Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #841
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL Oct 7-13 *Knit the funk away!*

her eyes don't give the "sign" of downs in her pictures KWIM.

oh and with milestones. Emily never reached hers ontime. She did have a 1:30 chance of downs at our screening at 13wks. But they didn't see any markers at her 20wk u/s so they said our chance jumped up to like 1:500 or so. But she had horrible neck muscles and always tilted her head to the side when sitting up. She couldn't sit up unassisted until almost a year old.

Alaina is a beautiful baby and I know she will be loved no matter what

I'm wondering if she doesn't like "loving" because of her birthmom? Wonder if she talked to her or cradled her belly, or rocked...etc? Alaina probably had to figure out self soothing in utero and that's what she's going with.

Advertisement

Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #842
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Today would be an awesome day to have a baby

10.11.12 (maybe my nephew will get the memo...but that would put him 19 days early...Steven was 12 days early and okay)
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #843
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom

oh and with milestones. Emily never reached hers ontime. She did have a 1:30 chance of downs at our screening at 13wks. But they didn't see any markers at her 20wk u/s so they said our chance jumped up to like 1:500 or so. But she had horrible neck muscles and always tilted her head to the side when sitting up. She couldn't sit up unassisted until almost a year old.

I'm wondering if she doesn't like "loving" because of her birthmom? Wonder if she talked to her or cradled her belly, or rocked...etc? Alaina probably had to figure out self soothing in utero and that's what she's going with.
Her birth mom has major attachment issues. (the rest is edited out)

Last edited by HookedByCarolyn; 10-11-2012 at 10:06 AM.
HookedByCarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #844
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

she will turn around (hopefully) and realize that you are a wonderful mommy and that she is in a great family
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #845
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks. And I think I might edit that. I don't want it floating around cyber space. :/
Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #846
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post

I sort of wonder this too, like I believe that babies can feel your emotions in Utero. I think it also affects them. Like my Abrie, It was a suoer awful stressful time in my life and she is very anxious, emotional, sensitive, while Anna who I was just in love with from the start, the whole idea, I knew it was all going to be ok and just was in a different place in my life, she is much more easy going, less needy, lovey, but not overly sensitive. So I wonder if she could sense any negative or a lack there of feelings in utero? Who knows, it may have nothing to do with it, but it could.

((HUGS)) Carolyn. Im hoping all turns out to be ok. She is a beautiful baby regardless and looks super sweet. I know that she will bring you all the joy in the world regardless, it still stinks to worry about things like this as a parent. It tears you up.

Last edited by clothdiapercrunchy; 10-11-2012 at 10:16 AM.
clothdiapercrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #847
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
Today would be an awesome day to have a baby

10.11.12 (maybe my nephew will get the memo...but that would put him 19 days early...Steven was 12 days early and okay)
It would be. I'll tell my sister in law she missed a great date to have a kid. Niece was born 27ish days early and is fine. I get to go see her tonight too. Making that apple crisp recipe Fi linked earlier this week for dinner.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #848
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I didn't do any of that... I guess as a little one, B really preferred and still does prefer much alone time.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #849
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post
I didn't do any of that... I guess as a little one, B really preferred and still does prefer much alone time.
Anna is much more likely to spend time alone and able to entertain herself, She also likes to walk alone and not hold a hand or sit in a stroller, where as my 5 year old loves the stroller and all the holding and attention you'll give, lol kind of backwards. Abrielle didnt cosleep she HATED being with me as a baby. She hated being held and nursed too. She had alot of tummy issues though so who knows.

BTW, your little girl is so cute! She looks alot like my Annalise, who was looking at the computer when I came across your post on her Bday and she goes, "Awww that little girl is so cute mama she looks like me!" LOL It was cute.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #850
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
I would love some of your blood. Rb asked if he could do a live donation but he is not cleared to donate at all so even if they could have done it, like if they had time to screen him, I don't think they would've let him. He is O+, I am B+. Our kids have BO.

Really though, I am pretty miserable. I can't shed this awesome iron lollipop taste in my mouth and I am sooo lethargic and just can't get my mind to do what I need it to do. I have to have help walking and I am having such a hard time making myself eat. I did have a root beer float and some hot chai but I couldn't finish either so idk how much of my lethargy is from not eating or from anemia or psychological. Hard to say.

I am going back in tomorrow for labs to track my levels down to 0 and I will see how I feel and will probably talk to my dr.
I think I'm actually B+ too, but it probably would be bad if I shared my blood right now since I can't even walk across the house without things going black and spinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081 View Post
Oooh, guess what?! I finished the knitting on my HH! I've just gotta do the tassels!
Hooray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
I'm alive. Pickle juice and chicken broth are keeping me going.
What's everyone doing today?

Carolyn, I don't see anything wrong with A. Some kids are stronger than others, and if birth mom wasn't taking care of herself, she may have some nutrient deficits she's compensating for now? Pixie hated everyone but me at first, and she was an advanced baby otherwise. Like she freaked out if even DH held her. I couldn't even pee alone without a massive meltdown for the first several months of her life. She is getting over it just now.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote