Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 05:27 AM   #11
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question??

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymamaNY View Post
I'm just curious as to why the OB would say bd every other day? Why not as often as possible, and daily? I tell ya, if my OB told my husband to bd every day this month, he'd be pretty excited LOL!
Optimal sperm creation is every 48 hours You actually end up with less sperm if you go every day. At least that's how I remember it!

Advertisement

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #12
Mack
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzbear

Optimal sperm creation is every 48 hours You actually end up with less sperm if you go every day. At least that's how I remember it!
Its less sperm per ejaculate. Over 48 hours Obviously the number of sperm Will be the same But the Concentration Of sperm to fluid will be less.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:37 AM   #13
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
Its less sperm per ejaculate. Over 48 hours Obviously the number of sperm Will be the same But the Concentration Of sperm to fluid will be less.

^^ this is what the OB's reasoning was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymamaNY View Post
I'm just curious as to why the OB would say bd every other day? Why not as often as possible, and daily? I tell ya, if my OB told my husband to bd every day this month, he'd be pretty excited LOL!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #14
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Unless your DH has a low count, you can BD each day. My RE was adament about BDing as much as possible the second that the OPK turned positive. She said that sperm production takes 72 days in total and every day a man has a full new batch. If you have sex multiple times in one day, each ejaculate will have less sperm. THe next day he will have as much as he did the day before.

So if your DH is normal, you can BD each day and that will give you a better chance of conception. The more sperm there, the better.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #15
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
Unless your DH has a low count, you can BD each day. My RE was adament about BDing as much as possible the second that the OPK turned positive. She said that sperm production takes 72 days in total and every day a man has a full new batch. If you have sex multiple times in one day, each ejaculate will have less sperm. THe next day he will have as much as he did the day before.

So if your DH is normal, you can BD each day and that will give you a better chance of conception. The more sperm there, the better.
Nice! He doesn't have low count. Good to know because we BD'd two days right in a row this weekend. lol. Thanks so much for all the info you've provided!!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #16
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep - we followed the "every other day" rule for months. Always a BFN. The one month we said "screw it!" and just DTD every.single.day - we got pregnant! With normal sperm count, every day is fine.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #17
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That's what I thought. I'd do it every day! LOL! I mean, if your surge is a quick one, you may miss that single day! Who cares if the sperm is more if you wait? I mean....what good is it if you missed the egg? It's better to bd every day and have some sperm get in there every day and I would think that it would increase chances of catching the egg
Old 10-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #18
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I've been testing with the LH strips. I'm pretty sure I O'd on monday. Tuesday and wednesday the line was barely there...really light. Thursday it was a little darker...yesterday it was a little darker than it was the day before. Today it's even darker, not darker than the control line dark but dark enough to say that I think I'm having an LH surge again...???? It's just a shade lighter than the control line? What's up with that?

ETA: I am posting this question in a new thread too.

Last edited by Dani_Phen; 10-13-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Dani_Phen is offline   Reply With Quote