Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #21
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Punishments Outside of the Home

If your friend felt comfortable watching your dd for a short time I would have taken him to the car and strapped him into the car seat for about 10 minutes and told him that if he acted up again he would go right back out there. You could just stand outside the car while he was in the seat.

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #22
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Re: Punishments Outside of the Home

We do time outs. I would find a suitable place do do one, there is always a corner somewhere IMHO! I assume this is a friend you'd trust to watch your DD while you took DS out of the play area to a time out spot?

your mall will of course be different, but our play area is inside the food court area, and there is also a big bathroom in the middle of the food court. There is a short, fat hallway between two eating areas, then girls on the left boys on the right. If I had to do a t/o for one that screamed and threw a fit, I would take DS to the end of that hallway and park him down. Not actually in the bathroom, but the end of the hallway (just to be clear so there's not a bunch of "ew gross" comments, LOL).

DS got a t/o one in a short hallway at a craft store. I think there were management offices, maybe an employee break room down the hallway. He was just being awful. And he's had a t/o in the corner of a baby clothing dept in buy buy baby. Those are the two biggies I can think of where it was pretty public and he was being pretty loud.

Last edited by Mom2Connor; 10-12-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote