Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #21
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: How do gymbucks and the coupons work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyKakes View Post
For long sleeve shirts I would pay $5-$6 ($7 would be pushing it for me - I would have to LOVE it). For summer shirts around $3-$4. I see a few summer clothes around that price point right now online. If you need a gymbo code, sign up to receive emails on the website - you will get a code for 10% off plus free ship on $50.
PS - for fancier tops like polos, sweaters or button down, I would pay a little more.
Okay, I signed up but the 10% off code is for a period in december. By then they probly won't have this clearance going on anymore, right? So do I get the stuff now or wait for december?

This is what drives me nuts about gymboree. I love their clothes, but I feel like I have to devote way too much time online to get the good deals. I passionately hate shopping, so this is not a fun game to me like some, it is a huge headache. Am I doing it wrong?

Advertisement

Melinda29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #22
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just used my Gymbucks, and got DS 2 l/s shirts for $5-6 each and the holiday fair isle sweater dress for $15. As long as I pay less than half of the MSRP I feel like I'm doing well.

The problem with waiting too long on the sale items is that they run out of sizes, so if you really like something I'd grab it before the size you need is gone!

*Ok, I just checked the clearance and the prices have dropped for the first time in a few months, so if you're looking at the clearance summer stuff I'd get it now! *

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #23
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Can I use a coupon and still EARN gymbucks? I understand I can't redeem gymbucks and use a coupon.
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #24
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988
Can I use a coupon and still EARN gymbucks? I understand I can't redeem gymbucks and use a coupon.
Yes.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #25
BabyKakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29 View Post
Okay, I signed up but the 10% off code is for a period in december. By then they probly won't have this clearance going on anymore, right? So do I get the stuff now or wait for december?

This is what drives me nuts about gymboree. I love their clothes, but I feel like I have to devote way too much time online to get the good deals. I passionately hate shopping, so this is not a fun game to me like some, it is a huge headache. Am I doing it wrong?
wow, they must have changed it recently. I signed up for the code a few weeks ago and used it immediately.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #26
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Okay, so after liking the prices online, I decided to go in the store. Ibought 22 items for $50.02+tax I was scrambling through the clearance to add enough to get gymbucks lol. I used a 20% off code from parents mag, so I picked through all the 50% off items, and got better deals than consignment. I'm gonna hit up the consignment sale next week for jeans and long sleeves for this winter, but otherwise we are just about done clothes shopping until winter 2013 (and we'll be in coastal Italy by then, so I imagine it doesn't get as chilly as here).

Not sure if this pic will work...

Old 10-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #27
ambieone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988 View Post
Okay, so after liking the prices online, I decided to go in the store. Ibought 22 items for $50.02+tax I was scrambling through the clearance to add enough to get gymbucks lol. I used a 20% off code from parents mag, so I picked through all the 50% off items, and got better deals than consignment. I'm gonna hit up the consignment sale next week for jeans and long sleeves for this winter, but otherwise we are just about done clothes shopping until winter 2013 (and we'll be in coastal Italy by then, so I imagine it doesn't get as chilly as here).

Not sure if this pic will work...

Thats awsome! I did the same thing when I had gymbucks. I walked out with about 20 items. I will only buy gymbo on clearance. There is no way I will pay full price because they are so expensive.

Oh, you can now redeem gymbucks at outlets too! You used to not be able to but they changed it at the end of the summer.
ambieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #28
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh dear...that clearance sale is going to get me in trouble along with my 20% off coupon.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #29
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbailey89 View Post
Oh dear...that clearance sale is going to get me in trouble along with my 20% off coupon.
My store was pretty picked through in the 12m+ sizes. There was a lot with extra 25% off, but everything that had an extra 50% off was nearly gone. Well, boys at least. There was considerably more girl items, but IDK how those prices and variety were.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #30
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988

My store was pretty picked through in the 12m+ sizes. There was a lot with extra 25% off, but everything that had an extra 50% off was nearly gone. Well, boys at least. There was considerably more girl items, but IDK how those prices and variety were.
They always have more girls than boys. You said you are in Tacoma, right? That's my favorite store, but then again, I only have one boy and soon to be four girls.