Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #11
mamalinaaaa
Registered Users
seller

Funny how different we all are. I absolutely hated prefolds and covers oh my word, but I do like having some around while I'm washing our pockets!

Leaning towards trying a few

Advertisement

mamalinaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #12
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lets talk about the diff dipes in your stash!

I have a zillion different dipes (though I have to have even numbers of them ) I like variety. I like flats and prefolds with covers for camping or hanging at the house, pockets and aios with jeans or onsies while going out, and fitteds at home with tee shirts, either coverless in hot weather or wool in cool weather. A diaper for each occasion
Old 10-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #13
mamalinaaaa
Registered Users
seller

I think my variety needs are mainly color haha

Honestly want some BGs because of the mirror color but love Fbs mint and spearmint

I absolutely love color!
mamalinaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #14
armywife21
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalinaaaa View Post
Haha confining

I am scared of getting three different diapers and preferring one over the others and reaching for it more. I mean I understand finding what you like but I dont know

I got out FB in all the colors but I use the ugly orange and bright green for night time and save the cute spearmint color for day haha
Well I would get just THREE one of each right now and then FSOT what doesn't work and purchase more of what does.
armywife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #15
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

elites are small and i have about all fbos & i don't care for the elites. I would prob go for bg anything that is bigger but liked that fb you could change the legs.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #16
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like having a variety but I prefer to have even numbers of each brand. Alas, that is not the case though.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #17
Bentley'sMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

I started out with 1 type and loved it. Then came here and decided I needed to try other things. Lol. So I tried everything and had enough diapers for hundreds of changes. It drove me crazy! So I've been slowly destashing. I only use one type now (simplex OS aios) and enjoy it much better. I kept my prefolds and fitteds since they cost too much to ship and my wool so I can use them if we get rashy, but they aren't part of our daily stash.
Bentley'sMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #18
Jedimomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have mostly bg 4.0s. I love them and wish I could have every color/print. (but money is an object so I restrain myself. Not as much as dh would like, but I digress... Lol). That said, I have 2 blueberry deluxe minky pockets and I love them! Not sure I'd want a whole stash of those, but I wouldn't mind having a few more. I also have a few bububibi minky dipes and I like those a lot too, but kind of the same as the blueberry... Wouldn't want a whole stash of them.

I've tried a LOT and ended up selling them because nothing works as well for us as my trusty bgs. I do like having some organic flips for the diaper bag though... They're so soft and much easier too deal with than pockets on the go.

I love TRADES!
Jedimomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:49 AM   #19
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I like having a bit of a variety, though I have a bit more variety than I would like from when I was trying to figure out what worked for DD1. Now I just what I have. Our main stash in her current size is a dozen pfs, about a dozen flats, and a few OS covers and some wool. I also have 5 Simplex for the diaper bag and 3 Grovia AIOs, which I basically hate, but keep for the rare times I need regular clothes to fit her. We also have a full stash that doesn't fit her right now- some MEOS and 10 BG 3.0s. I can't get any of those big enough for the thighs without either gapping at the waist or coming up to her armpits. But I won't get rid of them because I'm sure they'll fit again one day and then I'll want to use them.

Basically, different diapers have different functions. The fitteds are great for under wool in the summer or when she's a little rashy. The Simplex are so nice for the diaper bag-only one thing to keep track of. The pockets are great for having stay-dry at night (until she outpees their stuffing capacity). And the pfs and flats are such low maintenance that they're the staple of our stash. I'm using them right now exclusively so I can slather her little rashy spot with Triple Paste and not have to worry about it not washing out.

I started out with DD1 with only 1 diaper type (BG Organics), but quickly realized that just wouldn't cut it for us if we wanted to CD full-time. They didn't work for nights or naps (DD1 screamed her head off the moment she felt wet), they were high maintenance with the wash routine, and she outgrew them at 7 months old. So we diversified, and life is much better now.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #20
lashon20
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When I first started 4 years ago I had prefolds, aios, pockets, and fitteds. I also had GroVia when they used to be GroBaby. When I started this time I had flips, fitteds, prefolds, pockets, and fitteds. I ended up selling my flip inserts, and all my fitteds. So all I have now are pockets (BG, Alva, Sunbaby, Blueberry) and prefolds. When I get some money I wanna get some aios to add to my stash. I loved BG Elementals when they used to be called Organics. So I would like to get some more of those. I also wanna try Tots Bots and Swaddlebees Simplex.

Last edited by lashon20; 10-13-2012 at 05:17 AM.
lashon20 is offline   Reply With Quote