nothing else in the load and i hate sposies. i am sick of buying diapers and selling them but i want to be able to use them but i think we will be quitting and just use pull on huggies....ick
Old 10-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #24
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: sahmto3boys
seller

My Mood:

I ordered some organic Bum-ware AIOs as a last try. She is going to be making them for me with a softer elastic to see if it is more gentle on his thighs. If they work, I'll be happy but if not then I'll sell them and use the pull on Huggies too. I've been cloth diapering since my now 6 yr old was a year old. I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about going to sposies after 3 kids and being close to potty training. It's just that I hate that sposie smell.

I also bought some iPlay training underwear since they have a waterproof lining in the wetzone to try out too. I'm going to be listing all my diapers for sale and use sposies till my Bum-ware arrive and take it from there.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #25
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvingmy4boys View Post
All too familiar with your struggles too. You want the same thing that I do. I loved prefolds too and the pull on covers and wool. One of my favorite combos but with potty training, it's not very convenient. I think I saw one of your posts talking about underwoolies. How are you liking those? I've thought of those to use over a non waterproof trainer.
yeah for pl'ing pf's wouldnt be very convenient, lol. im loving the underwoolies! they are super trim they are thinner, but work fine for my ds. they get a bit wet and i just leave it out to air dry and reuse later.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #26
Kelly3139
Registered Users
seller

We used Seventh Generation sposies on vacation and I found the smell to be more tolerable than the mainstream brands. I also think their absorbency is good too. I buy them off Amazon bc they tend to be cheaper than in the retail stores here.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #27
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
I packed it all up at 24&26 months with my boys. When we committed to potty trainning, we committed. Lol. Only used trainers for a week and only out of the house, we intentionally stayed home for the most part.. Both trained without much fuss after 3-5 days..
This is pretty much how DS potty trained. He was close to 2 and a half. I put all the diapers up and told him there were no more diapers for him. Let him pick out underwear and that was that. We stayed home for like 4 days. Then we went out and I kept a mini potty in my trunk for a couple months. Then we did away with that. The only snag I ran into was night training. That has been...err...more difficult. I found a couple trainers I like. The stuffable kind seem to work well for nights. We only needed day trainers for a couple wks when going out.

Fwiw, my ds didnt really have any interest in going on the potty. Once he had some successes, he got more into it. But he didnt have those blaringly obvious signals everyone talks about. He would go long stretches then FLOOD his diapers. We had the same issues with fit (he was 32lbs and outgrowing everything). Everything left red marks. BGs were too tight, so i bought thirsties duos...too tight. I tried and tried. I did like large knickernappies but i pretty much had to pay someone to buy them from me and i lost a lot of $$ on those. So in the end i cant say if i shouldve done sposies or not. Idk. I guess not doing sposies helped in a way bc we went from verrrrry bulky cloth to undies and let me tell u---ds was thrilled to be in undies. He acted like he didnt wanna wear em one day so i pulled out a dipe and super stuffed it. He had it on for about 4 seconds before deciding he did want his undies afterall .

U absolutely have to do what is right for u. If its sposies, do it. If its trainers, do that. If its more cloth diapers--U know we will all be there to help u shop
Old 10-11-2012, 08:37 AM   #28
JessB
Registered Users

I agree that the seventh generation diapers smell less, and they are actually my favorites as far as absorbency and containment. I had no leaks with them with ods, and that's more than I can say for any other name brand sposies. That kid could really flood and blow out a diaper!
JessB is offline   Reply With Quote