Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #21
chargerslove
Registered Users

I wish mine were on kid #2 with only one hole! I have 17 and all of them have at least one hole, some are covered in them even though it doesn't effect their use at all. Granted they all get used and washed like 3x a week and go in the dryer two cycles. It must not bother me that much though because I decided on buying a whole new stash of them for this new baby haha.

Mama to Avery (6-4-2010) and our newest love due in December

Advertisement

chargerslove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #22
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

Someone just said that BGE wear much faster than any other cotton they have had.
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #23
raisingthem4Him
Registered Users
seller

Re: BGE worth the $

I have both the OS simplex and the BGE. I love them both, but prefer the simplex because it has greater absorbency. The BGE is SOAKED whenever I change my son. That said, I have more of the BGE because I was able to get some as seconds and have not had luck finding any discounted OS simplex. I do not use BGE for naps or night, but daytime use is fine. The simplex is my favorite "going out" diaper because I know it won't leak for longer outings. Both fit my average build, 30 pound almost two year old very well. Still room to grow a bit too.
raisingthem4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #24
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have 30 or so BGE....they are on their third kiddo and I have a few with tiny holes near the edge. (all bought brand new by me). They are VERY reliable for us. Naps , car, travel etc. I on occasion have added doublers (usually for the kids when they get older and can really flood a diaper)
I wash (3 cycles) and dry (2 cycles) probably once a week (I wash twice but probably only go through half the diapers)
I Use happy heiney "ovals" as doublers...they fit perfect (under the flaps)

and are really trim

My kids have been able to wear any clothing we own with these, and could still wear the same pants with sposies (on occasion) no problem - so really trim

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #25
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

I can't get a decent fit from the BGE's on my daughter, the rolled elastic just fits her strange. That being said, I do have a number of them and love their trimness. But you do have to detatch the front of the soaker, and take the little seam out of the back of the soaker as well - it cuts drying time in half and gets rid of that awkward lump.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #26
raisingthem4Him
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers View Post
I can't get a decent fit from the BGE's on my daughter, the rolled elastic just fits her strange. That being said, I do have a number of them and love their trimness. But you do have to detatch the front of the soaker, and take the little seam out of the back of the soaker as well - it cuts drying time in half and gets rid of that awkward lump.
Any pics to help me figure out exactly where you cut? I am terrified of ruining a diaper or adding holes that weren't there! But I love the idea of having it less "thick" where it's all attached.
raisingthem4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #27
KoalaHuggerz
Registered Users
Formerly: ShowJumperJen
seller

My Mood:

NO they are not worth the price! They run very small, the soaker int very absorbent and the cotton gets holes over time. I suggest a Chelory over a BGE any day!
KoalaHuggerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #28
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerolami19 View Post
Any pics to help me figure out exactly where you cut? I am terrified of ruining a diaper or adding holes that weren't there! But I love the idea of having it less "thick" where it's all attached.
I can upload some tomorrow morning, Lulu finally went to sleep and I don't want to dig around for a dipe and wake her. It was super easy to detach, and now everything just works so much better, the soaker lays nice and flat
Old 10-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #29
mamaspice
Registered Users

I love ours! I got some of them gently used for $15 from CB, so that was very nice!

I don't love our Grovia aios quite as much- they don't fit as nicely on my chunky girl with a tall rise. They also have wear holes where my BGE's do not.

Other (more affordable) cotton inner options besides what has been mentioned are the Osocozy ais and Nana's Bottoms for sized diapers.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #30
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers

I can upload some tomorrow morning, Lulu finally went to sleep and I don't want to dig around for a dipe and wake her. It was super easy to detach, and now everything just works so much better, the soaker lays nice and flat
I detached the front as well and I'm much more happy about the fit and the drying time too. No holes in fabric as long as you use a seam ripper.
firststella is offline   Reply With Quote