Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #301
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76
I do sweet n low and no sugar creamer. I like it. I need my coffee to be like coffee candy for me to drink it.

Lately ds (20mo) has been wanting only soy milk. Hardly any food, just milk. And he was my foodie baby.
I have lost more weight by avoiding the "low cal" sugars then I was before.

At 20 months M switched to wanting to drink her milk rather than eat. If she goes through 3 days of not really eating that when I break out the pedisure or carnation breakfast.

Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #302
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have issues with real sugar. If i have a little, i want more and i break out like crazy.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #303
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge October thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinflame13 View Post
Well, the 4 kids help lol.
True - we have 4, but the teen is gone early and eats cereal. The 4 yr old does not like them and one is 6 months old. So it is just us and the 3 yr old and I limit DH due to his cholesterol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmofthree View Post
We got through about 4-5 dozen a week . Thus the reason why we have our own chickens! I eat them for snacks, plus the kids LOVE them too so we go through a ton!

Oh, and about the coffee, I used to not be able to drink it without tons of cream and sugar or flavoured creamer. When I started trying to lose weight, I changed to a splash of milk instead, no sugar. It took a couple days, but I got used to it and now I prefer it. If I do add sugar, it tastes too sweet to me now.
I like mine sweet, but can drink it black as long as I have it....LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
I do sweet n low and no sugar creamer. I like it. I need my coffee to be like coffee candy for me to drink it.

Lately ds (20mo) has been wanting only soy milk. Hardly any food, just milk. And he was my foodie baby.
My kids go through that at times, even my foodie child.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #304
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinflame13 View Post
I reweighed today and I'm down another lb probably because I read this thread yesterday and learned you're supposed to weigh in the morning post potty, pre eating but at least I've learned something already
I weighed yesterday after exercising. I weighed this morning after potty and before b'fast and I weighed 4 lbs. MORE this morning than yesterday. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
y'all need some chickens. I do lose more weight when I'm eating eggs for breakfast as well, for some stupid reason I never thought of hardboiling them for snacks, duh! What a great idea!
Hi Liz! We had chickens when I was a teenager and my mom made me help peel the hardboiled eggs and I HATED it. They were so much harder to peel than store bought eggs and they never looked nice. They tasted good, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
I have lost more weight by avoiding the "low cal" sugars then I was before.
The low cal sweeteners will still make you crave sweet things. My DH will drink a diet soda, then go eat 3 donuts.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #305
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I thought it was only aspartame that made you crave more sweets?
Old 10-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #306
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

At least your kids will drink milk. Mine will not drink it at all. THey will only drink Powerade, G2, and some orange juice.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #307
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
I thought it was only aspartame that made you crave more sweets?
I thought it was just the sweet taste that make us crave more sweets. After all, sugar will create cravings.

Here's a paragraph out of an article I found on MSNBC:

The American Dietetic Association says there's no conclusive evidence that diet sodas directly cause weight gain, but at least one expert believes an artificial sweetener habit may overstimulate our taste receptors for sweetness. Dr. David Ludwig, director of the Optimal Weight for Life Program at Children’s Hospital in Boston, cites animal studies that suggest consuming diet drinks alone (not with food) can confuse or disrupt the body’s ability to determine calorie content based on sweetness. As a result, the hyped-up sugar receptors could increase hunger and food intake, and contribute to weight gain. People would crave more high-calorie sweet foods and fewer healthful, less sweet foods , such as fruits, vegetables, and legumes.

And from LiveStrong.com:
Misconceptions

If you seek to cut out sugar, eliminating cookies, cakes and candy may not be enough. Manufacturers add sugar to all sorts of products, from bread to salad dressings--so read food labels carefully. Artificial sweeteners may offer you a sweet taste with little or no calories, but they do little to curb your cravings. A 2004 study at Purdue University showed that artificial sweeteners may disrupt the body's ability to count calories, setting you up to consume more calories overall. Also, because artificial sweeteners exhibit sweetness hundreds of times more intense than sugar, they may cause you to crave sweeter and sweeter products.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #308
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

That makes a lot of sense about the sweeteners. I know that when I've done South beach before the lack of sugar for those first two weeks completely killed my desire and taste for it. I cut out soda a few weeks ago and I'm really proud of that because it was VERY hard. Dh and I could drink 4-5 a day, each before. If I drink my coffee, I don't crave them. I am like a pp that said she needs her coffee sweet to drink it though. I really enjoy the taste of coffee, I'm not someone that just drinks it for the caffeine (though that is a big plus LOL). I remember drinking another sweetener last time I was dieting that was good, I need to look up the website and figure out which one it was. It was a sample from a sugar company.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #309
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltedKingdom View Post

Hi Liz! We had chickens when I was a teenager and my mom made me help peel the hardboiled eggs and I HATED it. They were so much harder to peel than store bought eggs and they never looked nice. They tasted good, though
It's best to use old eggs for hard boiling. The reason the store bought are easier to peel is because they having been sitting in a fridge for who knows how long . I just made some and used the eggs we had had in there for about a month and they were really easy to peel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
That makes a lot of sense about the sweeteners. I know that when I've done South beach before the lack of sugar for those first two weeks completely killed my desire and taste for it. I cut out soda a few weeks ago and I'm really proud of that because it was VERY hard. Dh and I could drink 4-5 a day, each before. If I drink my coffee, I don't crave them. I am like a pp that said she needs her coffee sweet to drink it though. I really enjoy the taste of coffee, I'm not someone that just drinks it for the caffeine (though that is a big plus LOL). I remember drinking another sweetener last time I was dieting that was good, I need to look up the website and figure out which one it was. It was a sample from a sugar company.
I love coffee too..I can drink it decaf, it's all about the flavor. I went from using 6 big spoonfuls of sugar in a pot of coffee when this group started to 3 packets stevia. I'm so proud of myself . I still use regular milk though. I cut out soda a couple months ago too and now it doesn't even taste that good to me. I didn't think I'd ever be able to do that!
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #310
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

My nonfoodie 4 yr old was determined to eat a frozen french fry and he liked it. Now to get him to eat other things like that. He did eat carrots today at school and some raisens.