Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #201
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone actually LIKE being a WOHM?

Today I hate being a WOHM. Yesterday DH was very sick so I had to stay home because he wasn't in any condition to watch DS. It was such a pleasure to wake up DS and get him ready for kindergarten. It made me sad to realize all the little things I miss out on, like getting his breakfast ready for him, giving him a quick shower, dressing him and dropping him off at school. Crossing the cross walk with the crossing guard telling us "Hello!" was something I miss out on 5x a week. And then waiting for him to come home, jump off the bus, and greet me with a huge smile.... *sigh*

DS actually went to bed crying last night when I told him that I had to go back to work today and wouldn't see him until dinner time. It's just so hard sometimes. And it was a slap in the face again when the teacher sent him home with a flyer inviting me to their "Parent's Cafe" which only occurs while I'm at work. Since I work so far from home, the boss wouldn't be excited about the idea of me taking that much time off of work. *double sigh*

Advertisement

keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #202
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I'm at the point where I am torn. I WANT to work but I don't want to leave my baby. I have been doing a call center pt in the evenings but it's a pain since we don't get 'family time' it is either just dp and the kids home or just me and the littles. I wish I could work part time during the day. I think come fall I will be trying hard for a 'real' job but I am going to have a really hard time.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #203
Jstuke
Registered Users

My Mood:

I plan to be a WOHM, and thanks for this discussion. I'm going to love my baby, but I love my work too, and wouldn't be myself or the parent I want to be without it.
Jstuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:33 AM   #204
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

I answered this before but want to say again, no, I do not like being a WOHM. Not because I don't like my job-well-this year has been difficult-but because I HATE being away from my little ones.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #205
Nangirl17
Registered Users
seller

I WOH and I love it. I took the full 1yr maternity leave and by the end I was a little bonkers!! My work means a lot to me and I feel that I provide a valuable service to the families that I work with.....lots of reward for me in my job!
My dh cut his work hours to 3 days/week so ds only has to go to the babysitters for those days. A nice balance for us.
Of course there is the occasional day that I don't really get to see ds, and that really stinks, and my house is more messy than I would like, but overall it is working for us.
Nangirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #206
Nangirl17
Registered Users
seller

I WOH and I love it. I took the full 1yr maternity leave and by the end I was a little bonkers!! My work means a lot to me and I feel that I provide a valuable service to the families that I work with.....lots of reward for me in my job!
My dh cut his work hours to 3 days/week so ds only has to go to the babysitters for those days. A nice balance for us.
Of course there is the occasional day that I don't really get to see ds, and that really stinks, and my house is more messy than I would like, but overall it is working for us.
Nangirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #207
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm definitely not passionate about my job, but I do like what I do. I like going to work every day, having adult conversations (something I REALLY missed while on maternity leave), and earning money for our household.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably choose a different career (something I'm passionate about) but I can't imagine ever being a SAHM. I'm not cut out for it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my DD but I was ready to go back to work after being home with her for 10 weeks.
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #208
MommaMal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I do! I love my kids but it is nice to get out of the house. My current job is heart wrenching but they are also some great outcomes. On some days I want to just go and hold my girls tight.

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."-Janis Joplin
MommaMal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #209
Chibirsd
Registered Users
seller

I hate working full time. I'm a nurse and when I go to work it is incredibly stressful. Then on my days of I have to take care of my son, plus keep the house tidy and food cooked. I'm constantly exhausted and would love to stay home more then anything. I hate when sahm Complain about they have never a day off and.... Um hello ? Neither do the wohms. They have it harder. I feel like I work 3 full time jobs between my real job being a mom and a housekeeper. It's rough and I Doubt I'll be able to handle another child any time soon.

Lindsey - RN wishing to be a SAHM. mom to the cutest DS born 10/3/11.
Chibirsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #210
sharper87
Registered Users
seller

If I actually had a job I loved, I would be happy being a part-time WOHM. I think it must have something to do with how much you wanted that job, how much time you spent being educated for that job, whether that job is right for you, etc. I can tell you as a full-time SAHM, I would hate to work one of the jobs that are available to me, since I have very little relevant education to what I actually wanted to do. I cannot see myself being happy flipping burgers or working in some random store or office. I am not cut out to do that; my cup of tea would be working for a newspaper or publishing company or perhaps making art and selling it, writing books, etc. Big dreams I know, but right now my only option is being a SAHM. OK, I did have a choice to work a job I hated, but it was a no-brainer to stay at home with my baby. And I don't know, even if I had one of my dream jobs, I don't think I could leave my kids all day before they are in school. I think if I *had* to work full-time, I would be pretty resentful of my job.
sharper87 is offline   Reply With Quote