Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
A nice story to share.

As DH and I were pushing, pulling, and carrying our 3.5 yo, 2 yo, and 3 week old across the Chick-Fil-A parking lot, and older gentleman stopped us and said 'You need more kids!' He wasn't being funny - his wife added, 'They're such fun, our daughter has 5 and we love them!'

After all the threads on here about the comments you get with many or so-close-in-age, I thought I'd share a nice one!

I wish I'd had more time to thank him for his wonderful comment before I had to chase down one of the kids....

Advertisement

SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
That's awesome! I feel the same as that couple! <3
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #3
dolphingirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A nice story to share.

That's fantastic! It's so encouraging to hear positive comments. Since having our sixth baby a couple months ago, it seems like we attract a lot of attention (well, we did with five kids, but it's definitely increased!) There's especially something about Costco--we get tons of looks, etc. Anyways, we were in line at the food court last week and an elderly gentleman was standing behind us. After a few minutes he asked, "Are these all yours?!" Once we told him they are, he said "Wow, that's fantastic! You are so lucky!! I have three kids and always wanted more, but my wife said we were done. It is great that you have six!" He then proceeded to ask their ages, exclaim more about how blessed we are, etc. Then last night, we were at an outdoor event and a pair of middle-aged women kept watching us. Finally, one of the ladies asked how many we had, and when I told her six, she said she couldn't imagine having so many kids (but in a nice way). A little while later she came over to me and said, "I just wanted you to know that I think it's wonderful! I hope you didn't take it in the wrong way." Then I could tell she was tearing up, and I was hoping she wouldn't cry! She proceeded to tell me that she has no children because even though she wanted a big family, her husband didn't want any children, so they had no children at all. She just thinks it's wonderful to see large families. (My heart still aches for her. I can't imagine wanting a large family and having no children at all :-(
I feel very blessed that we rarely get negative comments and seem to be getting more positive comments than ever before.

Last edited by dolphingirl; 09-29-2012 at 11:28 PM.
dolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
TamberlyRN
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That is nice! We stopped at a gas station while on a ten hour road trip and an older gentlemen held the door for us, smiled huge, and said, "Beautiful family! Keep it growing!!". I found it particularly funny since dh and I had just been discussing that very thing!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #5
loni1090
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is so sweet!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aww! That's cute! I love positive comments about big families.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #7
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So great! I get quite a few, you need to make more babies comments.
OP, my first 3 were similar in age to yours...at one time I had a newborn, a 21 month old and my oldest had just turned 3 one month earlier. Lots of fun!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My kids are about your kids ages and the last time I took the the three of them with me in CFA an older couple stopped by our table and he went to refill my drink while she told me how awesome I was....they totaly made my day, even if she may have stretched the truth a bit. lol!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #9
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Awww, so sweet. Thanks for sharing. We all need to know that there are actually others out there that can enjoy our blessings.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #10
Kindermama
Registered Users
seller

that is very sweet!