View Poll Results: Are Outdoor Play Structures Desirable?
Yes - Must Have! 56 60.87%
Doesn't Bother Me 28 30.43%
Ick, Tacky! 2 2.17%
Other 6 6.52%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #11
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O Outdoor Play Structures, Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I think they all look just fine as long as they are well maintained and the yard is also well maintained.

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #12
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
I think they all look just fine as long as they are well maintained and the yard is also well maintained.
Exactly

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #13
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

To me, the yard is for kids to play in! I don't think it's tacky unless the stuff is all broken or something.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #14
Icryinbaseball
Registered Users

I had at one time 12 plastic play structures( play house, big cube, tree house, slides...), a 4 foot ball, 10-12 ride on toys, swingset, and an array of bikes, scooters, and several powerwheels in the garage. I got t ired of looking at it all. I am down to 2 structures,trampoline, one bike and one scooter per kid, and a powerwheel. My house was always full of neighborhood kids playing the yard and I loved it.
Icryinbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #15
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

I dont think theyre tacky if they are good quality, but i definitely dont think theyre necessary. My kids have way more fun at a park with other kids than they do playing alone on swingsets. I dont think wed have anything unless we lived 30 minutes away from the park....right now we have half a dozen within a six block radius
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #16
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by am_ryan21
Here are pics of what all we have.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DS Forum
I wanna come over and play!!!!

Op, we have an above ground pool, it does have a deck around it though, we also have a metal swingset bc we got it for free and the wood ones, I like better but are way out of our price range. I agree with pp, functionality is way above looks imo when it comes to what my kids are playing with

Sent from my droid
Old 10-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #17
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Other, totally depends on the quality of the structure (though I do think above ground pools are super tacky!).

IMO, if you could get a pro to take a picture of it, and it would look desirable in a magazine ad, it's probably OK.

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #18
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

LOL, it would have never even occurred to me to worry about whether they look tacky. I tend to be oblivious to fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
There's a reason I never wear heels, and don't have perfectly manicured hair and nails - I much prefer functionality and practicality over appearances.

I want my kids to enjoy having a backayrd, and enjoy their young years. I couldn't care any less what my neighbor's think my yard looks like.
This. We have a playset, a sandbox, a trampoline, a picnic table, a swing hanging from a tree, and a big toy box filled with lawn darts, t ball stuff, hula hoops, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am_ryan21 View Post
Here are pics of what all we have.
I love it!

Our playset is 2 years old and we do need to restain it before winter hits...gotta get on DH about that.
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #19
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmoni247 View Post
I dont think theyre tacky if they are good quality, but i definitely dont think theyre necessary. My kids have way more fun at a park with other kids than they do playing alone on swingsets. I dont think wed have anything unless we lived 30 minutes away from the park....right now we have half a dozen within a six block radius
this is sorta why we don't have much in our backyard. We do have a little slide and a water table and a sandbox. But we have a park very close by.

On the other hand, we are considering getting her a big play structure next year, so we'll see.

We often go to one big park with kids, but the rest of the parks around here never have any kids at them.

and I LOVE having kids in my backyard. All enclosed with a fence...
Old 10-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #20
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't live somewhere where I would feel out of place with a Wal-Mart special swing set and a Fisher Price plastic primary colored jungle gym....and my super cool Intex above ground pool haha. Not that I have those things now (yard too small, we rent) but as soon as we move I'm gonna be all over it!

But I fully admit to being Iowa redneck low income white trash so it's okay LOL! Odds are we're going to put a single wide trailer out in the boonies on my ILs land so we'll really class up the joint ;-)
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote