Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #41
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Another wwyd about school...(kids not college)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrnmomto3 View Post
So I looked in the handbook and it says unless its an immediate dire need they should do a parent teacher conference or other less strategic things first...so why didn't they? First step was no recess...she has 2 and got both...I don't get this. Says if I don't allow corporal punishment then the alternative is in school suspension or out of school suspension.

We probally don't have magnet schools here our school district is sooooooooo broke because they buy state of the art football equiptment and hope to have left over or donations for education...true story at least at smithville where I live. I'm considering switching to hatley which has a crappy sports league but has awesome academics!!! Ill gladly swap good football/bad education for bad football/great education in a heartbeat. But I have to wait...they are doing 9 weeks test this week and report cards come out on the 17th...
Yeah last year my 2nd grader was in her first year of 2nd grade and the teacher literally told her and us she would fail all year!!! So she kinda stopped trying...unless I kept telling her to prove the crazy teacher wrong...she told us and her dr that brylei didn't make friend easy because she was weird and only wanted to read and was too friendly...go figure...
i think it's definitely worth it to switch to the better school system. They can still see their friends on weekends. When I switched a couple different times it made all the difference. Gosh that so frustrating having to deal with teachers like that!

Advertisement

And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #42
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

wow...I would get a lawyer and sue the crap out of that school. How barbaric of them! Plus, you specifically stated that they are not to spank your child without your permission. I am not against spanking in certain situations but I am the one to decide that and carry it out. NO ONE has the right to touch my child in a violent way! That is what detention and suspension are for. Do your children a favor and pull them out of this school. Not only are they barbaric but they obviously do not care about your child's education. Telling her that she will fail and then holding her back for no good reason, not to mention spending all their funding on FOOTBALL! Are you KIDDING me? FOOTBALL! Who the heck cares about stinking football? I don't send my kids to school to play football, I send them there for a proper education! Freaking rediculous! Ugh, and this is a public school? I would definitely get a lawyer about the spanking AND to bring to attention their horrible misuse of funds. Shut this crap hole down! And the lunch lady...I am a christian but I would be upset if someone was preaching to my children in an innappropriate place like school. There is a time and a place for everything and school is not the place to learn about Jesus. Plus, her beliefs and your beliefs may not line up and she has no way to know if they would so how dare she presume to "educate" your children! Now the fact that she dug up your personal address and actually came to your house to bring your children to church...wow...that has to be all kinds of illegal and I am sure she could get fired for using your personal information for unofficial business. I would also point that lawyer right at her and see what he could do about that situation as well. I don't care if she thinks she is doing something good, it is NOT her place!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #43
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After 9 weeks tests this week are over I plan to jerk my kids and tell them exactly what I think of their "athletic" school...and craptastic teachers!!! And stick them in the other school that cares about kids education not if they are athletes or not! And about their lunchlady they're gonna catch an ear full about too!!! I'm gonna tell them either let me swap or ill bring it to school boards attention and sue them bc its illegal!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #44
NYCVeg
Registered Users
seller

I would get a lawyer. I am not joking. Your child was assaulted by an adult.
NYCVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #45
slyeates
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCVeg
I would get a lawyer. I am not joking. Your child was assaulted by an adult.
This.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #46
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

exactly. I would also bring the lunchlady into my lawsuit as well as the gross misuse of educational funds.