Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #11
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I win!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycass View Post
So exciting, maybe you'll have a little chunker I loved having a bigger baby(my 3rd), she was 8 days past EDD.
I'm actually a little sad this baby might be big. I have a lot of NB or even preemie clothes that he won't get to wear from my 2 sets of twins. Plus, I'm honestly a little scared of pushing out a big baby. My others were all on the smaller side because of being twins and early. My first was 7lbs 4oz, so average, but at 39+2. I think this baby will be bigger. I'm sure he will be very cute no matter his size, but I wish he would be able to wear all the cute NB stuff I have.

Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #12
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAsh View Post
I went to 38 and 1 with Baby #3 after having 34 and 35 weekers, so I know how you feel! It's the Looooooooooongest couple weeks of your life!! Congrats on full term because that really is awesome and hope you are laboring soon!!
Thanks! I am very glad to not be having a preemie. I know things can still happen, but I'm not worried about the NICU or him having preemie nursing issues because the risk is so much lower. It is nice not to worry about that stuff.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #13
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
I'm actually a little sad this baby might be big. I have a lot of NB or even preemie clothes that he won't get to wear from my 2 sets of twins. Plus, I'm honestly a little scared of pushing out a big baby. My others were all on the smaller side because of being twins and early. My first was 7lbs 4oz, so average, but at 39+2. I think this baby will be bigger. I'm sure he will be very cute no matter his size, but I wish he would be able to wear all the cute NB stuff I have.
My 8lb10oz baby was able to wear NB clothes for a couple weeks. Maybe you'll get the best of both worlds Let us know when your LO decides to show him/herself

Last edited by mommycass; 10-11-2012 at 08:37 AM.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #14
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycass View Post
My 8lb10oz baby was able to wear NB clothes for a couple weeks. Maybe you'll get the best of both worlds Let us know when your LO decides to show him/herself
Thanks. I'm hoping that's what will happen. My biggest reason for thinking they won't fit is because they have already been used 2x's. So, they are probably a little shrunk, KMIM? But, I have cute 0-3 mos also. He'll be perfect and adorable to us no matter what his size.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #15
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
I don't know if this is any consolation, but my 9lb3oz baby wasn't really that hard to push out. He was out in about 4 or 5 contractions, and stuck for 2 of those. Probably about 10 mins of pushing at most.

My first was 7lbs4oz and took 20-30 mins pushing. My third was 7lbs8oz and took about 10-15 mins pushing.

So, big babies can be easy to push out sometimes.

I hope you can relax. I know how frustrating it is to be pg when you don't want to be. (you'll be reading my own "I'm STILL pregnant" posts in March! LOL) But, if you can find the peace you need to calm your soul down, it might be JUST what you need to send you into labor.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #16
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
I don't know if this is any consolation, but my 9lb3oz baby wasn't really that hard to push out. He was out in about 4 or 5 contractions, and stuck for 2 of those. Probably about 10 mins of pushing at most.

My first was 7lbs4oz and took 20-30 mins pushing. My third was 7lbs8oz and took about 10-15 mins pushing.

So, big babies can be easy to push out sometimes.

I hope you can relax. I know how frustrating it is to be pg when you don't want to be. (you'll be reading my own "I'm STILL pregnant" posts in March! LOL) But, if you can find the peace you need to calm your soul down, it might be JUST what you need to send you into labor.
Thanks. I'm glad to hear you didn't have an issue with your bigger baby. I do think this baby will be at least close to 9lbs and likely over. At first I was worried about the size. Now, it's in the back of my mind, but I'm not worried about it really. My body has done quite a bit at this point. So, I'm just not concerned.

I actually am pretty relaxed. I am whining about still being pregnant and the contractions anny me (plus, my mom leaving the country in a few days). I definitely have my moments. Yesterday, I had a bad attitude most of the day even though it would have been a really bad day for me to go into labor. But, really, overall I'm pretty relaxed and calm about it even though I'm sure it doesn't come through that way.

When you are ready to complain, I'll try to be the great support you have been for me. Thanks!