Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 AM   #31
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Not diapers, but I just bought a boba wrap! We used an ergo with the infant insert with DS and he hated it. I am hoping the next one likes the wrap because I am sure DS will be as busy as ever!

Advertisement

RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #32
Janelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: anyone buying diapers yet??

Has anyone tried the Thirsties DUO AIO? I bought 2 when I was in MI last weekend. They fit 6-18lbs, which I like b/c my babies are average when born (7-8lbs) but grow SO fast. So I am hoping these will work well and fit longer than just nb diapers.
I also bought a Rumparooz one size pocket b/c I haven't tried them yet, so now I have 2 xs thirsties covers, the 2 AIOs, and a one size pocket. Still have a long way to go!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #33
Janelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Not diapers, but I just bought a boba wrap! We used an ergo with the infant insert with DS and he hated it. I am hoping the next one likes the wrap because I am sure DS will be as busy as ever!
I am wanting a new Mei Tai...I have used the same one through 3 of my kiddos and it is getting pretty faded...
Old 10-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #34
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I might look around (FSOT and we have a "baby boutique" in town) for a new wrap. I have a wombfruit wrap, used it with Levi - it was all right, but I think I'd prefer a knit one. I know (or at least it seems) that you can't use them as long, when baby gets bigger/heavier the wrap stretches too much, but by that point I would be using my babyhawk anyways. I just didn't like that this wrap you have to wrap/tie on with baby in there too. I think I'd like one where I can get it tied on nice and comfy, then tuck baby in, kwim?

I also have a ring sling that I've had and used with all the boys - it! But DH and I both noticed that I was able to be even more "hands-free" with the wrap, which is nice for groceries and some things. Never getting rid of that sling though.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #35
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

can anyone tell me if the meconium stains or takes extra effort to get out?

like mentioned previously, we used disposables to 6weeks with DD and so I'm not sure. A lot of people talk about getting past that stage before moving to cloth, but I don't know why.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #36
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange

like mentioned previously, we used disposables to 6weeks with DD and so I'm not sure. A lot of people talk about getting past that stage before moving to cloth, but I don't know why.
I've read both that it stains, and that it didn't. Personally, I'm not concerned about staining as long as they get clean... I might go ahead and use a disposable liner with newborn dipes i plan on selling, though. We did disposables for the first month or so as well last time.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #37
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

The person I bought mine from used cloth from diaper #1 on and there are no stains at all. She may have used a liner, but I seriously doubt it.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #38
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

thanks

I'm not overly concerned with stains - although my diapers look pretty much perfect still after 2 years, so I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be a bit disappointed

I just wasn't sure if staining was the 'big issue' for some or if it was something else.

I honestly don't remember a lot of meconium problems. I remember reading that I'd want baby oil to help get it off the baby's butt and I brought it, but I don't think we ever had to use it.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #39
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never had mec stain (cd'ed DS2&3 from birth) in any diaper.
Breastmilk poop... that's a whole different story! But I've never bothered with liners, it suns out like magic!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #40
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post

I cd'd DS from day 1 (he's never worn a sposie) & I did not find that it stained. Now toddler poop that stains