Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #11
Erinne
Registered Users

Re: What do you think: Bike and Stroller in One?

I have this http://store.myzigo.com/Zigo_Leader_..._p/1ldr2aa.htm
I LOVE it! We don't own a car, so we bike or walk everywhere. I have the one that fits 2 kids, but I only have one, so I have room for groceries or whatever. DD will be older by the time we have another, so I could get a trail-a-bike for her and still have room for baby+stuff in the front. With the 2 wheels in front trike set-up, you definitely can't take turns as fast as you can on a regular bike, but personally I just don't bike that fast with my dd anyway, so it really doesn't bother me. I love that I can't fall like you could with a regular bakfiets 2 wheeled bike, and other than the turning factor, it's really the same as riding a regular bike. All around, I really love my bike and would encourage anyone else to consider biking more with your kids!

Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #12
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I have to say that I love the concept. I don't drive, so when DH is working we walk everywhere. The idea of a stable bike that I could take my kids with me on is awesome. Now, the price is not awesome, and I don't know how it actually rides, but I can't help but love it. Baby in the front and off we go! It even takes some infant seats and has a large basket for that rare time you go without your child. Man I am now coveting that bike. I'd never justify the cost, but if some good fairy were to drop it at my door, I'd love it. Never have to leave it outside where it could get rained on or stolen, quickly convert from one to the other. This is definitely me geeking out.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
Erinne
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
I have to say that I love the concept. I don't drive, so when DH is working we walk everywhere. The idea of a stable bike that I could take my kids with me on is awesome. Now, the price is not awesome, and I don't know how it actually rides, but I can't help but love it. Baby in the front and off we go! It even takes some infant seats and has a large basket for that rare time you go without your child. Man I am now coveting that bike. I'd never justify the cost, but if some good fairy were to drop it at my door, I'd love it. Never have to leave it outside where it could get rained on or stolen, quickly convert from one to the other. This is definitely me geeking out.
I got mine on craigslist for $1000 after checking regularly for months. Still a lot, but compared to a car, not that much, and next to no ongoing costs. Sorry for trying to be your enabler ! Mine does convert to a stroller, and it says "in 30 seconds!" or something, but realistically, it's a pain and I rarely do it. It does ride really well, though!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #14
KlRegist
Registered Users

I think it looks awesome, but I wonder if you'd have better luck with a bike trailer that converts to a stroller. We have a Chariot brand trailer and have loved it for trips - only have to pack the one item and throw the bikes on the bike rack. Burley also makes some trailers that convert to strollers that are comparable.
KlRegist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I think it looks really uncomfortable to ride, but if it's comfortable then it's not a bad idea at all. I do agree with the PP though that said they'd rather invest in a nice bike and bike trailer, and still have the nice bike when the kids grow up and get their own bikes. DH and I bought a couple nice bikes and a bike trailer for DS last spring and have been very happy with them. We do not ride on major roads, just the neighborhood and greenway type areas (those are carfree). I do worry about someone running into the back of us with his bike trailer, but typically we ride as a family so whoever is not pulling DS is back a little by the trailer and helping watch for cars.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #16
arihillfarm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Neat concept, but I think it would be hard to steer with two wheels in front and one in the rear and with those little wheels, you'd wear yourself out trying to pedal. :-)

-Astrid
WAHM to DD 13, DS 6 and DS 3 and I'm a Magic Maker with Off to Neverland Travel, specializing in Disney! Ask me about how to get the vacation of your dreams (Disney or elsewhere) for the best price and service possible at no extra cost to you. "Like" my agency page on Facebook for the latest travel specials!
arihillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #17
sublime.mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

How is the gear ratio on the zigo for hills? Its super hilly here
Old 09-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #18
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The cost...oh...the cost!

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #19
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

I saw one of those (or similar) on the bike route home a few weeks ago. Seemed to be working pretty well for the woman riding it.
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote