Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #51
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBarton
This is my first pregnancy so excuse the ignorance! I haven't had any cravings yet, should I be? also is anyone else still puking?? I still take zofran most days I'm 15 weeks and 3 days.
No question is ignorant! i never really had cravings with my DS except a particular Arbys meal (weird I know) but I don't remember it until middle to later in the pregnancy. So far, I haven't really had any other than an occasional chocolate desire that is usually passing. I can't help with the puking because I luckily did not experience that. I'm so sorry you are though, that has gotta be rough!

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #52
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 7th-13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBarton View Post
This is my first pregnancy so excuse the ignorance! I haven't had any cravings yet, should I be? also is anyone else still puking?? I still take zofran most days I'm 15 weeks and 3 days.
No worries, even when it's not your first time there are always new questions that come up!

Cravings - not necessary, totally fine not to have them. You also may not be getting them yet because of the continued m/s.

Puking - I'm sorry mama. I have had bad m/s (morning sickness) with my girls (and this time around, but we'll see what Babe is) and not much at all with the boys, but it's always ended around 13 weeks/2nd trimester for me. I know, though, that it can be normal to have it continue further along, for some even for the whole pregnancy.
it's just taking a few extra weeks with you and will let up soon.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #53
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I really didn't have cravings with DD.

No real cravings here yet either. I mean, I buy crazy things at the grocery store cause they sound good, but I wouldn't call them much different from what I do regularly - lol.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #54
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

I've never had crazy craving that you hear about, but there are sometimes I just can't kick the desire to get something specific. Recently I wanted a california roll, then got it and was a bit disappointed. Oh well.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum... Typos complements of Swype

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #55
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I didn't have cravings until a few weeks after I stopped being sick. I stopped vomiting at 15 weeksish, and the nausea went away a few days after that.
That's my last pregnancy, this go around I'm only at 11 weeks, 5 days and I'm still in the depths of "Dear Lord, please don't let me die of morning sickness!"

Today was AMAZING! I didn't feel nauseous until about 8pm! Although I didn't FEEL nauseous, I did vomit like the exorcist while changing DS's diaper... woops. I'm going to give that baby a shame complex. hahaha
I was able to stay hydrated and even have a couple of meals today! I'm snacking on yellow peppers and dip right now, because they're juicy and anything juicy makes me feel better.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #56
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I haven't really had any cravings. Though I do have a definite preference for carbs and tart drinks. What I am is susceptible... I see a commercial for something and i WANT it.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #57
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am so sorry for you mommas still sick. I hope its over soon!!!!

I dont crave anything like a beast, jyst normal, "ohhh, that sounds gooood!" Stuff. Chips and salsa. Gummy candy, pumpkin bagels with pumpkin cream cheese

Gotta clean hard core today. Dh invited coworkers over for a house party....our turn at hosting. Im bummed I cant play beer pong

Eh, oh well.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #58
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I craved cheesecake with my first - which is really quite $$ when you're needing it every day! By the end of that pregnancy I had perfected my homemade cheesecake

When I get a craving, I really get a craving. Like a "MUST HAVE RIGHT NOW OR I WILL DIEEEEE!!!!" feeling. It's horrible!
I had one hit me with my first pregnancy (thank goodness my first or we never could have gotten some) for steak... at 9pm... we found a restaurant that was open really late and went out for a big steak dinner, lol.
Last night I was needing pepper jelly (spread over cream cheese, with nacho chips ). I'm desperately wanting my friend's pepper jelly (it's so yummy, and homemade) but at least I had some other stuff in my fridge. I need to beg her for some, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
Today was AMAZING! I didn't feel nauseous until about 8pm! Although I didn't FEEL nauseous, I did vomit like the exorcist while changing DS's diaper... woops. I'm going to give that baby a shame complex. hahaha
I was able to stay hydrated and even have a couple of meals today! I'm snacking on yellow peppers and dip right now, because they're juicy and anything juicy makes me feel better.
That's great! That's actually how my m/s weans itself out, it seems. It'll start taking a bit longer to hit me, over a week or 2, and then it leaves - I mean, still the odd feeling now and then, but nothing like it was.
Peppers and dip sounds like a great snack! You're right, with the water content of the peppers, it should help you feel better. I think that's why I was craving cucumbers really badly when m/s hit me - all the water in them. Bonus - they seemed to help me get through the first "hormone overload breakout face" crap that normally hits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
I haven't really had any cravings. Though I do have a definite preference for carbs and tart drinks. What I am is susceptible... I see a commercial for something and i WANT it.
Oy, YES. I hate commercials when I'm pregnant. Sitting there, watching something all content, suddenly a BK or McD's commercial comes on and I NEED IT. Silly pregnant hormones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I dont crave anything like a beast, jyst normal, "ohhh, that sounds gooood!" Stuff. Chips and salsa. Gummy candy, pumpkin bagels with pumpkin cream cheese

Gotta clean hard core today. Dh invited coworkers over for a house party....our turn at hosting. Im bummed I cant play beer pong

Eh, oh well.
pumpkin cream cheese sound really good! MIL sent us home from Thanksgiving with a whole pumpkin pie - I ate pretty much the whole thing by myself this week So good!

Sorry about the beer pong! I kwym though - I was bummed even when I got my pepper jelly last night, cuz it's so yummy with a cold heinekin. Ah well, next year

AFM: DD and DH are still sleeping (it's after 9 here) The boys and I slept in until 8:30 I love it when they're able to sleep in!
We're heading to town once everyone's up and around - gotta get some stuff for Zech's birthday (we do a "family supper/small party" for everyone on their birthday, then they can have a friend party on a weekend or something if they want), gotta look for some halloween costumes for the olders, and I want to look for some fall boots - DD, DS1, and I need some! I mean, I'm sure I could survive without... but I'd like some

What's everyone else up to this weekend?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #59
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are out of town for a good friend of DH's wedding! It is nice, but not what I wanted to do this weekend. It's also a very proper wedding and is making me kind of awkward. For example, its a no children allowed, destination wedding. They have hired babysitters which is thoughtful, but one of the moms has a young, exclusively nursing babe. They said she could bring the baby, but without telling her they hired a sitter to hold the baby in another room for the ceremony. The mom still doesnt know. Yeah, no way I would leave my four month old with a stranger. Anyway, rant over.

Regarding cravings. I havent had any cravings with any of my pregnancies. Sometimes DH will tease me saying I crave rice or potatoes, but its more food aversions where I just want something bland. My food aversions lasted throughout DS's pregnancy.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #60
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My strongest cravings were with my third, and I ate salt and vinegar Kettle brand potato chips like crazy! I paced myself to half a bag a day! I could have easily eaten a whole bag a day! I don't even like potato chips usually.

I'm going to work on the halloween costumes today, between bday parties and errands. Superhero family here- Capt. America, Black Widow, Spider girl, I'll be Wonder woman , hubby Clark Kent, baby- the kids vote for Wasp, but we will see Glad to have a bit of energy today, and my b-day is tomorrow, so looking forward to a day "off"