Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2012, 02:32 AM   #81
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Found this blog about Snap Benefits

ThaWe have snap at the moment and the amountnwe get boggles my mind, it like 700 or so a month. We had a very tight budget in the past so its strange to have extra to spend and a bit nice too. It also covers my dds pricey hypoallergenic formula that we will soo have a script for. I dont know why some people think it doesnt cover enough unless they go around using it for lots of junk food. I think i will actually miss it when dh starts his job soon.

Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #82
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone
ThaWe have snap at the moment and the amountnwe get boggles my mind, it like 700 or so a month. We had a very tight budget in the past so its strange to have extra to spend and a bit nice too. It also covers my dds pricey hypoallergenic formula that we will soo have a script for. I dont know why some people think it doesnt cover enough unless they go around using it for lots of junk food. I think i will actually miss it when dh starts his job soon.
What do you mean by "cover enough?" It definitely covers enough, but depending in what you're approved for it isn't always $4/person per day. My figure is closer to $2.50.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #83
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
What do you mean by "cover enough?" It definitely covers enough, but depending in what you're approved for it isn't always $4/person per day. My figure is closer to $2.50.

When theynsay they still dont have enough to feed a family for a month. I know sometimes its a supplemental fund depending on the income, but they are pretty reasonable with making sure you have enough for healthy food for a month.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #84
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone

When theynsay they still dont have enough to feed a family for a month. I know sometimes its a supplemental fund depending on the income, but they are pretty reasonable with making sure you have enough for healthy food for a month.
Depends on who you talk to. I know plenty of people who qualify for a small amount. My brother for instance was $37. Now he doesn't qualify because he got a small raise at his second job. In order for the average to be $4 per person, there have to be quite a few below that and quite a few above that.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #85
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
Depends on who you talk to. I know plenty of people who qualify for a small amount. My brother for instance was $37. Now he doesn't qualify because he got a small raise at his second job. In order for the average to be $4 per person, there have to be quite a few below that and quite a few above that.

We applied while my DH wasn't working and it was just my WAHM business supporting us. We qualified for $67 a month and we are a family of 5 (and believe me, my business does NOT make that much).
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote