Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #11
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Another wwyd about school...(kids not college)

I'm not even sure what to say. I didn't even know they could still paddle in school. They forced your child to fail a grade even though she should actually be ahead a grade? I'm religious so I'm trying to imagine how I'd feel if someone was preaching to my kids about a different religion. I don't know if that would upset me too much. I might use it as a teaching experience on other religions, what people believe and how to respond in a way that is kind but says you're not interested. It'd depend on the child though, their age and what she was saying. If she was telling them they're going to burn in hell or something, I'd be mad. She shouldn't be coming to your house though to try to witness to you. That's overstepping her bounds. I'd be upset about that.
Your daughter doing poorly is a big red flag. I'd pull them out and try a new school. It could have detrimental effects for the rest of her life.

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
basMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm sorry I was unaware it was still legal to paddle in u.s schools?
You need to find a new school ASAP. Those are two big things that should not be happening. That is one creepy lunch lady and I am really in shock about the paddling.
basMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #13
Foolalex
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered Mama

In some states, it is!
Alabama Arizona Arkansas Colorado Florida Georgia Idaho Indiana Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Mississippi Missouri North Carolina Oklahoma South Carolina Tennessee Texas Wyoming
I'm curious where it says these states can do that.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #14
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered Mama View Post
In some states, it is!
Alabama Arizona Arkansas Colorado Florida Georgia Idaho Indiana Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Mississippi Missouri North Carolina Oklahoma South Carolina Tennessee Texas Wyoming
oh.my.god. Thats almost half the country. How is CPS not all over that???? If someone else hit my child, they would be in court for assault. I would be challenging that law on a national level if I could take it that far. I understand that some parents spank and I have a few friends who do as well, but it is NEVER OK for someone else to choose a discipline method for my children when it involves violence! That's just insane! Even if we did spank, I just can't imagine laying on hands on someone else's child!
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #15
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmoni247

oh.my.god. Thats almost half the country. How is CPS not all over that???? If someone else hit my child, they would be in court for assault. I would be challenging that law on a national level if I could take it that far. I understand that some parents spank and I have a few friends who do as well, but it is NEVER OK for someone else to choose a discipline method for my children when it involves violence! That's just insane! Even if we did spank, I just can't imagine laying on hands on someone else's child!
I live in Louisiana. My son is in pre k and paddling has not come up at all. I did not see it in the guidelines either. I guarantee I'd be putting a stop to that fast. I don't like to fight but when it comes to my babies...
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #16
holly6737
Registered Users
seller
seller

There was paddling at one school I went to as a kid, but it was a private Christian school.

Can they really paddle your kid?! If anyone paddled my kid, I would be going BEZERK! Like crazy woman in your face yelling and screaming a tornado of gnashing teeth and claws bezerk. I mean, WTH? Is this 1951?
Old 10-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #17
VinhThiMom
Vinh Thi Designs
Formerly: chrisnsteph1022
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, they're allowed to paddle in my kids' school (small town TN). I signed a form with 3 options: they were allowed to spank, they needed to call before spanking, or they were not allowed to spank and I would come to school immediately when called (I checked that last box).

VinhThiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSeeking
Am I in some sort of time warp?!
That is what I am wondering too! Or if this is even serious or some serious trolling...
Old 10-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #19
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

We just moved from Alabama last spring. Paddling is still a legal and used in schools there.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #20
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy

That is what I am wondering too! Or if this is even serious or some serious trolling...
I'm so confused by so much. Lol.

New school.. Period.