Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #41
momanderson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tips for Helping Baby Drop?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson_mommy View Post
No, Dr Zeman isn't delivering anymore (which made things very interesting a few weeks ago when Waja was called to Africa on family emergency for 3 weeks, and Wong was still on holidays for a week!). I have Waja. He's very nice, but his waiting times are ridiculous!! I was so excited to be outta there in 1.5hrs on Tues because most appts have been 6-8hrs!! I was a little ticked with him though b/c he didnt do a sweep, or even a check, this last appt (already overdue!) and said we'd just wait for the induction on Sunday!

Are you delivering at NBGH again? They have just redone all the rooms with private rooms, a/c & a cot for the daddy! My friend delivered in Nov & they've redone them since then. She's jealous! LOL

I've been walking lots. I'm going to the mall this afternoon to walk a bit more & then probably swimming again tonight. We went down to the waterfront last night & swam & it was the best feeling! haha I was hoping it would be enough, but no such luck! Soon... I'm hoping before Sunday!

Hopefully walking in the a/c mall will help a bit! Swimming would be so nice about now, too

Dr. Waja was my ob with the first 3, but not the last I think he is a great doctor. I will hopefully see him this time as well. I have already talked about it with my family doctor. They will make my referal at my next appointment.

I had heard that the rooms were different now. It will be nice not to have to move around from room to room after giving birth! I imagine there would be a lot more room to move around to. I remember after having #3 dd being in a ward room. The baby cribs litteraly were touching through the curtains that went between the beds!

Best of luck with your delivery

Advertisement

Old 07-26-2007, 08:50 PM   #42
BearBumsBoutique
Registered Users
Formerly: johnson_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momanderson View Post
Hopefully walking in the a/c mall will help a bit! Swimming would be so nice about now, too

Dr. Waja was my ob with the first 3, but not the last I think he is a great doctor. I will hopefully see him this time as well. I have already talked about it with my family doctor. They will make my referal at my next appointment.

I had heard that the rooms were different now. It will be nice not to have to move around from room to room after giving birth! I imagine there would be a lot more room to move around to. I remember after having #3 dd being in a ward room. The baby cribs litteraly were touching through the curtains that went between the beds!

Best of luck with your delivery

Well, the mall was nice, and the swimming was nice, but still nothing! grrr...

Wow... I can't imagine having cribs in with those ward rooms - that must have been crowded! I'm very excited to have a whle private room - and they all have their own attached bathrooms with showers, which will be very nice! There is lots of room, and the baby rooms in with you (unless there are problems). Are you planning to do the hospital class/tour they offer? You'd get the see the rooms (although I imagine the rest would be pretty redundant for you!).

I do love Dr Waja, but I don't love his wait times! I have heard that he is the best though (although that isn't from experience & they each have their stories).

Thanks & please keep in touch! I'd love to hear how the rest of your pgcy & delivery go too!
BearBumsBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:06 PM   #43
BearBumsBoutique
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tips for Helping Baby Drop?!?! Update!

Hi Girls!

Just wanted to update with news.... we welcomed Alexander into this world on July 30th! Unfortunately it was via c/s, BUT it turns out it was b/c his arm was stuck in my pelvic bone. He came out with it all purple & black. Had we kept trying much more, he probably wouldn't have got out in one piece!

Thank you all for the ideas & support during my last week pg! It really helped! GL to all the mamas who are still pg & I hope those who have had theirs recently are doing well!

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2007, 04:26 PM   #44
nikkiof5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinflame13 View Post
Just an FYI. . . C - sections are not a family thing (at least not in my family). My mom had 4 C-Section girls -- 2 of us wouldn't move into the birth canal and the other 2, they wouldn't let her try. 2 of us now have children. DD#1 was born vaginally. My neice was born vaginally and this baby I am sure will be born vaginally as well. Everyone says I look just like my mom and I could do a natural birth and she couldn't. So please don't worry that having to have a c section is a genetics/family thing.
I agree. My mom had 4 c/s and my babies literally just pop out
None of my 5 babies so far has dropped significantly until I was in labor and my labors are FAST!!! Just keep in mind that an induction will be a much more intense delivery. My grama used to say "When baby is done, baby will come". Try to be patient.

ETA-OOPS! I now see that he has arrived!
CONGRATS MOMMA!!!
nikkiof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:03 PM   #45
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tips for Helping Baby Drop?!?! Update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson_mommy View Post
Hi Girls!

Just wanted to update with news.... we welcomed Alexander into this world on July 30th! Unfortunately it was via c/s, BUT it turns out it was b/c his arm was stuck in my pelvic bone. He came out with it all purple & black. Had we kept trying much more, he probably wouldn't have got out in one piece!

Thank you all for the ideas & support during my last week pg! It really helped! GL to all the mamas who are still pg & I hope those who have had theirs recently are doing well!

Thanks!
Well, the important thing is to have a healthy baby whatever it takes. I am glad Alexander has made his grand entrance and I am glad that he was able to pick his birthday. Congrats mama. I hope you post your birth story soon. If you already have, I would love a linky to it.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:09 PM   #46
BearBumsBoutique
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Girls,

Here is the link for the birth story & some pics of my little Alexander!

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1579445#post1579445

Hope you enjoy! Thanks for the support!!